Do girls like a guy cooking?

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm&Style said:
Haha you make it look too fruity. I cook too but i never once said "i like to cook" or "i can cook an amazing sauce". Its very girly panzy pooni.
I like to cook and I can cook an amazing sauce and Im a Chef (close to being famous not TV famous though working with the best Master Chefs in the states) Im no f uckin girly man for it either. Thats a huge assumption you are making.
Usually though if I do cook for a date I will show her or make her do most of the work and get the groceries. Even though I can cook, I still want a chick who can so any chick who even thinks as closed minded as u I dont want around. Aint nothin girly about liking to cook, or sayin you do and i get paid for it in more ways than 1

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im a really good cook, but the girl im seeing loves to cook too and is excellent at it. Shes come over twice in the last week and cooked me dinner. I run the bbq grill, she runs the kitchen. It works out well.

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
musclyjerk said:
"F*ck off, today us blokes have to cook our food if we want a decent meal 'cos you women today are crap at cooking and don't know a thing" . . .

Tease her for being masculine when she does un-feminine things, too. That will really grate on her.

The Muscly Jerk

Thats quite true, women are becoming men and men are becoming women....when the fvck did this abomonation of society happen?

Alot of the females I know can't cook to save their lives.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cooking is a woman thing. my grandmother was in the kitchen. my mother was in the kitchen. whenever i go visit them and try to even make a sandwich for myself they say go sit down i'll feed you. my woman is the same way. i just dispise cooking. it's just girly.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
A truism in life.

I know that it makes your self worth go through the roof if you get complimented on your cooking prowess. Women dig a guy who can cook immensely. It shows he cares about what goes into his body thus what will inevitably end up in hers :)

I would strongly suggest watching and soaking in every ounce of info from Alton Brown on Good Eats on FoodNetwork. This guy is a genius.

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CCKazi007 said:
Don't DO IT! It is a trap... girls think your very UNoriginal if you cook for her, so make HER COOK and she'll think your original cuz most guys DO NOT tell her to cook. You can cook every once in a while for only special occasions like her birthday, otherwise don't cause it'll lead to her wantin/makin you do other things. Basically you'll just be her slave like the other guys and pretty soon she'll put you in the friend-zone and go bang some other guy.
I agree, very valid points.

DJinTraining06 said:
i mean cmon, its annoying. I think im gonna start teasing her a little. I gotta make her qualify herself to me, not the other way around.
Thank you!

To add my 2 cents...

The whole "if you can cook, chicks will dig you!"
I think its totally the other way around.
This is some crap we have seen on the movies and it isn't real life.
Cooking is not a classic alpha male trait.

Some of it will depend on how you deliver it.
Most of the time you'll come off as trying too hard.

I have to look at it this way...
Did her father cook?

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
exactly. women have been cooking since the mid-evil times while men when out to blow sh@t up. everytime me and the woman see a cook on tv, he's usually a flamer. women are hardcore into anything the tv transmits to their brains. cooking=flamer.

unless your that crazy lad from hells kitchen and even he is an insecure bloke. guys might as well wear skirts because an apron is pretty girly

the barbaque is a guy thing though. i blast of my eyebrows every summer.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you guys kidding? Cook if you want to! Who cares what other people see you as. So what if people laugh at you. If they do, cook an awesome five piece meal and eat it all in front of them, then you'll get to have the last laugh. It's obvious that qweretyuiopas likes to cook. Well good for him, he isn't afraid to do what he wants. Men go for what they want. They don't let little things like "I wonder how people will see me" or "Does society approve of me" get in the way. Leave that to the girls. I myself have an interest in learning how to cook more stuff. I only know some of the basics right now.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you like cooking then thats cool. i'm sure theres some chick that will think thats hot. the topic creator asked if girls like cooking and i said cooking is for girls and i wouldn't step in the kitchen. but thats from my experience and the women i dated. maybe the girl he wants to cook for likes guys who wear aprons and are kitchen b@tches

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't cook for women I cook for myself, for money and fun. If they think that girly or whatever they can step off while some other chick can enjoy learning some of my skills and eating new things that taste great. At least I have a passion in life instead of going to college for engineering or business just because I dont know what I wanna do so I pick a popular major. I get to have fun when I go to work.

jack knife

Don Juan
Reaction score
cooking can be great if it is a shared experience. gives you an activity to do in close contact in an imtimate setting.

your problem is that you tell girls you can cook. why tell them? they can figure it out on their own.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
insanity said:
exactly. women have been cooking since the mid-evil times while men when out to blow sh@t up. everytime me and the woman see a cook on tv, he's usually a flamer. women are hardcore into anything the tv transmits to their brains. cooking=flamer.
Wow, the sophistication. "Mid-evil" times... LOL... I suppose it's "flamer" to know how to spell, too.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scorched said:
I agree, very valid points.

Thank you!

To add my 2 cents...

The whole "if you can cook, chicks will dig you!"
I think its totally the other way around.
This is some crap we have seen on the movies and it isn't real life.
Cooking is not a classic alpha male trait.

Some of it will depend on how you deliver it.
Most of the time you'll come off as trying too hard.

I have to look at it this way...
Did her father cook?
So whos cooking your dinner?

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jack knife said:
your problem is that you tell girls you can cook. why tell them? they can figure it out on their own.
owned!

Once again I don't see what the big deal is with cooking.
I really think it is an urban myth or something.
Although I have been asked on a few first dates, "Can you cook."
I just always say, "huh, it isn't hard...gimme a timer and directions I can cook anything." I seriously think its a question that the girl just ask because they want to see if you are trying to impress them or not.

"Cook for her, her panties will drop."
Wait wait, if someone tells you that,
1. Where did they hear it?
2. Have they tried it first hand?
3. If it came from a girl, don't listen to them, they don't know what they really want...

My room mate always talks about how he can cook.
Although he does say it with a lot of confidence, which is a huge plus; I just think it comes off as bragging/sounding like you are trying to impress the girl. One night he made spaghetti on a double date. He had told everyone how good a a cook he was and the spaghetti did not taste good. Although I did wingman him and say it was good!

You don't want to come off like you are trying to get her to qualify you. Like someone said above, "just cook and don't say ****. she'll qualify you if it tastes good."

I cooked Chicken Stir Fry a few weeks ago because I want to learn how to cook better. I told my girlfriend - "don't think I'm cooking for you or anything, I'm cooking because I want to." I seriously don't think it made the date better. I think next time I'll get her to cook.

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix_of_the_ashes said:
So whos cooking your dinner?
Me, but I'm not cooking for her.

I'm self sufficient as hell...

DJs don't have to cook for the girl.
The girl cooks for the DJ.
Dominance...

Trying to get smart?
Seriously is that all you've got?

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
Ive heard that alot of girls think its hot when a guy cooks. And ive even heard a few say it. But i think thats bs, cuz almost anytime ive told a girl i can cook or like to cook they say stuff indicating that they think im bein a girly man cuz i like to. Of course they r joking around, but jokes r usually based on truth.

Current example, my gf was sayin how she cant cook. so i said oh i like to cook. She asks what i can cook. And i was like well pastas pretty easy, i can make a great sauce. And she goes wow ur very domestic (in a teasing way)
Ive noticed this from a few other girls before too. One time i had a girl in my kitchen and i knew where the salt was cuz we were eating takeout and i wanted salt. and she was like wow u im surprised u really know ur way around the kitchen. I was like huh? this is my house, why wouldnt i know where the salt was. My mom doesnt hand it to me every time.

So wat i am concluding from all this is that girls may say they think its hot if a guy cleans and cooks or stuff like that, but in actuality its kind of a turnoff seeing guys do typically feminine activities. Or the girls im with r just narrow minded idiots.
Not sure. But hey i aint eating hot pockets or wnedys every night just cuz im a dude. If i am not lazy one night and i wanna cook somethin why the hell not.

They also like guys who will do laundry, clean the house, fold socks, take out the garbage, all at once.

And of course the guy has to have a 13 inch penis, ripped to the bone, own a mercedes and make 6 figures a year, 50% of which will be presented to her in the form of flowers, chocolate, and diamonds.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scorched said:
Me, but I'm not cooking for her.

I'm self sufficient as hell...

DJs don't have to cook for the girl.
The girl cooks for the DJ.
Dominance...

Trying to get smart?
Seriously is that all you've got?
If youre self sufficient then in a relationship you would be doing 50% of the cooking.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't tell a girl that I can cook... its not something I just drop into casual conversations... but I'll invite a girl over and cook something which they're normally seriously impressed about... it's not something you brag about that won't get you anywhere, it's one of those things which girls love if you actually DO it...

Dinner parties too are great ways to indirectly impress a girl without cooking FOR her... I'll cook for friends, tell any of the fems who are there as GFs to bring a hot friend or I'll invite a girl I've met a few times and I'm kinda interested in... I've done a good number of girls from out of that scenario...

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix_of_the_ashes said:
If youre then in a relationship you would be doing 50% of the cooking.
Dude, you live in Europe, American women are different...

Self Sufficient mainly means to me...
YOUR MOMMY DOESN'T GIVE YOU ANY MONEY!
aka.. You don't rely on anyone.

Hmmmm if I have a girl over. She'll cook...
That isn't relying on her, it is being dominate...

Sir Drinksalot

Don Juan
Reaction score
The issue isn't cooking or talking or whether you are effeminite or not. She's pushing your buttons to test you and tip control of YOU in her favor. Once you need her approval to get your self esteem back, you're finished.

In her previous relationships rest assured she did the same thing... Found something that got under the other guy's skin and made him feel like $h!t, to keep him dying for her unattainable approval. Top quality women won't do this btw.

Don't let her words knock you down. When she says stuff like this, call her a "dyke." Then throw her on the couch and do her @nally... (Who's femanine NOW???) That should shut her up.