Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Do my friends not find me suitable for a relationship?

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
409
Reaction score
25
I've been going on dates recently with HB's on dating apps, but none have gone past a couple of dates. One of the primary culprits has been my hectic work schedule (which I've described previously on the forum) - it's not like the HB's know me that well, so the connection eventually dissolves. But with online dating being generally flaky in nature and my schedule not permitting me to go out very often, I've though about asking my friends if they know someone who would be a good match.

Except...I have done this, a while back. And it's always the same responses. "I have no single friends." "Maybe I'll bring it up at some point" (you know they never will)," or they will change the topic. I once mentioned to a friend at his housewarming party if he could help facilitate a date with a girl friend of his that I briefly met...he helped out another friend instead. Another instance, one of my other friends and his then-gf said she had no single friends...only for them to immediately plot a meetup with an acquaintance of ours and her friend.

I feel I'm a perfectly normal guy. I hold down a good job and am close to family. I'm not grotesque, nor do I possess any obvious red flags in my behavior. I've never experienced an ugly breakup, and I've never cheated. Is there a better way I can approach my friends about setting me up? I will of course continue to pursue HB's on my own, but help isn't a bad thing.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
1,203
Age
45
Hooking up on friends aquintance never been a goid things.. Things is why would they? You wouldbt give your most tastier cake to someone elses, and even if they did it wont be on your best interests.

If i were you i would build up my self, get better to improve myself, gain confidence, going to gym,build lean muscle, having a good time hang around by my self.. Movies, fine dine, having intectual reading and activities. At the meant time build up new quality friends circle, consisting of male and female at your workplace, hang out, be more socially open but made wiser choices to whom you will accept in your circle..

She will come for you after all of this done.

All the best mate.
 

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
Except...I have done this, a while back. And it's always the same responses. "I have no single friends." "Maybe I'll bring it up at some point" (you know they never will)," or they will change the topic. I once mentioned to a friend at his housewarming party if he could help facilitate a date with a girl friend of his that I briefly met...he helped out another friend instead. Another instance, one of my other friends and his then-gf said she had no single friends...only for them to immediately plot a meetup with an acquaintance of ours and her friend.
they don't like you that much so they have no interest in helping you

or they're salty jealous haters that are competing with you in their minds
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
they don't like you that much so they have no interest in helping you

or they're salty jealous haters that are competing with you in their minds
I just watched a vid on Brian Pumper the porn star talking about how fake porn actresses can be. He got put on some of their "not" lists as in do not work with him. He said they only did a few scenes and they went well. The issue was there was nothing wrong but the lady wanted to be the "star". So some JEALOUSY bullshyt. Embrace it. The make new circles with meetup is a great idea ill use myself! Now a whole bunch of bullshyt makes perfect sense.
 
Top