Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do not tolerate disrespect from anyone (read the bold if its too much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just ignore people who don't respect me. I don't entertain them with my attention. There's enough people around me in this world that give me respect, so the small minority that have subpar social intelligence or who are out to get me are a miniscule issue.

Actions of disrespect towards you are normal. It happened to me a lot more when I was younger, but now that I'm older people are usually afraid to demean me. And if they do, I think the best way to respond is anything which results in you not being affected at all in any way: laughing, or just flat out not responding as if your mind has a filter for things that are worth giving attention to or ignoring.

I've never been one to "demand respect" or anything. In my personal experiences, people who tried to disrespect me were just lower in all ways and forms. It wasn't even worth it. I don't need, nor do I want, respect from those who bring value to no one and have nothing going for them.

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
Your OP actually specifically states that the "more often you call out" disrespect the more you have a "rock solid" and "manly" personality. Calling someone out can be effective - but in very limited circumstances and it must be done in the right manner. If all you are doing is "calling out" people's behavior that you perceive to be disrespect, I think you will soon find you will be getting a reputation for being thin-skinned and emotional. Neither of these are "manly" qualities.
See that's your idea and projection of the idea of "calling out". Calling out is not asking someone to square up with you or demeaning them. It's telling people "yo, chill out with that. I don't joke around like that".. instead of laughing and acting like something is cool with you and playing along for the sake of making friends. Or, not tolerating manipulative behavior from a girl you're seeing or sleeping with.

It's maintaining your dignity in a workplace or a team, where everyone else may be a veteran/senior worker and you might be the new guy who they try to pick on. It goes a long way. Sometimes not tolerating disrespect can be as simple as cracking jokes back or outwitting someone.

I just ignore people who don't respect me. I don't entertain them with my attention. There's enough people around me in this world that give me respect, so the small minority that have subpar social intelligence or who are out to get me are a miniscule issue.

Actions of disrespect towards you are normal. It happened to me a lot more when I was younger, but now that I'm older people are usually afraid to demean me. And if they do, I think the best way to respond is anything which results in you not being affected at all in any way: laughing, or just flat out not responding as if your mind has a filter for things that are worth giving attention to or ignoring.

I've never been one to "demand respect" or anything. In my personal experiences, people who tried to disrespect me were just lower in all ways and forms. It wasn't even worth it. I don't need, nor do I want, respect from those who bring value to no one and have nothing going for them.
This is an integral part of not tolerating disrespect.. It's not giving attention to that person. Ie: a girl way back threw a fit at me because I picked up her cat, whos supposedly old and who she has a real mothers like care for. I simply stopped givng her attention the rest of the night and it worked well. She apologized twice for her behavior. I mean in that situation, I understood where she was coming from, but it was just her immediate reaction (yelling from across the room as she saw me pick up her cat).

I've had another chick who told one of my guys that she doesn't talk to me anymore and that I was a "creep" because of some incident .. when I found out I couldn't believe she said that. So for that disrespectful ass statement, I stopped talking to her period. Months would pass by and I'd pass/see her at the college campus and not say a word to her. The result? She came up running ot me and apologized hard and told me about how "you never know what the future holds" and all this stuff I didnt care for.

I think the problem with a lot of people entering this topic is: they're projecting ideas based on times they felt disrespected. its funn yhow none of the dudes who responded that didn't get the point had any reference point to women in their comments, when this is a forum about casual dating and game. It just goes to show you where a lot of peoples head is at and where weaker dudes resort to (their negative past experiences, mostly with other men who disrespected them I guess)

Last edited:

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's telling people "yo, chill out with that. I don't joke around like that".
there was this black dude at my previous job where i'd make racist black jokes in front of him and he reacted the same way. just made hanging out with him annoying cuz i had to watch out not to trigger this vagina. hung out with others who had no problem with racist jokes cuz they know it's no big deal and laughed out loud.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See that's your idea and projection of the idea of "calling out". Calling out is not asking someone to square up with you or demeaning them. It's telling people "yo, chill out with that. I don't joke around like that".. instead of laughing and acting like something is cool with you and playing along for the sake of making friends. Or, not tolerating manipulative behavior from a girl you're seeing or sleeping with.

It's maintaining your dignity in a workplace or a team, where everyone else may be a veteran/senior worker and you might be the new guy who they try to pick on. It goes a long way. Sometimes not tolerating disrespect can be as simple as cracking jokes back or outwitting someone.
What you are describing here is not "calling out." That is simply standing up for yourself -- which I applaud. But "calling out" is being direct and reprimanding someone for their bullsh1t. Hence why it needs to be used sparingly and strategically. I don't think anyone is going to agree with you that "cracking a joke" or "outwitting" someone is the same as "calling them out." Those are completely different things.

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
What you are describing here is not "calling out." That is simply standing up for yourself -- which I applaud. But "calling out" is being direct and reprimanding someone for their bullsh1t. Hence why it needs to be used sparingly and strategically. I don't think anyone is going to agree with you that "cracking joke" or "outwitting" someone is the same as "calling them out." Those are completely different things.
Well call out covers more than just the basic things. Let's say you have a friend who's getting disrespected by some aggressive dudes at the club. In that sense you'd be calling them out on their disrespect. I mean I don't tolerate disrespect myself or by others disrespecting friends of mine. Then again, I'm no tough guy but a good friend always sticks up for his homies.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In OP's defense, I'm imagining the scene in Mad Men where Don Draper calls out a group of employees laughing and giggling about another employee pissing his pants. He called them a bunch of "highschool girls" who have nothing better to do than gossip. Yeah it's a TV show, but less theatrical versions of this happen in real life.

In very rare cases, which you can only tell during the time it's happening, is "calling out" useful IMO. The alternate, which probably happens more often, is that you end up sounding more butt-hurt than anything when you try to call out being disrespected or being verbally bullied. Which is why, before trying to do any kind of rebuttals or take any counter-action, is to build yourself up in general and come from a central and solid point in which nothing can really affect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.