Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJing your income

Captain Ramen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I am 25, and about a year and a half into a job that I do not like, at all. Some days it is not that bad, which is not good. I often go in miserable, am bored at work, and do not have much interest in the career in general. I have a Masters degree and knew from the first course that I did not want to be an accountant, but I did it to get general business knowledge. I would have dropped the course and Masters program in general, but having quit and regretted quiting other pursuits in my youth, I decided I would stay the course just to show myself that I could do it. If they kicked me out fine but if not at least I would have a Masters degree.

I believe that there is a high correlation between career satisfaction and success. I get no career satisfaction. Competing with people with a passion for accounting does not drive me even though I am very competitive. I do not desire to be a controller, accountant, etc. I do understand money. I am paid fairly well. I would like to work for myself but do not know what business to pursue.

I am sure someone here knows what the Meyers-Briggs profiling schema is and I am an ENTP. I grasp things fairly quickly, and when I feel I have done all I can, I usually move on.

When I took the job I intended to work for two years, save money, and then take an extended surf-trip.

Since a career, or even a business, takes up so much time, I want it to be something that I enjoy and prosper from in all aspects of life. When I enjoy something I tend to excel. The problem is I am almost interested in everything: reading, discussion, physical activity,science, sports(participating).

There are perks to the job, I've been to Thailand, Brazil, England, Argentina and Turkey and I am piad fairly well.

Since the DJ path is a life-encompassing concept I know I should not accept misery and a lack od satisfaction just to get a check.

The question that is sometimes asked: what would you do if you had $1 million, $5 million(large sum of money)?, simply does not apply because I am not going to get paid to travel the world and surf.

So anyways I am looking for suggestions/comments/criticism, basically anything.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Ramen said:
...I am sure someone here knows what the Meyers-Briggs profiling schema is and I am an ENTP. I grasp things fairly quickly, and when I feel I have done all I can, I usually move on..
Welcome to the ENTP club. You need to make the traits of an ENTP work for you otherwise they will work against you big time. You need to find a passion to use as an outlet. It would be great if you could integrate it into your career but it's not absolutely necessary. The big thing is to at least have a passion so you can focus on it to offset your career life. Another thing, the last thing you want to do is to let your career define who you are. If you do, your mood and general outlook on life will be in direct proportion to what is going on at your job; this is a very bad thing.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a job where that you hate sucks, even if the money is good.

I had a job doing tech support and I did it for 3 years and made good money, with all of the overtime I worked but I hated it, I just couldn't stand it. After I got laid off, I started working for myself and started a business focusing on web development. I'm struggling money-wise now, as is normal when starting something new, but I enjoy my work so much more now. I was miserable being a PC tech and server administrator, I hated it with a passion even though it paid well. I was absolutely bored stiff and I had no desire to advance myself in this area.

I always tell people that life is too short to do something you hate your whole life. It isn't always about money.

kyphan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The hardest part is figuring out what you want to do when you make a move. I should know, I had a difficult time figuring out what I wanted to do in college, then find something afterwards that fit the bill. I found it all eventually, it simply took a long look at my life and my personality. In the process I changed colleges, majors, and have worked for FOUR companies in under three years, including getting fired once. It was all a great experience and I am thankful that in life after you get knocked down you have a better idea of how to stay on your feet.

Heck, I look back at my life since I began my first steps towards self-improvement and I love seeing the evolution: I was 20 and had little clue what I was doing, only that I was unhappy and fat, and I knew it all had to change.

Figure out what you want to do next. That probably involves going on some job interviews and feeling it out. I landed where I am now in the strangest way, and I knew I wanted to do what I'm doing now with the guys who interviewed me within five minutes of sitting down with them. It took some bad jobs, tough interviews, and months of soul-searching to figure it all out. Take the time to sort it out, look carefully, and only make a move when you just KNOW it's the right thing to do.

Captain Ramen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

Surfing is my passion. I made a mistake and took a job inland. I may have to wait a while longer but I will have to get back to the beach.Soon.

While I was here(inland) I took up martial arts because it was a dream of mine since childhood. I was the oldest of three kids and money was tight so my parents couldn't pay for it when I was younger. That being said, I've been out of it for about two months with a stress fracture so my dissatisfaction has bubbled to the surface. Exercise really improves my attitude.

I know a lot of people are dissatisfied with their careers and they would say something like: welcome to the real world, or that's the way it is, which really are comments demonstrating their acceptance of the matrix. I won't settle for mediocrity when I know life can be great. Mine is, it's just this aspect has finally gotten to me to the point that I know I need to make a change.

I've been researching ways to explore other options. I have about 10k cash in the bank so I could go a little while with out a pay check but I'd prefer not to.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Ramen said:
Thanks for the responses guys.

Surfing is my passion. I made a mistake and took a job inland. I may have to wait a while longer but I will have to get back to the beach.Soon.

While I was here(inland) I took up martial arts because it was a dream of mine since childhood. I was the oldest of three kids and money was tight so my parents couldn't pay for it when I was younger. That being said, I've been out of it for about two months with a stress fracture so my dissatisfaction has bubbled to the surface. Exercise really improves my attitude.

I know a lot of people are dissatisfied with their careers and they would say something like: welcome to the real world, or that's the way it is, which really are comments demonstrating their acceptance of the matrix. I won't settle for mediocrity when I know life can be great. Mine is, it's just this aspect has finally gotten to me to the point that I know I need to make a change.

I've been researching ways to explore other options. I have about 10k cash in the bank so I could go a little while with out a pay check but I'd prefer not to.
I know how it is being laid up without being active for a while (closed clavicle fracture from a cycling accident). But having other outlets definitely help.

The good thing for you that even though you are frustrated, you aren't falling into the trap of accepting it. Hold on to your funds though, don't quit without securing another position. Why not save your money for your passion?

Use your frustration to energize you into looking for a change. Put as much effort into it as you do into your current job if not more. Your change doesnt need to be drastic either. You'd be surprised how effective just incorporating just a bit of your passion into your daily routine.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because you have an MBA in Accounting, doesn't mean you have to be an accountant. I've been working in a field I love that is 180 degrees from my Masters. The MBA simply proves you have the potential to learn something.