Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do muscles really help?

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've hit a brick wall. I have no problem getting average looking girls but pretty girls still do not give me the time of day. It is self evident to me that the guys pretty girls like are the handsome guys with the square jaws, prominent chins that generally look macho and dominant. In contrast, I have a baby face and while girls call me cute that does not seem to be what the really hot girls want.

I read a post by Pook claiming that adding 40-50lbs of muscle took him from dating fat girls to dating gym bunnies. Although he said he was nice looking to begin with in which case his bone structure was possibly already good and he just needed meat on those bones.

With me my bone structure is pretty crappy and doubt weightlifting would do much for my face. And I am not convinced girls care all that much about muscles per se. The guys I see with pretty girls are usually handsome rather than muscular.

What are guys' experiences?

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

soden

Don Juan
Reaction score
EternalBachelor said:
I've hit a brick wall. I have no problem getting average looking girls but pretty girls still do not give me the time of day. It is self evident to me that the guys pretty girls like are the handsome guys with the square jaws, prominent chins that generally look macho and dominant. In contrast, I have a baby face and while girls call me cute that does not seem to be what the really hot girls want.

I read a post by Pook claiming that adding 40-50lbs of muscle took him from dating fat girls to dating gym bunnies. Although he said he was nice looking to begin with in which case his bone structure was possibly already good and he just needed meat on those bones.

With me my bone structure is pretty crappy and doubt weightlifting would do much for my face. And I am not convinced girls care all that much about muscles per se. The guys I see with pretty girls are usually handsome rather than muscular.

What are guys' experiences?
You can just "highlight" your bone structur by losing weight. But maybe if you post a picture we might tell you if losing some weight will help you?

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely think muscles help. Women viscerally respond to big muscles. Since I have lost weight and gotten big arms and shoulders, both men and women treat me different. When I am in my fitting gym clothes, even young girls give me the once over. And I am not lean and ripped - I am big and brawny, more like a power lifter.

If you have a baby face, getting a more "manly" body will be a good offset. And as Mauser said, you'll FEEL better and more confident too.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Makes more of a difference in the bedroom than outside of it, for me anyway.
I agree with this. I was in bed with this chick and she's just like "Damn you are jacked!". Pretty nice ego boost lol.

I have sort of a baby face too, and I've never had an issue. I usually will never shave. Just leave some stubble, and it helps me not look 12. Plus getting leaner helps having a more manly face.

ColonelKilgore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
You can't really change your face.

You CAN change your body. Adding muscle, getting in shape WILL change your mind and mindset.

You will :
look better
feel better
be more confident
Come across as more confident, more attractive, more of a prize mentality.
Builds character/discipline

Try it and judge the results for yourself.
Agree with this completely. Bigger confidence is the main asset that you get with bulking up IMO.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. It matters as long as you don't overdo it. I just LOVE the looks on women's faces the first time they see me with my shirt off. You get a 6 pack and you are golden... trust me. That's usually all it takes to get their clothes off.

Lose the fat and get a toned body that works extremely well. But if you start building too much muscle they will think your gay. Make sure you work out your whole body. Too often guys ignore their legs and the end up looking like a top heavy rooster.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they help, but careful not to go overboard and become an obsessive gym rat for the sake of attracting women - you know, the guy who loses sight of the original goal and who finds himself spending nights in the gym when could be out getting new plates, instead now more concerned with how many plates he can bench press. I definitely endorse putting in work at the gym, but as far as picking up women goes, I still think guys ought to put the most emphasis on how they communicate with them, both verbal and non-verbal communication.

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No ****. A guy who is a 5/10 facially with a great body will have no problem banging hot women at all. A 5/10 guy with an average body is invisible to women.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should give weightlifting a try, you might like it. I found that it was very addicting, even though it's a lot of work. As long as you don't look at it as some sort of magic pill. From reading these forums, it's apparent to me that some guys get a great benefit with women from weightlifting, while others don't. A lot of it probably has to do with your face and your natural genetics and looks.

I never noticed a great deal of difference in the way that women treated me after I bulked up, but I like having the extra muscle. Makes me feel more manly, if you know what I mean. And I do think there is a subtle difference in the way women respond to me, even if it's not the day and night type of thing you often read about here.

Firedweller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most definitely. Even with a GF who claims she's not into the muscles and looks LOL. Watch her look at you and treat you differently when you lose the fat and become athletic looking. Nothing will make her crave you more than other girls glancing at your arms or starring at your chest.

And obviously that attracts other women too when you're single.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
So the OP is asking "Will being more of a man make me more of a man?"

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do muscles help? Absolutely. Took me 8 years to achieve the lean V taper body almost every guy wants. As for the face, well thats hard to change. Thankfully for me, Many Women always comment on my face, My body is the cherry on top lol.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Firedweller said:
Most definitely. Even with a GF who claims she's not into the muscles and looks LOL. Watch her look at you and treat you differently when you lose the fat and become athletic looking.
I was never fat, I was very well conditioned and in great shape before I started lifting. I just wasn't that muscular, other than what I was naturally. It may be that if you start out fat and then get into great shape that makes a big difference in the way that women perceive you. For myself though, I never noticed a huge difference.

In fact, I can't think of any one thing that made a large difference in the way that women responded to me. Rather, it is a bunch of little things added together.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't read any of the other posts above so in case I repeat something, you know why.

Did you REALLY just ask that? It makes a helluva difference. Not every guy is ripped as sh!t so when you are, it looks really good for ya. Looks really DO count. I personally may not have great bone structure either (my joints are rather large. I don't have a lot of fat on my body but I still got thicker ankles than a 275 meat head that I know), but I am ripped to all hell. I take off my shirt and the eyes turn. That confidence just goes WAY up there. You have more testosterone in you so don't care as much about what other people think of you. It DOES help.

Go to a gym. Get stringer. Look better. And FEEL better too.

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing you need to change is your mindset.

You go to the gym for yourself, not because of any girl. when you do that you are weak and waiting for approval from others.

You look better for yourself, you dress good for yourself. be great for yourself. when you will do that the change will appear to others.

Joe.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
EternalBachelor said:
I have no problem getting average looking girls but pretty girls still do not give me the time of day. It is self evident to me that the guys pretty girls like are the handsome guys with the square jaws, prominent chins that generally look macho and dominant. In contrast, I have a baby face and while girls call me cute that does not seem to be what the really hot girls want.

If you are not convinced girls care about muscles, and all you see is pretty girls with handsome guys rather than muscular, don't get muscular.

Just make yourself more handsome, you will be good to go. :up:

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
So the OP is asking "Will being more of a man make me more of a man?"
Ding ding ding!

40% of the reasons why I work out now is to look good (vanity), and the other 60% is to make myself stronger. I am doing my best mentally to shift this ratio to 0:100%. Workout so you can be stronger. So you can climb higher stairs, climb more mountains, lift heavier things without breaking your back, run faster and longer, and kick more asses.

That's what Bruce Lee did, and look what it did to him. Arnold and Terry Crews have also preached similar wisdom. These stars workout not because it will get them chicks. They do because they love it.

Amilz

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as having a square jaw that isn't just genetics. When you tone up and build lean muscle mass the skin around your jaw will tighten and look more square. I got in really good shape on a couple of occasions and I noticed a huge difference in the attention I got from girls.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
captain55 said:
A 5/10 guy with an average body is invisible to women.
That thing right there is why I no longer seek or expect approval from women. I don't know why I had this mentality when I was younger, and I would be happy if someone could explain that to me. Maybe I was just dazzled by attractive women? For me there is a lot I can't change, and coping with what you can't change for me was a psychological and emotional struggle.

meech

Reaction score
Here's the deal with muscles

Working out is fun, good for you and very good results are easy to achieve sticking to some very basic principles (high protein diet, limit sugar, cut back on carbs, lift heavy = good to go)

Will it get you laid/women? I've been laid exclusively because I was muscular. Its gotten me female attention doing almost nothing. It is literally almost always a positive. Even the girls who claim they dont like "muscly guys" (usually BS) will not turn you down just for being muscular

Some women love it. Some don't care. Do it for yourself and align with how you want to look.

But the short answer to your question is yes, it will generally enhance you to women