Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do not tolerate disrespect from anyone (read the bold if its too much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
One of the greatest lessons a man will ever learn in life is to not tolerate disrespect from anyone. Even people who you are close friends with. Now if you have a habit of "joking" around or clowning around with your friends, you can't suddenly expect them to change because you allowed it to happen for so long.

But the key to not tolerating disrespect is to shut it down before it even starts. If someone's making some type of jokes you don't like, even if its not with you, just don't bother dealing with them or hanging around them. If their actions make you feel disrespected, call them out on it and toss them aside or show them the repercussions of their actions. Best way to do that is simply by cutting them off.

If people are demeaning to you in any way, don't allow them in your life and definitely don't give them any of your time or energy. Shut that sht down or move around and leave them at the circus. The longer you allow yourself to be subject to disrespect, by a man, a woman, your friend, your girlfriend, strangers, your siblings, whoever, it will just weaken your willpower and make you more vulnerable and "easy going"

Aa lot of the disrespect people do without realizing it is done in actions rather than words. Most people don't recognize when they're being disrespected because so much in our society has changed in the past like 5-6 decades.

Jokes are a thin line. Its all about the quality of joke and whether it's witty or geninely funny or not. If someone is just saying osme super gay sh.t to get a ride out of you, that's simply disrespectful. Same thing with allowing a "friend" to call you b.itch, as a joke. If they talk to you like that once, they'll get used to talking to you like that if you allow it.

Even with close friends of mine, I used to get kind of serious when they'd text me shi.t like "Whatup you little ***** where you at fag.got". I know that sounds harsh but if you know my personality and how my personality used to be before, I just tend to show others respect and hold myself like a true man and not like some teenager saying disrespectful sh.t just because I can.

The sad reality is alot of people talk to each other like that, especially with friends. I never understood it. I mean I kinda get it but I wouldn't hold myself like that because I wouldn't like being called a fu.cker or bi.tch or fag.got casually.

The more often you call out and shut down disrespect or get away from people who are grown adults who act like teenagers, whether it be a girl you're dating, some person you just met, a friend of yours, or a stranger, you start developing a more manly, assertive and rock solid personality.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Respect is earned by how u conduct urself and not as you suggested.

As an example, Trump, even when he used to be a President he was often disrespected by his own people, why ?

Now we take an example of Pope John Paul or even Queen Elizabeth, even if they hold less power then Trump, they're massively respected in their respective country and to the wider world, why ?

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score

All you do is disagree with people.
And what are you doing with that comment snowflake?

This is what conversation is / this is what a discussion forum is:

A sharing of ideas , a challenging of ideas, looking at things from a different perspective...

nobody has the absolute truth, perhaps somebody offers an idea but there are holes in certain aspects. Perhaps the idea needs tweaking, perhaps the input given has holes in it and needs tweaking.

You cannot cry every time somebody has a conflicting point of view or does not agree 100% with your opinion. This is exactly what the universities have turned into: leftist echo chambers. Safe spaces where you don't have to be confronted by the "evils" who may have an alternative opinion.

This is exactly what the communist left are doing : going after people, getting them fired from their jobs, blackballing them. Silencing them. Why? because they had the audacity to have a conflicting opinion.

I think this poster publicly announced that he has about 20 other posters on "ignore". That's impressive for a poster that signed up what about three months ago. And here he is again trying to publicly shut down another poster who dares to have an opposing opinion, not even directly to him, but to another.

Censorship and safe space seeking.

Wolves in sheep's clothing.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

All you do is disagree with people.
When u disagree with someone else, then at least provide an alternative solution or an alternative argument.

I thought u r a proponent for men to be men but somehow u sound like a girl who has nothing else to add but complain without substance.

Come to think abt it, OP's written piece here is what a feminine mind would think of, they're preoccupied with "respect" every single time.

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
Video reminded me of the op here. Diego Sanchez and his Coach (mostly his fool coach) DEMANDING RESPECT from UFC commentators.

Embarrasses himself. Diego's contract gets terminated/ he gets fired.

Demanding respect is a frame / boundary issue. Control the controllables.

This video of someone demanding respect is cringe.

Realthangpoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree in part, don’t let anyone disrespect you if they’re purposefully disrespecting you. However I think it’s also important to not take yourself too seriously, there’s this thing called banter and I think Americans are pretty bad at not taking themselves too serious.

At the end you’re also choosing to be disrespected, it’s like choosing to be offended or hurt. If you can laugh it away and you don’t care then who should care?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done this and now have no friends. It is what it is. I do, however, think there is another component which needs to be addressed: how to be a man worthy of respect. Simply cutting people off won't do anything if I'm not worthy of respect in the first place.

That's something I'm working on.

Additionally, what you speak about is how I realized giving a woman oral was submissive and not a good behavior as I've noticed when doing oral, afterwards the woman would seem empowered. Furthermore, once a woman called me her b*tch while I was doing it. That was the last time I did oral.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I do, however, think there is another component which needs to be addressed: how to be a man worthy of respect. Simply cutting people off won't do anything if I'm not worthy of respect in the first place.
Very good.

If u r an efficient and effective man who constantly produces results, even ur enemies would admire you, quietly of course, but there's a form of respect that they will grant you.

If u r not an effective and efficient man who constantly produces negative results, you can only cry to the moon and beyond to DEMAND respect.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just busting each others balls.

At work everyone makes fun of this one guy for having a fcked up hairline that he's clearly insecure about cuz hes always wearing a hat.

Others make fun of this other guy cuz hes technically homeless.

Another guy gets called a naked mole rat/dyke.

Lot of "nigga u gay" "that's cuz he's a fcking moron. That's why"

It's all good fun. Everyone's cool with everybody. If you cant handle it its cuz you actually are a fag.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the greatest lessons a man will ever learn in life is to not tolerate disrespect from anyone. Even people who you are close friends with. Now if you have a habit of "joking" around or clowning around with your friends, you can't suddenly expect them to change because you allowed it to happen for so long.

But the key to not tolerating disrespect is to shut it down before it even starts. If someone's making some type of jokes you don't like, even if its not with you, just don't bother dealing with them or hanging around them. If their actions make you feel disrespected, call them out on it and toss them aside or show them the repercussions of their actions. Best way to do that is simply by cutting them off.

If people are demeaning to you in any way, don't allow them in your life and definitely don't give them any of your time or energy. Shut that sht down or move around and leave them at the circus. The longer you allow yourself to be subject to disrespect, by a man, a woman, your friend, your girlfriend, strangers, your siblings, whoever, it will just weaken your willpower and make you more vulnerable and "easy going"

Aa lot of the disrespect people do without realizing it is done in actions rather than words. Most people don't recognize when they're being disrespected because so much in our society has changed in the past like 5-6 decades.

Jokes are a thin line. Its all about the quality of joke and whether it's witty or geninely funny or not. If someone is just saying osme super gay sh.t to get a ride out of you, that's simply disrespectful. Same thing with allowing a "friend" to call you b.itch, as a joke. If they talk to you like that once, they'll get used to talking to you like that if you allow it.

Even with close friends of mine, I used to get kind of serious when they'd text me shi.t like "Whatup you little ***** where you at fag.got". I know that sounds harsh but if you know my personality and how my personality used to be before, I just tend to show others respect and hold myself like a true man and not like some teenager saying disrespectful sh.t just because I can.

The sad reality is alot of people talk to each other like that, especially with friends. I never understood it. I mean I kinda get it but I wouldn't hold myself like that because I wouldn't like being called a fu.cker or bi.tch or fag.got casually.

The more often you call out and shut down disrespect or get away from people who are grown adults who act like teenagers, whether it be a girl you're dating, some person you just met, a friend of yours, or a stranger, you start developing a more manly, assertive and rock solid personality.
The way to shut it down before it even begins is through your own actions. Carry yourself with confidence and competence and very few people are going to disrespect you. Keep in mind that in life disrespect is unavoidable. There will always be those who want to tear you down out of jealousy or other reasons of their own. Those you must deal directly with OR perhaps choose to simply ignore it. A lot of what you posted here as advice will just make you come off as having an extremely thin skin/no sense of humor.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The idea/concept is strong. Respect, both internal and external, are an integral part of centeredness, maturity, and emotional intelligence. Just don't forget it is a two-way street and your actions/words will be judged as well. And like trust, it is something you earn and build on overtime. It is not an instant thing you accomplish by walking away from a situation you don't agree with.

Also, what you consider disrespectful might not be for someone else. You see, everyone has their own perspective/reality and the curious thing is that that is only your reality, not the true and collective reality or absolute truth. This is why we mentioned emotional intelligence because it takes a lot of it to find a slightly somewhat balanced absolute truth/reality.

Out two cents (and own perspective)

Modern Man Advice

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
Respect is earned by how u conduct urself and not as you suggested.

As an example, Trump, even when he used to be a President he was often disrespected by his own people, why ?

Now we take an example of Pope John Paul or even Queen Elizabeth, even if they hold less power then Trump, they're massively respected in their respective country and to the wider world, why ?
This topic is not about how respect is earned but about not tolerating disrespect. You don't need to earn someone's respect to not tolerate disrespect from them. Furthermore, your point is a fallacy because by not tolerating disrespect, you can earn the respect of someone who thought of you as less. ie: Some thugs who try to mess with you, and you don't take it and don't back down.

But, I'm not here to argue semantics. If I need to explain that notion to you, you don't belong in this discussion. Maybe take the time to actually read what the post is about before trying to disagree and validate your ego.

The truth is that if you are not worthy of respect in the first place but obsessed with being respected , you are not more cringe than a fat woman with bad personality that wants to date only male models
If you don't know that there are peolpe out there who don't know what disrespect is and will disrespect you with or without knowing, regardless of how you carry yourself, you need to step outside the house more often. Infact, try going to some bars in south boston.

As for dudes like @Grinderman , they simply dont' get the point of this topic (It has nothing to do with demanding respect. i mean the point is right in the title) and continue to show their lack of self esteem as their brains naturally resort to ideas that are negative or show weakness. These same dudes respond to some of my threads with laughing emoji's whihc really shows their insecurities as men. But at the end of the day, are these guys having success? I don't think so. If they did, they'd probably be a lot more fly and "respectable". The irony..

Last edited:

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
I think better than some of the bad examples I've used , a good way to sum up the point of this thread is: simply don't tolerate disrespect and learn to shut it down before it goes any further. This goes for a multitude of different situations and environments, including the workplace.

All these other spins people are trying to make and justify or resort to other weak ideas has nothing to do with the point of this thread.

Fact is most of you all and most people in general tolerate disrespect quite often without realizing it. it's the reason why a lot of you have posts on here whining about how a woman treated you or women's behavior in general. It's because you don't know how not to tolerate disrespect in the first place. I know I'm not referring to everyone in here when I say that, but those of you who can fit the shoe are wearing it.

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
These same dudes respond to some of my threads with laughing emoji's whihc really shows their insecurities as men.
Someone got their feelings hurt.......

@Paper Crane has anybody attacked you on a personal level in this thread? I don't think anybody has? Yet you are responding on the defensive and making personal attacks.

I think you are showing a little bit of emotional insecurity yourself ie your personal boundaries don't appear strong enough to withstand a few comments, different perspectives and angles on your op and thus you've gone on the defensive and projected your own insecurities here.....

I wasn't my intention to get you upset young man, but that was precisely my point: boundary issues.

Keep the chin up my boy! you are on the right path!

EDIT: By the way, I actually think you got some great contributions in this thread. It turned into a good discussion with good input. think about that and appreciate it instead of getting all bent out of shape because it didn't go exactly as you wished.

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
Someone got their feelings hurt.......

@Paper Crane has anybody attacked you on a personal level in this thread? I don't think anybody has? Yet you are responding on the defensive and making personal attacks.

I think you are showing a little bit of emotional insecurity yourself ie your personal boundaries don't appear strong enough to withstand a few comments, different perspectives and angles on your op and thus you've gone on the defensive and projected your own insecurities here.....

I wasn't my intention to get you upset young man, but that was precisely my point: boundary issues.

Keep the chin up my boy! you are on the right path!
Listen man, even the way you're talking shows a lot about your character. The irony of you trying to make underhanded comments, and not understanding the point of this topic and resorting to some weak ass ideas, posting some cringe video, shows your projecting a lot of weakness and lack respect. This clearly isn't the thread for you.

I don't know too much else about you or your personal life, but I can sense you have a long way to go..

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
This topic is not about how respect is earned but about not tolerating disrespect. You don't need to earn someone's respect to not tolerate disrespect from them. Furthermore, your point is a fallacy because by not tolerating disrespect, you can earn the respect of someone who thought of you as less. ie: Some thugs who try to mess with you, and you don't take it and don't back down.

But, I'm not here to argue semantics. If I need to explain that notion to you, you don't belong in this discussion. Maybe take the time to actually read what the post is about before trying to disagree and validate your ego.

If you don't know that there are peolpe out there who don't know what disrespect is and will disrespect you with or without knowing, regardless of how you carry yourself, you need to step outside the house more often. Infact, try going to some bars in south boston.

As for dudes like @Grinderman , they simply dont' get the point of this topic (It has nothing to do with demanding respect. i mean the point is right in the title) and continue to show their lack of self esteem as their brains naturally resort to ideas that are negative or show weakness. These same dudes respond to some of my threads with laughing emoji's whihc really shows their insecurities as men. But at the end of the day, are these guys having success? I don't think so. If they did, they'd probably be a lot more fly and "respectable". The irony..
Look at how you turned out, but you are not alone, almost everyone here is obsessed with disrespect, and they feel mightily insulted.

Look at how those mass shooters started out, it was from the perceived disrespect they got in life and felt so insulted.

They fell into the wrong path.

I'm certain everyone has encountered a man who elicits respect even if it's ur 1st time meeting him, even if he's a total stranger.

A man who has elegance that shrouds him like his own clothes, and that dignity can only be expressed by someone who has reached the pinnacle of his mind or way of life.

You will automatically sense an unexplainable giant force from that man.

This is the man who COMMANDS respect WITHOUT DEMANDING it.

Choose ur path carefully or rather more wisely.

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
Look at how you turned out, but you are not alone, almost everyone here is obsessed with disrespect, and they feel mightily insulted.

Look at how those mass shooters started out, it was from the perceived disrespect they got in life and felt so insulted.

They fell into the wrong path.

I'm certain everyone has encountered a man who elicits respect even if it's ur 1st time meeting him, even if he's a total stranger.

A man who has elegance that shrouds him like his own clothes, and that dignity can only be expressed by someone who has reached the pinnacle of his mind or way of life !

You will automatically sense an unexplainable giant force that man.

This is the man who COMMANDS respect WITHOUT DEMANDING it.

Choose ur path carefully or rather more wisely.
Please don't project your ideas on me like some of the other dudes on here. I believe a pivotal point of how I got to where I am today is due to me not tolerating disrespect, which is the point I am relaying here. I sense a lot of projecting and insecurity from people on here who didn't get it. But, that's the sigh that comes with dealing with people through the internet. Whic is why I offered people to get on a zoom call so we can cut the b.s and have some real discussions. But, a lot of dudes on here, are truly losers/pus.sies.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think better than some of the bad examples I've used , a good way to sum up the point of this thread is: simply don't tolerate disrespect and learn to shut it down before it goes any further. This goes for a multitude of different situations and environments, including the workplace.

All these other spins people are trying to make and justify or resort to other weak ideas has nothing to do with the point of this thread.

Fact is most of you all and most people in general tolerate disrespect quite often without realizing it. it's the reason why a lot of you have posts on here whining about how a woman treated you or women's behavior in general. It's because you don't know how not to tolerate disrespect in the first place. I know I'm not referring to everyone in here when I say that, but those of you who can fit the shoe are wearing it.
At 25 you've got it all figured out eh chief? ;)

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Your OP actually specifically states that the "more often you call out" disrespect the more you have a "rock solid" and "manly" personality. Calling someone out can be effective - but in very limited circumstances and it must be done in the right manner. If all you are doing is "calling out" people's behavior that you perceive to be disrespect, I think you will soon find you will be getting a reputation for being thin-skinned and emotional. Neither of these are "manly" qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.