Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do girls that smoke pot make bad wife/LTR material?

Status
Not open for further replies.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any opinions? Is it one of those things that you would say 9/10 times yes, she is off. Or am I off base here.

I dont smoke personally, but i've been around it basically my whole life growing up, friends, friends of friends, blah blah.. so im
not coming at this from some pure, sheltered, or moral standpoint.

just wondering..

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It shows that she seek physical pleasure despite the potential risks and the law prohibition.

You can read that in two possible way:

1)she doesnt behave like a sheep who does what he is told therefore she has personality.

2)she will seek short term pleasure despite the conseguences and costs more easily than other people.

I would pick a girl like example 1 as a girlfriend and as example 2 as a wife.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you planning on having kids with her?

I stopped smoking whenever I had my daughter in the house. Since she lives with me now I've stopped completely. Don't think you should be smoking weed if you have kids. Or getting drunk for that matter.

If you want to get married and not have kids then yes she is the right material. People who smoke weed tend to be more laid back and less conflict-happy which is great for any relationship.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my wife and i tote.. once in a blue moon, maybe if we have some friends over.. okay lol once in a full moon. but not every day or anything.. maybe once every other weekend.. we dont' go looking for it but if we have some people over someone has some weed and if my kid is not here it's game time.

if it's one of those things where it's a once in a while things i don't see the big deal. some people like pills some like beer some like weed it's allt he same to me. but if it's a daily routine. that's a problem

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
interesting replys, there is also a shadiness factor in that since you can't go to the convienence store to pick some up, like beer, you are always dealing with shady people and being that is ok with her.. well, doesn't that say something about her, that she is sort of grimy?

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
but if it's a daily routine. that's a problem
yeah, i think thats my basic take, if its there (friends, party, etc..) fine, but if you're actively getting it every week like you NEED it, well.. she's probably not well.

Findog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think like most things there is nothing wrong with pot if done in moderation. If she's a pothead, steer clear. If she's somebody that enjoys an occasional toke, I don't see how that's any different from a glass of wine or whatever...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
st_99 said:
interesting replys, there is also a shadiness factor in that since you can't go to the convienence store to pick some up, like beer, you are always dealing with shady people and being that is ok with her.. well, doesn't that say something about her, that she is sort of grimy?
humm.. i must say this is a valid point that i did not think about.

well, yeah and no. from my experience, weed guys/dealers really are just weed guys. I mean, what i am trying to say is, i can get weed from the guy i get my coke from i know he has some or at worst knows where to get it, but rarely do/will you find a weed guy that has coke. weed guys are kinda like the kid with the life rafter on in the 10 foot swimming pool.. they wanna play but they really don't lol. it's a risk, but then again it isn't. if that makes sense. the vast majority of weed guys just want to sale enough weed so they can get theirs for free. maybe have a few extra dollars out of it. they aren't hard core dealers, they are dime/nickle bag guys lol we aren't talking about marlo stanfield here or anything.

a few ofm y wife's friends just likes weed. they get the stuff from the weed guy, they have 2 or 3 and i have seen them and i assure you they aren't selling anything other than weed no chance in hell.

i remember my old coke dealer used to actually sit in my living room and try to chase down his weed guy so he can get his weed lol. he didnt' have any. every other drug just about, but not weed.

people say weed is a gateway drug. lol it really isn't. i don't even consider weed guys to be drug dealers.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats what i've noticed also, is that most weed dealers are just kind of dudes with no real life, good guys, probably play guitar or something, maybe dropped out of college, something like that..

i don't even really know why i brought up this topic. I think its because everytime I meet a cute girl, and think she has a kick ass personality, she mostly likely smokes.. lol. and seing as though i do not, it kind of ticks me off. they are always shocked that i do not, i guess because i come across as cool, care free and what not..

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the people I know smoke it. I don't do it personally. All it does is suck all the joy out of me and makes me incredibly boring.

My gf does it and I'm fine with it. My last gf did it, and the one before, and the one before that. Most of them do it.

When it came to my gf having a cigarette, I have her hell. Cigarettes are horribly addictive. Weed isn't. I told her next time she wants a cigarette, smoke a joint instead.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
st_99 said:
thats what i've noticed also, is that most weed dealers are just kind of dudes with no real life, good guys, probably play guitar or something, maybe dropped out of college, something like that..

i don't even really know why i brought up this topic. I think its because everytime I meet a cute girl, and think she has a kick ass personality, she mostly likely smokes.. lol. and seing as though i do not, it kind of ticks me off. they are always shocked that i do not, i guess because i come across as cool, care free and what not..
you bring up an interesting while somewhat related point.

like, how can i put this... you meet a girl. and i mean, ****... there is you, then there is the REAL you... in other words, there aren't really things you are hiding, but they are things that you don't come out the bat and just let people know if that makes sense. for instance, with me and my drug history. it's not something i'm ashamed of, but at the same time, it's not something i broadcast to the entire world. most girls i'ved went on dates with dont' have a clue. if youa re around me enough and i like you, you'll
know in time.

what i am getting at is, a BIG red flag to me is, when a girl, moves something up for you to learn about her, faster than i'm supposed to learn it. does that make sense? like let's say i went on a first date with a girl and we went out ot eat and 30 mintues into the date i'm telling her about my drug history. to me, that's a red flag. even if you aren't using drugs, normal people don't broadcast that **** to anyone who will listen. that's a need to know basis. even when i was in AA i'd go out and order a virgin daquari and if a girl asked why i'd just say beucase this is how i like it lol

what i am getting at is, if i meet a girl, i'm not per say, opposed to her smoking the sticky icky every once in a while. but, at the same time, i don't feel that's some **** i need to find out on the first or 2nd date either.

hell now that i think about it, the last time i went on a first date and the girl broke out a weed bag, we were smoking crack by the end of the night lol. that's actually how i got hooked.

so if a girl brought it up like too soon, that would be a red flag to me. I don';t mind, but that's.. that's some private stuff./ if you breaking that out on a first date, that means you either are 1. a ***** 2. stupid 3. so addicted you need to get a fix now or 4. trying to run game on me and use me as a ATM machine. none of the 4 are desirable.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear ST,
I think the critical factor here,is at what age she started indulging heavily....People who do a lot of Dope in their youth,say 12 onwards,damage important parts of their brains....I have observed that in particular,the ability to properly sequence activities,say like cooking a Roast Dinner,becomes too much for them....As for being good wife material?Those I have been around,were very caring to their kids....At a personal level,they make lovely plates, great companions,in most ways I prefer Pot heads to Drunks!...I believe you people lock these guys up?if so,that is rather sad.

Three

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, who likes to be around a chick who is a total prude about this stuff? It just sucks the fun out of life when everything is bad. So, a girl who likes to indulge occasionally is all right in my book.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she smokes pot every day and can't seem to ever stop, that's a bad thing. But it's not the pot that's the problem....the girl probably has underlying issues.

I like to partake of the ganja quite often. Believe it or not, I'm actually quite successful. I always had good grades, I graduated med school and I'm doing alright for myself. I know plenty of attractive, very intelligent girls that do a few tokes from time to time.

Alcohol is a far worse drug than cannabis both in terms of bad effects and addiction potential. But do we ever make anything of a girl that likes to occasionally get drunk over a bottle of wine?

Personally, I think most people have their vices. For some people it's caffeine. For others it's booze. As long as we don't let it get out of control, it's alright. Contrary to popular myth, ganja and alcohol can be had in moderation.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding the shadiness factor, if you happen to live in a civilized place like California or Colorado that has med mj and state-supervised distribution, that makes it a lot less shadier. She can just go to a store and buy her pot.

But for everyone else, if it's illegal, that means she needs a dealer. And if you don't smoke, that's probably not going to be you. There are female dealers, but most are guys. So you typically have to be ok with #1 not being able to provide something a woman needs and #2 her going over to some guy's house who does have what she needs. And don't ask to come along - people who don't know you don't want you witnessing their illegal activity. Even if they are too stupid to realize that, you are still always better off being able to say "I didn't see anything" and be telling the truth. Even if you can manage it, these are all unhealthy dynamics for a relationship.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's a habit ... it's a habit

I've lived with a chick like this many years ago.
She was a daily smoker.
At first it was no big deal, but after a while, the "lets just stay home tonight" got really regular and she'd puff & pass out by nine.
After living with her for three years, I dumped her a55 as I was sick of the mindless vegetable!

If she buys it, don't consider her for a mate.
Reeks of a chick with no ambition.

SH

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
st_99 said:

I swear this post reminds me of me. Chicks usually think I smoke due to the same carefree and cool attitude I have. Met a cute one at my part time and she told me she smokes in her room, and before she goes to work. The more she talked the more turned off I became. She's actually a pretty cool chick and in some ways I feel sorry for her. I think she has a messed up family life. Oh well.

I never needed drugs period. I've always had too much to do that drugs would interfere with and never found myself bored enough or in need of them.

And yes I do believe that chicks who smoke are fvcked up in various ways.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DEPENDS on how much she is holding.... I DON'T want a felony conviction anywhere around me. My license and living depend on keeping it clean...no WOMAN is going to ruin it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.