Do i even have a chance?

GSSH

Reaction score
i'm pretty much an AFC. anyways, to the point, i was tired of just waiting around and all that bs, so this real hot chick in one of my classes. i promised i'd just go up to her and ask her out, just to see what the hell would happen, i didnt want to let this one just be eyecandy for the semester, i was gonna try and 1-shot her. anyways i grab my balls and ask her out. this is exactly how it goes.

me: "hey i was wondering if you wanted to go grab a cup of coffee or st.."

her: "oh i cant right now i have to go work"

but as she says that i finish my sentence.. i finish .. "study sometime?"

her: "oh some other time? yeah sure! what's your MSN?"

ok here is where i get blown away. i was unprepared. i was supposed to asking her for her number and MSN, *I* was supposed to be asking the questions. threw it right in my face

anwyasy i write down my msn and number, as i write this, she asks me how many classes im taking, what program im in.. and anyways yeah small talk ****. i give her the peice of paper and she asks for my name, i introduce myself and i ask for her name, she introduces herself.

now, since i was unprepared for this whole asking me questions thing, i totally forgot to ****in ask for her number/MSN. anyways, i say "so ill talk to you later then?"
she says "alright!" and i say bye and whatever. we go off our ways.

now, a little bit more about me. ive never asked a girl out straight up like that. she's probably WAY out of my league, shes ****in hot. i have no idea what HB stands for. but im guessin its a 1-10 scale thing. i'd give her a ****in 10. she's a hot blonde. anyways, im chinese, if that matters at all, and most of the girls ive talked to and asked out were also asian and well, not so hot and more in my league. so i was pretty much winging this. well, yeah, she threw it right in my face and walked off with more info than she needed, i walked off with just her name. i was too .. uhh "stunned" to remember to even ask for her contact info.

anyways, you guys think she'll even attempt to contact me? she seemed really nice and sincere (i've talked to her once before this incident), and im sure i didnt come off as a quiet shy guy. im sure i presented myself pretty well, other than the fact that i forgot to ask for her info.

she probably threw that peice of paper in the trash as soon as i was out of sight didnt she? hah

edit: oh i wont be totally crushed if she doesnt add me or whatever, i know she's totally out of my league, but i was just wondering if she doesnt add me. why? if she adds me that's a bonus, if not, i've gained a lotta experience doing this, it's upped my confidence a lot more, hot girls arnt that scary, they're just like everyone else.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
who cares if she calls or not.

you learned a valuable lesson in all this.... YOU WON'T DIE FROM APPROACHING A WOMAN.

even if you get rejected, they are usually polite about it.

so who cares if she accepts or not. if you keep approaching hot chics you'll eventually start landing them.

good for you mustering up the courage to make a move on her.

the only advice i'd give you is that if she starts to make small talk that you engage in that small talk. all you really gotta do to get a woman's interest level up as high as it will go is to make her laugh and feel comfortable around you.

now, that doesnt guarantee she will go out with you. but if she finds your looks passable by her standards, and you make her laugh,then you're in.

J

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GSSH
i'm pretty much an AFC.
I read you post ......... oh boy ! The best advice for you is to go read the DJ Bible.

Qmanchoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work on grabbing yoru balls and making it happen man. :up:

btw. I used to use the "study at the coffee shop" line all the time in college.

Anyway...

You have a long way to go with your attitude man I mean listen to yourself, SHES JUST A GIRL AND YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HER.

Maybe she's an AFC chick? You don't know. Closet head case? crazy? You don't know these things yet.

Way out of your league?
Tossed your information out?

If she doesn't contact you that's a great reason for you to bust her balls. "I know I'm pretty cool and intimidating, and you think I'm hot just walking up to you like this, but I thought I'd give you another chance to hang out...ect" all with a joking smirk on your face...

Now, that's just my style but...

You get the vibe man? that's where you have to be coming from attitude wise and then EVERY girl is "in your league"

My advice? Make it your goal to just TALK to not ASK OUT 10 girls a day...just talk man, you'll get more familiar with standard social interractions like this.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
First off, excellent job on the approach. You've overcome the single biggest problems AFC's have. They have this fear that the world is going to end if he gets rejected.

Although you never got her #, she asked for your info w/out prompting from you, that is always a good sign.

Secondly, STOP worrying about her being out of your league. You need to improve your self esteem.

She doesn't know that she is out of your league. As far as SHE knows, you are this great confident guy who sees what he wants and goes after it. Women like that. Thats why the 3 second rule is great, you don't talk yourself out of it and shaazham you end up w/ #'s.

Keep it up, now go read the bible to learn more.

GSSH

Reaction score
so... haha the question still remains unanswered... do i have a chance? if not.. why?

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you have a chance. The fact is, you won't know for sure until she contacts you (or otherwise)..a lot of a woman's attraction for a man comes from his personality, not from his looks/height/etc...its likely she wants to size you up and get to know you before she decides if she likes you.

read the DJ bible, don't act in a needy way..and you could be in there... strike that...you will be in there and she's be lucky to go out with a don juan like yourself!

If she doesn't contact you, the best course of action is to let her know you don't tolerate that kind of crap..and make fun of her for her flakey behavoir (not in a nasty way).

good luck.

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed, a couple of very important things have been touched on here. One is that there is no such thing as "out of my league". Every woman is in your league; it's about being confident in who you are. It's a mindset you need to adopt. The other is a lesson you've already taken a step towards learning, and thats what Jokerr31 said...you won't die from approaching a woman!

From what you've said, sounds like she's probably interested in finding out more about you. After all, if this girl is as hot as you say she is, then she is no doubt practiced in turning guys away, but she asked you for your information. If she hasn't contacted you by the next time you see her, don't be afraid to tease her a bit about it.

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha yeah like the guy above me said, you can try teasing her about it too...maybe something like:

you: "Hey how come you didn't message/call me the other day?"
girl: "Oh..I was busy."
you: "Ha! I smell BS."
you: "I know, I guess I'm too much man for you."

or smoething like that. i tried something similar to that and i got a girl laughing for a bit.

NOW, as for your mindset about the whole "not in her league" nonsense.

She's only "out of your league" if you have a crappy attitude towards hot women! Now, if she was the queen of 5 countries, has enough money to buy you to your last piece of skin, owns half the world, and people create a religion based on her and worship her, then she's out of your league.

but in reality, she doesn't have that kind of status does she?

She's human pal. Whether shes a HB1 or HB10, theyre both human, and there's no need for you to put a girl (especially hot ones) on a pedastal and worship her! I say continue to use things like ****y and funny, kino, etc etc etc. If you've yet to learn about those stuff, try sosuave.com or the "bible."

...but most of all, no matter how hot the girl is, maintain your composure and confidence.

Leah

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're chinese and you said study some time, she's blonde. She probably thinks you're super smart and can help her learn. Most likely she'll LJBF you.

GSSH

Reaction score
Originally posted by Leah
You're chinese and you said study some time, she's blonde. She probably thinks you're super smart and can help her learn. Most likely she'll LJBF you.
LJBF? what do all these terms mean? the glossary of terms in the DJ bible doesnt work.. well there's nothing there..
whats HB? would HB1 be an ugly chick? or is she just a hot girl thats 1/10? heh

im pretty confused here.

nah, this is a math (statistics) class, im anything but your typical chinese guy. im sure she's doing better than me (and not just cuz im putting her above me). it's cuz i REALLY suck at math (yeah i know, ironic, chinese, and ****ty at math? not possible!). if anything i'd be asking her for help.

well im from vancouver, canada. it's like, a lotta chinese here, especially at my university. vancouver is pretty diverse, it's basically made up of ethnic minorities. heh white folks are almost the minority here :p, there's not much stereotyping here. i don't dress honger like, nor am i a honger. infact i dont even look full chinese. i was born and raised here, im pretty much a lost chinese guy. too chinese to be hanging out with the caucasians, too white to be hanging out with the chinese. my friends are all minority races but raised here, with a few white guys, but they're basically chinese (heh). so i don tknow if that's a factor. i DO know that there are lot more white male/asian female couples than there are asian male/white female couples. though im starting to see those A LOT more. especially with the younger generations (like 19 years and below).

anyways thanks for the replies so far, they've helped a lot.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, an HB1 would be an ugly chick (also known as a 'UG' - ugly girl).

LJBF stands for "let's just be friends". fast seduction.com defines it as "a slammer statement uttered by women which essentially closes the door on any chance of you ever sleeping with her."

.....basically, an LJBF is what you get when a women want's to let you know that she has no romantic interest.

I think what Leah was saying is that some girls will string you along for their own benefit, with no intention of ever letting you get anywhere with them. Don't let women use you like this.

Most of the DJ terminology is explained here:

http://www.fastseduction.com/acronyms.shtml

Last edited: