Do some girls just not call guys

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've taken this chick out on a couple of dates. Everything seems great when we are on them, she's affectionate. Doesn't seem to want them to end. Thanks me for taking her out. But the chick won't call me, ever. I've texted her once and she txt me right back. When I call to ask her out, she seems excited and doesn't hesitate to go out on the date. But it would be nice to get a phone call so I don't feel like I'm doing all the chasing.

You guys ever seen this?

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, my girlfriend is like this.

I sometimes wonder if she has read 'the rules' book. I pin it down to female game and too high a self esteem.

I neg and destroy her self esteem regularly to keep it in check. She isnt that much of a player either, its hard to understand their games sometimes.

My nickname for her atm is 'sausage dog', on the joke that she looks like a cute little sausage dog. Lets see her try to play hard to get now.

Note: never call her out on this. never let her see it gets to you, you will lose the game. Play it back at her.

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice,

I never let her see me sweat.

Truth be told I like it.. Keeps me more interested, and she told me early on she doesn't chase.

tafakna

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Weezy said:
I've taken this chick out on a couple of dates. Everything seems great when we are on them, she's affectionate. Doesn't seem to want them to end. Thanks me for taking her out. But the chick won't call me, ever. I've texted her once and she txt me right back. When I call to ask her out, she seems excited and doesn't hesitate to go out on the date. But it would be nice to get a phone call so I don't feel like I'm doing all the chasing.
One of the girls I'm going out with is just like that.

She always replies, always answer calls and never ever flakes (on something like 20 dates so far); but she will never take the initiative. She works at a hospital, and in a few times we went travelling, she was like a maniac calling co-workers to find someone to cover her shift, so she could stay longer.

I'm curious what the background is with you guys (how long have you been dating, what was her past relationship like, etc).

My take on this is that by establishing the habit of not calling, they always lose a lot of control. So it usually works to date them for a few months, establishing a relationship, and then stop calling for a while.

Not only will she miss you (if there's any feeling there) but it will drive them insane as by establishing the pattern of not calling, they know that if they do it will be very clear that they folded.

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tafakna said:
One of the girls I'm going out with is just like that.

She always replies, always answer calls and never ever flakes (on something like 20 dates so far); but she will never take the initiative. She works at a hospital, and in a few times we went travelling, she was like a maniac calling co-workers to find someone to cover her shift, so she could stay longer. Later informed me she had stayed home from work sick, and had pink eye so she had to go to the doctor.. Didn't even tell me about it till the date was over.
Wow, that sounds familiar. Last date we went on, she told me before the date she had to pick up her roomate at 10. When I got there she said she was sick.. I offered to end the date after dinner, and she protested. I told her I should take her home at 9:30 and she protested saying it only takes 15 min.. Then ended up asking me to drive her to the airport so we could hang out longer.

tafakna said:
I'm curious what the background is with you guys (how long have you been dating, what was her past relationship like, etc).
We've been hanging out about a month, been on 3 dates.. I call her about 1x per week to hook something up.

Sounds like this isn't abnormal behavior so I'll not let it bother me..

How often do you call her to hang out?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl I'm dating right now is the same way.

You'd be surprised how many women behave like this.

Never forget, they have their own "dating rules" (think SoSuave) and let him call you is definitely one of them.

In fact; in certain cases, her following this religiously probably indicates she's interested.

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to know..

I'm gonna keep rolling with 1 call\date per week until she expresses frustration at this.

It's lame that I have to put in all the work.. Any thought on the calling frequency?

Jay Dee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember chaps, some girls don't call until you've fecked them - so stay cool.
But once in a while tell them to call you.

tafakna

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Weezy said:
We've been hanging out about a month, been on 3 dates.. I call her about 1x per week to hook something up.

Sounds like this isn't abnormal behavior so I'll not let it bother me..

How often do you call her to hang out?
It depends but overall a couple of calls a week (one short call to just catch up without make any mention of getting together, one even shorter to invite her out). Sometimes when I know what her schedule is like I just text her saying 'be ready at such and such time, dress this way' without giving any other details.

She is aware of all this as she told me that she would call me on my birthday (in a couple of weeks).

I will tell her 'Don't get me wrong, but don't call me on my birthday. You don't need to do anything you don't like doing'. Just to stir things up a bit and shake her confidence a bit... lol...

BTW, I did bang her on our second date, so that's not the problem here.

I think the gameplan is to go out until she's conditioned to expect going out and a weekly phone call; and then just disappear and leave her wondering. And act aloof, don't call for 2 weeks, then call a couple of times.

But first establish some sort of dating pattern, so she actually misses you when you are not around...

'Don't call men' is all over the net as a women technique. The weakness here is that you have all the control (imagine having to wait for another person to call not knowing when it would happen)...

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she doesn't call you dump the chubby chub. All about respect. That is about all a male has on this earth - respect. The easiest way to live with some pride is to not chase anyone around anyone like a little puppy.

tosh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually been in LTRs where neither party called the other, ever. Some texts, some online chat, then a bi-weekly meet including ****ing.

Do you guys actually enjoy phone conversations on their own merit? I don't especially...

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tosh said:
I've actually been in LTRs where neither party called the other, ever. Some texts, some online chat, then a bi-weekly meet including ****ing.

Do you guys actually enjoy phone conversations on their own merit? I don't especially...
Missing the point. She should worship you. If not you need to work on yourself. It is in every female to need and want a real man. Not a p---- who flip-flops around in cargo shorts. I am talking about a take charge kinda of man. Suppose it is the reason that practically every girl dreams of the "older" man who sweeps her off of her feet.

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been with a girl for months (not in a relationship), no calls but always is interested. Its probably rule #1 of most women...no calls until he does.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is definitely one of those enigmas. I've had girls not call me and be obsessed with me (like they were almost too scared to call), and the opposite as well. I guess you can only keep doing what works

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a girl like this too, she never calls, but if i call her to chill, shes always down for me to come over or pick her up. She has had alot of boyfriends, and told me she talks to other guys. So it just means she not desperite. Shes also very submissive. So she takes orders and doesnt give them.

tosh

Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
Missing the point. She should worship you. If not you need to work on yourself. It is in every female to need and want a real man. Not a p---- who flip-flops around in cargo shorts. I am talking about a take charge kinda of man. Suppose it is the reason that practically every girl dreams of the "older" man who sweeps her off of her feet.
She did.

Not sure what you're on about with the rant about cargo shorts and real men :D

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl is waiting for you to initiate contact every single time, it means her interest level for you is low. When a girl really likes you, she will throw away the rule book and cease paying those childish games. Never try to rationalize it by thinking she must really be interested thats why she's playing these games, that's just your ego talking. Pursuing someone rarely results into a healthy relationship.

The biggest mistake men make is projecting themselves onto women. They think that because he feels romantic, that she does as well.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
teacha said:
If a girl is waiting for you to initiate contact every single time, it means her interest level for you is low. When a girl really likes you, she will throw away the rule book and cease paying those childish games. Never try to rationalize it by thinking she must really be interested thats why she's playing these games, that's just your ego talking. Pursuing someone rarely results into a healthy relationship.

The biggest mistake men make is projecting themselves onto women. They think that because he feels romantic, that she does as well.
This statement is true.

Which is why this thread is so fascinating.

When interest level starts to go above melting point, all girls lose it and will call and chase like a derranged puppy dog.

However some girls will call and act lovey dovey with low interest while they are cheating on you, we see from hard evidence.

And some girls will play the game and make you chase even though they have what appears to be a high interest, we see from equally hard evidence.

This baffles me and my 6month+ relationship. However personally, i find she has eased up on it since the start, which leads me to think it was game playing.

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
teacha said:

+1 rep on this.

I got fn punked last night calling one of these girls that never calls me. I thought everything was going great... and then she drops a bomb on me last night that over the weekend she ran into a guy that she used to date who is a jerk and an *******, and low and behold she still has feelings for him..

F Me.