Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do not Lose Hope. That which does not kill us makes us Stronger (The Road to Ithaca)

No1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not Lose Hope. That which does not kill us makes us Stronger

PLEASE READ: THIS POST MIGHT CHANGE YOU LIFE AND GIVE YOU HOPE
THAT MANY OF US ARE MISSING
==============================================

Over the years I have been wordering how lucky or unlucky I was in the 26 years of my life on earth as “myself”. I believe I have a great personality, I am handsome, have good health, I am well educated and highly intelligent, have a good job and many friends and relatives of mine have said to me that the woman who is going to be my future wife will be very lucky to find me.

However, sometimes life rewards us with great "curses" along with those great "blessings" since nature has a tendency to balance the forces within each and everyone of us.

There are many times I had lost hope to god saying that "What good will it be for me to be a good person and trying to be better when I have nobody to share this with". This is part of human nature, we want to HIDE our melancholies and SHARE our happiness with others. We need other people as much as they need us.

I had some relationships over the years which were not successful, I have had sex with women but I never “made love” to them. I have never experienced the close company of a woman to freely talk with about my problems and my melancholies, hug each other, cuddle, walk side by side with our hands on each others arms and I never said the word “I love you..”. But guess what…. IT IS those SIMPLE things in life that make life worth living for.

There were times I tried to “romantically” approach women out of "desperation" before but almost all of them turned into a vain. I was never willing to participate in “game-playing” and almost all of these women were removed from my life by cutting all contact by WALKING-AWAY. Fay, Nadine, Sophia…the only women I tried to get “romantically” involved with were quickly removed from my life, I never looked back after we separated. I always had the attitude…if they do not need me it’s their loss. And I believe it is. There is no turning back. As I grow older I start realizing that there are more things in life than stupid romances that lead nowhere.

However, every time I was always able to put myself back together, never look back and carry one foot in front of the other.
I just realized that all of my life I've been "alone". Many times I faced difficulties with no one to know. I would "look" into the houses in the coldest dark and I would "see" figures holding each other into the night. I always passed by. But I NEVER lost HOPE that something better was under-way, because hope will be gone when I am not anymore in this plane of existence.

About 10 years ago I read a poem from the famous Greek Poet Kavafis. This poem is called "Ithaca". It describes Ulysses long journey after the Trojan War to go back to his homeland Ithaca. I never paid any attention to the words in the poem until now. I recently read the poem and I was shocked that it resembles each and every one of us and our destination in life.

http://srs.dl.ac.uk/people/pantos/kavafis_ithaca.html

After reading this poem picture yourself 10 years from now. When you will be married to beautiful wife, having beautiful children. Then you will be remembering all those “dark” years of your youth when you were STRUGLING to become a better person in order to offer more to your future and when all the "Jerks" were having EVERYTHING laid in front of them. THEN see what has become of these "Jerks" and you WILL see that most of them will be divorced, alcoholic, overweight and total failures. After that SEE what has become of those women when that they were willing to “step all over” the "Good Guys" for their materialistic needs and "Bend Over" for the Jerks. TELL me how many of them will be divorced and single mothers with an unhappy life.

The “secret” of being successful has always carried within it a mystery. You must learn its riddle. You must learn its discipline. For no one….no one in this world can you trust…not men…not women…not friends. But only “yourself”.

And most important of all. Every time you were heartbroken rejected and in general stepped over by women WAS WORTH IT because it MADE YOU STRONGER, WISER more REAL with the TRUE meaning of life. And this because you are DESTINED for something BETTER than of what everybody else SEEMS to have. You are destined to find your own Ithaca.

....As you set out for Ithaca
hope your road is a long one,
full of adventure, full of discovery.
Laistrygonians, Cyclops,
angry Poseidon - don't be afraid of them:
you' ll never find things like that on your way
as long as you keep your thoughts raised high,
as long as a rare excitement
stirs your spirit and your body.
Laistrygonians, Cyclops,
wild Poseidon - you won't encounter them
unless you bring them along inside your soul,
unless your soul sets them up in front of you…..

.....Remeber those words...They might start changing you life as they have started changing mine

ThE SaCrEd ArMoR Of AnTiRiAd

Last edited:

Ragnar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an intriguing post and I had never read that poem before however the whole idea of life in my mind is to be the most productive individual that you can be. Love is secondary.

Have a major definite purpose and go after it with all that you have. If you happen to stumble upon someone along the way then it makes it even better.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YEAH!

Liked the post, as well as the poem. Good stuff! Keep it coming!

Blaaaaat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Something off - topic

But is the poem you are talking about the epic story "the Odyssee" from Homerus? Read the book, it's good.

gt95ab

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice Post... Are you sure your name isn't gt95ab?

The ethical DJ - gt95ab

-Boogerman-

Don Juan
Reaction score
BE HAPPY NOW!

Why wait ten years for happiness when you can obtain it now? I might not live in ten years, I might be dead and buried. I see no reason to set up a goal as in ten years I am allowed to be happy and live a ****ty life till then.

"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do."
Voltaire

The secret o being successful is to adopt to what will work in your current position, if it works to be a jerk, be one, if it works to be materialisticly successful, be so.

"Life is a theater; pick a good role."

Life does not give us equal amount of happiness and sorrow, it is only a myth that we believe, a self-fulfilling propecy. When we know that it is so, it will become so. Know that there will be happiness, and there shall be happiness.

I am glad that your life has changed to the better, I wish you all the luck now and in the future.

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: BE HAPPY NOW!

Originally posted by -Boogerman-
Life does not give us equal amount of happiness and sorrow, it is only a myth that we believe, a self-fulfilling propecy.
If this is true, then why is it that everything good in life requires struggle and sacrifice to achieve it ... and getting handed good stuff is empty and unsatisfying?

guitaronfire411

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is such a great thread. It deserves another look-over by my fellow DJs. I remember, way back in grade 9, sitting in my room while listening to music, "What the hell is wrong with me? I have the good looks, so why am I having problems with girls?"

The answer: I didn't have the strength back then to improve myself, and my above-average willpower was being wasted.

Take note.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
armor of antiriad?

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
armor of antiriad?

homi

Don Juan
Reaction score
well written post

i agree with ur main idea, and i think, we should strive for happiness TODAY, but if thats not possible, we must realize that there'll eventually be someone for all of us, and at that time our good nature will come in handy.

Skydiver43127

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If this is true, then why is it that everything good in life requires struggle and sacrifice to achieve it ... and getting handed good stuff is empty and unsatisfying?
Actually, exactly the opposite is true for me. :)

I know it's anoying for most people, but really that's the case. Life is not fair and that's something I like about it (really interesting thought I borrowed from David D).

Read some free stuff about Mayers-Briggs profiles here:
ww.geocities.com/lifexplore

Striving for goals/ Waiting for opportinities is really a matter of personal preference (Judging or Perceiving). If that helps you somehow, then sorry for making you feel empty and unsatisfied.