Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do muscles really help you get girls?

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading a Pook post where he adds thirty pounds of muscle and goes from dating average looking girls to dating hotties. OK it is a nice story and Pook is prone to exaggeration and embellishment. But from what I gather he was good looking to begin with and it was being underweight that was his problem.

I'm in reasonable shape already but my face is very average and boyish. I've attached a photo to give you an idea.

I get girls but it is a fairly exhausting process as more often than not I fail the physical getting shot down before I can demonstrate my personality. This is especially true on online dating where I can email 100s of cute girls and only get a couple replies.

Do you reckon adding 20-30lbs of muscle would really enhance my pulling power?

Or is it more likely that the pretty girls who are willing to date an average looking guy probably aren't shallow in the first place so the amount of muscle I have will make little difference.

Also would I look ridiculous with a beefcake body considering I have a soft boyish face without the square jaw usually associated with musclebound hunks?

http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i335/viking2470/?action=view&current=P1010391.jpg

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went from 180lbs at 21% body fat to 180lbs at 13% body fat. I also went from 0 fvck buddies, to 4 fvck buddies in that time. I'm not attributing all of it to physical looks, but it's gotta be a decent part of it.

It will also help with confidence. Plus, it's healthy for you, which is the most important aspect.

EDIT: You don't need to become huge. No reason to worry about your face. And you will get more of a square jaw by working out.

U

user43770

Yes, you should start working out. Like Pdubb said, it will help you in several aspects of your life. Let me also jump on the bandwagon and say that you should shave your head. Like you, I have a receding hairline, and I found shaving it all off to be quite liberating.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my personal experience I've found that being muscular definitely helps, especially when toned too. I noticed that I also pull much hotter women since getting in shape, dance instructors, fitness models and alike.

I also notice that the women that go for me are submissive in the bedroom and like a strong and dominant man. However, once you start bulking up, you will notice a testosterone boost that will make you feel more bold and dominant.

It's so weird to think when I first came to this site I was a metrosexual nice guy. I was also a wimp who shyed away from physical contact, feared confrontation and got walked over. Now I'm working as a doorman part time, banging and dominating women, and gain a lot more respect.

I documented my personal experiences with bodybuilding and women in this thread and there are some very good replies there too...

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61926

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also would I look ridiculous with a beefcake body considering I have a soft boyish face without the square jaw usually associated with musclebound hunks?
Your face will change as you drop weight and gain muscle.Both as a result of increased testosterone and the weightloss from your face. You will develop more of a square jawline. And be sure to work your neck. It makes a big difference!

If you get chance, I highly recommend a documentary called "I want to look like that guy". It's incredibly motivational and you will see how working out changes the film maker's features.

Once you get in shape, shave your head and grow some stubble, you could end up having the Jason Statham thing going on. Seriously, you'll be surprised.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who directed that documentary Jariel it sounds good!

Does the face really change because of weightlifting aside from the effect of just stripping fat? I'm pretty sure that the bones fuse by 21 and it is only during puberty that testosterone masculinizes the face.

I'll check out the thread u mentioned.

And yeah I'll get on the tan and shaving my head

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been working out and also laying out by the pool all Summer....so I'm very tanned and ripped right now. It feels great and I always get alot of compliments when I strip down.
To piggyback what Fuglydude says, there really is a small percentage of guys walking around out there who are in elite shape....even less so in my age demographic.
+1 on trying to go for the Jason Statham look with the stubble. There are soooooooooooooooo many guys with the shaved head look that go for the goatee. I think that the stubble look will set you apart (not to mention I think it will look better on you as well ).
Get some skin color too............

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matt Rogers said:
Who directed that documentary Jariel it sounds good!

Does the face really change because of weightlifting aside from the effect of just stripping fat? I'm pretty sure that the bones fuse by 21 and it is only during puberty that testosterone masculinizes the face.

I'll check out the thread u mentioned.

And yeah I'll get on the tan and shaving my head
This is a trailer for that documentary. It's for sale on his website, but there are other ways of getting it if you catch my drift. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuygZX3HKSQ

What I like about it is that it gives you realistic expectations.

The bones in your face won't change, but you have muscles around your jaw, which have a bigger impact on your facial features than you might think, plus the loss of bodyfat will also give you more of a chiselled look too.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matt Rogers said:
Do you reckon adding 20-30lbs of muscle would really enhance my pulling power?
YES.

People see you in a different light when you are muscular. Even if you just look muscular in a t-shirt you will get treated differently. Keep in mind achieving a level of muscularity that will turn heads is going to take time, as in years. The good news is that as a newbie to weight training you can generate some really tangible results in 6 months that will give you the motivation to make it a long-term pursuit.

I agree with the others about shaving your head since you are starting to bald. Tanning really does help, even if once a week. There are tons of threads here and stuff in the H&F vault that can get you started with a lifting program. You have to be consistent though, that's where 90% of people fail.

Here's a few pics a of me from august of 2010 and august of this year. As you can see I was markedly bigger last year (about 245), and this year I'm about 230, and maybe a little less fat. Also note my white-as$ legs, lol.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k627/MZM12/

I'm no bodybuilder, I have a strength background. But, I wasnt much bigger than you when I started training. So it is possible, it just takes time and dedication. There are no magic programs, meals, pills, or shortcuts. And yes I absolutely get more attention from women now than when I was 160 lbs.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Research has proven two tangible physical traits to be attractive. One is symmetry, which you can't do much about. Models, actresses, and other beautiful people all have very symmetrical faces.

The other trait is much more easy to achieve, at least for men, and that is the size ratio of your chest to your waist. We look for the same thing in women, and other research has shown that the chest:waist ratio is one of the best predictors of overall health.

So you can either drop 20 pounds from your gut, or add 20 pounds to your chest and arms, and your attractiveness will go up either way, because it's all about the ratio.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was about 16 I cought a bad case of pneumonia and got all skinny. Being totally grossed out by my appearance I started working out. Didnt have a job so I could go up to twice a day, I did this for three years. I have to say it is the absolute best thing I ever did for myself. My body simply took that athletic shape. I have had to do very little to keep it going. My gut my grow and shrink but everything else stays pretty much the same. Point is that I firmly believe that EVERY man needs to go through a stage like this. You don't know how good it feels for a girl to compliment your big arms man, just do it and dont look back bro!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
YES.

People see you in a different light when you are muscular. Even if you just look muscular in a t-shirt you will get treated differently. Keep in mind achieving a level of muscularity that will turn heads is going to take time, as in years. The good news is that as a newbie to weight training you can generate some really tangible results in 6 months that will give you the motivation to make it a long-term pursuit.

I agree with the others about shaving your head since you are starting to bald. Tanning really does help, even if once a week. There are tons of threads here and stuff in the H&F vault that can get you started with a lifting program. You have to be consistent though, that's where 90% of people fail.

Here's a few pics a of me from august of 2010 and august of this year. As you can see I was markedly bigger last year (about 245), and this year I'm about 230, and maybe a little less fat. Also note my white-as$ legs, lol.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k627/MZM12/

I'm no bodybuilder, I have a strength background. But, I wasnt much bigger than you when I started training. So it is possible, it just takes time and dedication. There are no magic programs, meals, pills, or shortcuts. And yes I absolutely get more attention from women now than when I was 160 lbs.
Crazy traps and upper back man! Lookin good!

In my experience being in elite shape (top 5% of the population) is a sure fire way to INSTANTLY attract women... If you can couple elite shape w/ hypermasculine confidence, sexuality w/ social status you'll have girls lining up to orally service you!

In my experience girls like muscle, but always remember to try and get as lean as you can and still carry a good amount of muscle. You'll look a lot more muscular if you're lean. When I was 165 and lean everyone thought I was 185-190.

Being lean will also make you jaw/cheek bones more prominent, which are attractive features. I've been shaving my head for years even though I have a full head of hair... Its great/low maintainance but can be cold during the winter! I'd definitely suggest shaving your head and aiming to get into elite shape.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude: I've seen your pics and you are really lean mate. Very impressive. Do you find that maintaining low bodyfat affects your mood or makes you feel less bold?

I always find when I'm bulking I feel like a beast and anything in my path I want to break, eat or fvck. It's a great feeling, but when I drop to low bodyfat levels I lose my bold mindset and my sex drive drops too. I look so much better when I'm lean, but I really wish I could get that same mental state I have when I'm bulking.

EvilAgenda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Fuglydude: I've seen your pics and you are really lean mate. Very impressive. Do you find that maintaining low bodyfat affects your mood or makes you feel less bold?

I always find when I'm bulking I feel like a beast and anything in my path I want to break, eat or fvck. It's a great feeling, but when I drop to low bodyfat levels I lose my bold mindset and my sex drive drops too. I look so much better when I'm lean, but I really wish I could get that same mental state I have when I'm bulking.
Haha! Love the comment about wanting to break, eat or phuck everything in your path! That would be an awesome thing to say to a girl at a club! I'm gonna eat you, then phuck you til you break :rockon:

I'm not that lean any more man... I'm currently bulking for a show next year, so my bf% is up in the 12-13% range... bye bye 6 pack :( Even when I was lean, I actually didn't feel bad at all... Felt explosive and strong and had a decent strength:weight ratio... at one point I was deadlifting 200 kg (440 lbs) at a body of around 75 kg (165). I was also more confident with my body being leaner and more aesthetically appealing. Sex drive didn't really suffer at all, except when I was coming off cycle.

I did have a little anabolic help at the time, but a pretty modest dose: 300-400 mg of stuff a week, mostly test:tren in a 2:1 ratio. I found that it really helped me to have that hard veiny look. I could maintain around 10% even when I was off gear, but I didn't look as hard or vascular.

If you're feeling down when you're cutting it could simply mean that you're not taking in enough carbs or over-exerting yourself by doing too much cardio/strength work based on your caloric intake.

EvilAgenda, I agree with you generally, but remember it depends on the girl. My wife says Ryan Reynolds is "too girl and too pretty" as is the werewolf dude, whatever his name is... she's a big fan of the rock however...

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it TOTALLY depends on the girl. The take-home message is to look how you want to look. I honestly dont think my gf would care if I was 175 lbs and didnt even lift, as long as I wasnt totally out of shape. On the other hand some girls at my gym only go after the roided-to-the-gills bodybuilder look. They are more of an outlier group, however. Most girls I have known like middle-ground: muscular but not "excessively" so (whatever that means :rolleyes: ).

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
Well dude you have to think, once you lose some fat and gain some muscle your face will not be as round as it is not which is going to take away some of that boyish look.

greatgatsby

Don Juan
Reaction score
what i have found is that by being ripped/cut (and wearing the types of clothes that will compliment this physique) will definitely garner you attention from the ladies. you have to remember - being shredded will automatically differentiate you from the majority of men that you see walking around. seriously, look around you the next time you're out and about and witness all of the out of shape males you see around you.

i get comments alot when i'm out in public and am wearing fitted t's and fitted polos. and if i'm not getting compliments, i'm getting eye-f*cked!

being in shape should also bring with it added confidence! when i'm out and looking and feeling good, i KNOW i'm the sh*t and act as such w/o being too arrogant or ****y. this is what being in stellar shape will bring forth in the individual!

so, get right and reap the rewards!

greatgatsby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
Agreed. Being shredded is probably better than being bulky its just far more difficult to find clothes that complement that physique. Women in clubs can immediately spot big guys. If you're just shredded its a bit more difficult. Its not as if you can take your shirt off and pour baby oil over yourself.
totally agree with you! being shredded does make it difficult to get noticed for muscularity/athleticism if you're not wearing the correct/complimentary clothing.

this why i'm beginning to revamp my wardrobe and have even started going as far as getting all of my "balloon/tent" button-down shirts tailored to fit my v-tapered shoulders/back and waist. with my t-shirts i'm in there! however, we're moving into the fall and winter and i need to adapt. i guess the good thing for me is that during fall/winter i bulk and put on some mass so i will tend to fill out the clothes i don't get tailored.

oh, don't forget that the v-neck / t-shirt summer equivalent for fall/winter is the fitted thermal shirt (gap has the right fit)... black, grey, or white that hugs your body correctly will get you pulling out the mops and towels for the ladies.