Do I next?

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually, if you have to ask this question the answer is yes:

Here's the situation:

Been hangin out with some girl 2 years younger than me. We go party or she comes over and we 'watch' TV.

So I decide its time to see if we have more of a spark.
Hadn't seen her in a few weeks and she calls so I call back and suggest we go do something Saturday.

We get ice cream and are hanging out. I'm thinking she is gonna come over and we are going to hang out more...but her friend calls her cell phone and needs a ride to a place an hour away.

This is at 10 at night. Instead of consulting with me or even just the curteousy to talk to me about it, she tells her friend,....im on my way home. Umm, that was news to me.

I understand if there is an emergency situation. But, she gave no real reason why this girl needed a ride, and didnt say that she was hangin out with me.

This was a time for me to see how i felt about her. That was the point of this..to see if it was more than just a casual hook-up.

So, when im dropping her off she can sense im upset. She says if she doesnt go she'll come over later....Im not option B....we were already in the middle of hanging out.

So I said to myself if she steps out of the car...I wont see her again. I didnt want to tell her this and I dont want to guilt her into hanging out. It was her decision and she made it.

SHe sort of sealed the deal herself by acting like this.

Im not just around for her convienence.

Today she called, left a message, saying that she wanted to chat about things and that i should call as soon as i get the message.

I thought about not ever speaking to her again.
Should I call back?

ali_g

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, kissing is a good idea if you haven't tried it yet. I think you're letting yourself get a little unsettled by this. Sure it's annoying when this sort of thing happens, but maybe she just can't say no to helping a good friend of hers. Doesn't necessarily have any semblance on her feelings for you.

Keep your cool here. Don't obsess over whether you'll see her again or not. You shouldn't get upset about it, but you should still call her on it. Give her the impression you're not going to put up with it on a regular basis.

This is what I would do; don't call her back STRAIGHT AWAY. Instead of ringing when she wants, ring her 2-4 days later.

When it comes to NEXTing, don't follow the rules like a robot, go with your gut feeling. If it tells you you're just a stooge to her who she doesn't respect then sure Next her, but if there's something between you two then this scenario could be one of many ****tests that she throws at you.

Mr.Fortesque

Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't call her, wait until she calls again, if she doesn't then next her.
BTW:Who want to chat with U? If she wants to chat with you so badly, she will call again ;)

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I wouldn't let that slide. Sounds like what you probably did is just get real quiet and sulk.

That's not the way a man handles it when he gets upset.

I mean, did she try to hurry you out of there after that? If she's going to be offering rides to people when she's indisposed and not even where she can get to her car, then she needs to either provide YOU with a damned good reason or she needs to wait until YOU feel that it's convenient to take her home.

I'm sure you can think of a clever or courteous way to say this.

If she doesn't try to rush you out of the place, I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

You have to wonder, though, if it's a set-up. You know, the old run to the bathroom, call her friend and be like, "I need to get off this date...call me and tell me you have some place to go." Although I doubt that's what it is.

Either way, don't just clam up and sulk and take it on the chin and then expect her to come crawling to you after she knows she can push you around.