"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Do DJ's encourage fantasy

xelent

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
57
Here’s an idea about the whole DJ system. We talk often about how feminism has been responsible for turning men into AFC;s and that it is the ALPHAMALE that they crave. This does make perfect sense to me in many ways, but I am intrigued that there seems to be reams of women (30+ career girl) out there who are sexy, intelligent and beautiful that have this perfect almost idyllic man in mind. You will notice this on most dating sites. Something else I notice about these women is how they claim almost 9 times out of 10 that they are independent and looking for that special relationship that demands all these qualities etc etc.

I still agree with the principle that feminism is responsible for these ideas. That as intelligent, beautiful women they are entitled to be treated like princesses and get exactly what they want even if subconsciously they don’t know what they want.

I guess Ill get to the point, maybe as DJ’s we are pandering to this feminine need and therefore encouraging these ridiculous ideas about what a man should be. I am not saying that Djing doesn’t work, it clearly does. Also I am not trying to encourage any self doubt, I have total belief that this system works. I’m just intrigued that some women have almost unrealistic views about what a man should be. We in turn feed them this unrealistic fantasy with DJ skills

This perhaps brings me to a conclusion that monogamy doesn’t work (maybe serial monogamy does). I feel this partly because the man is left constantly having to work his charm and DJ skills in order to keep this women interested.

I know what some of you will say is that ‘she also has too work for you’, otherwise you will look elsewhere. This maybe true, but I guess where does one decide about matters of the heart such as ‘love’?

Love isn’t necessarily the goal and to be honest I haven’t thought this whole thing through, it just occurred to me that we could well be feeding women this fantasy which frankly even if we as DJ’s overcame our insecurities etc. We can’t expect all of MANkind to do the same. I’m perhaps being too philosophical but I thought it would be an interesting topic to debate.

Ultimately we are still getting laid and enjoying top female company and them us, but I always like to question the essence of ideas that I come to trust. I guess ultimately there are plenty of women out there we would never touch with a barge pole who hence end up with the AFC.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Rondavu

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Women have been doing this for us a lot longer than we have been doing it for them. Where do you think make up and pretty dresses came from? What about the corsets that would cut off circulation? Do you think women did that cause they wanted to? No, they did it for us. If it was wrong to set out as humans to enrich the fantastic senses of the opposite sex, and forgoing full honesty about ones nature, then we men are to blame for starting the game now aren't we? We had women twirling around poles and speaking submissively long before we decided to start fullfilling their fantasy. Maybe we owe em one or two. If they only go for those of us who fill out their fantasy best, we only have ourselves to blame for that consequence.
 

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
DJing, if your're doing it right isn't any harder than being an AFC. It's easier in some respects. It's not that you're trying harder, it's that you're trying different things.

As far as women and their stupid laundry lists, f** 'em. They dont' really want that. DJ theory says that they want a challenge, which precludes being perfect.

Part of what's happening is that our culture isn't sending the message to women that thye need to be mature and responsible. Yes, women need to grow up too. As a result, you get loads of the stupid party girl type: women who never amount to anything either domestically or career-wise who skip and bounce through life until they lose their beauty.

I don't think we're pandering to the feminine need. It's more that we're appealing to a b.s. image women have of men. They don't really understand us. We pretend to be hypermacho and so on, they go after it, and then we get laid. But if we know that's what we're doing, are we pandering or are we in control?

I'd say the latter, because we're pushing the buttons instead of being pushed.
 

xelent

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
57
I think your right MackJr. Men (I asume you meant men) do need to relearn their attitudes towards women and how they approach them.

The one thing I like about the DJ theory is that it is all inclusive that it isnt based on selfish arrogant intent, that it is about improving your life and general demeanor. If one aquires needs and wants as a result, then all well and good.

Maybe women need to grow up also about their ideas about men. But more seriously this is where I tend to think of serial monogamy as an outcome of modern life. I've never tried it myself, unless you call dating casually as a form of relationship hopping.

To be fair we may well be guilty of having unrealistic fantasys about women ourselves, and so perhaps we are all to blame, but at least the DJ theory decides to expose the reality of what we are in.

Anyway keep getting laid and improving your life. :D
 
Top