Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Do I look fat in this"?

sosumba

Don Juan
Reaction score
So she tells you
"Do I look fat in this?"

What is the strategy to answer here? I wouldn't want to give anyone a free compliment like "nah babe you look great" and besides, what if it didnt hurt for her to loose a bit of weight?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So she tells you
"Do I look fat in this?"

What is the strategy to answer here? I wouldn't want to give anyone a free compliment like "nah babe you look great" and besides, what if it didnt hurt for her to loose a bit of weight?
Indirectly.

“It doesn’t show off your figure as well as that red dress you like.”

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell her what you think.

Imo questions and efforts about how to obsequiously "appease" women like this are pathetic and precisely the kind of weak mindset that makes women lose respect for men, which is the real answer I would take out of this thread.

It takes courage to be honest when you consider it a risk to be so, while cowardice is the craven unwillingness to stand for yourself. Women respect strength and despise weakness.

Last edited:

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes you've to be smart and choose your battles for your own sanity when interacting with a woman longer term. Just as you choose which arguments to ignore and in which ones to make your stand so to speak.
Any comment that could be perceived as negative about her dress and i'll promise you, you'll hear her talk about that for the next few months to years. Hardly worth it. Again, we're fundamentally different. As a man you appreciate and expect an honest answer when you ask a question, it's ingrained in you as your best chance of survival in the tribe. Women don't want to hear the truth, they just want to hear what makes them feel good. Big difference.

Most of the time their questions are just noise. They run around anxious 24/7 and want to feel sexy for you, so when she does put in the effort giving her your validation is just a smart way to reinforce more of that behavior.
I'd never encourage saying that she looks great when i don't think so though, in this case a covert comment like EyeBRollin suggested is the way to go and then deal with the overweight problem later on by encouraging her to join me in the gym because i find her sooo sexy dripping in sweat.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its the oldest trap ever the ol` "do I look fat?" question....say yes your`re a ****,say no,your a liar. We cant win! Replying "your fine as you are dear" is the safest but also extremely lame as attackformation argues above.... "Heres a reply to consider "does this dress make me look fat?" "Yes,but to be fair,its a small bathroom" :p

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell her what you think.

Imo questions and efforts about how to obsequiously "appease" women like this are pathetic and precisely the kind of weak mindset that makes women lose respect for men, which is the real answer I would take out of this thread.

It takes courage to be honest when you consider it a risk to be so, while cowardice is the craven unwillingness to stand for yourself. Women respect strength and despise weakness.
I agree and would like to add, as counterproductive or damaging it may seem, I believe starting out this way is the best course for a LTR. For the guys that were already in LTR's and not being used to being upfront or direct about things, I'm afraid it's difficult or next to impossible to revert to this.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t lie.. If someone asks my opinion they are getting my opinion. I have never had any female get pissed if I told them they looked bad or something made them look heavy. I would want someone to tell me if I looked ridiculous.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t lie.. If someone asks my opinion they are getting my opinion. I have never had any female get pissed if I told them they looked bad or something made them look heavy. I would want someone to tell me if I looked ridiculous.
i dont lie either but i dont have the time or energy fo deal the the potential **** that comes with a truthful answer.

So i would side step making her know that i know its a trap.

- Dont be silly

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm.. "Let's compare how you look with it off, I can help you with checking that."
This is from one of the red pill books. I just modified it some. The idea is that she is really asking if you think she is sexy and at the same time feeling bad that you might not be as attracted to her. It is a no-win question(double bind), so just tell her that you're still very interested in her and find her sexy thus avoiding the trap.

Reaction score
That's one of those no-win **** tests women like to torture men with. Tell the ***** she looks fat in everything because she is fat.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As an older guy I kinda like more the old agree and amplify.

Q: "does this make me look fat"?

A: "hell yeah it does I tought you were a pro wrestler"

Stupid questions get stupid answers.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit that I always thought this was just urban legend that women ask "Does this make me look fat?" because I've personally never been asked that nor do I know any guy that's been asked that.

Most of the women I've dealt with are hyper sensitive about their looks. If they even minutely suspect that an outfit looks unflattering on them they'd immediately change into an outfit that's a little more forgiving (bigger size jeans or dress)....

Women are insecure, they wouldn't ask a question like "Do this make me look fat?" because they might get a response that could potentially wound their sense of self-worth....

I'm sure women ask their girlfriends about their outfit/hair/nails etc but I've never known any woman that asks a man those things....