Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJing in Australia?

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right folks, I'm off down under in 9 days time for a 5 week travelling holiday. I'll be going to Sydney first, staying a few days there. Then I'll be heading up the East Coast, stopping off at Byron Bay and Gold Coast before spending a few days in Brisbane and then heading off down to Melbourne for christmas with my bro and his family.

What I'm wondering is how is the DJing life in Oz?
Is it easier for northern europeans to adapt their game to the Oz vibe?
Are the Oz HBs easy to approach / get to know, or should I be focusing more on the traveller contingent in the hostels etc?
Any advice from Oz travelling DJs and residents would be mucho appreciated.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Australia is friendly. The population is small, so people are open & friendly. However I noted compared with the US, there is a stronger sense of sexual conservatism (being a slut is a bit more taboo).

Brisbane is great, people are friendly, so is Melbourne. Sydney is a bit less friendly, but go to Kings Cross for friendly folks ;)

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read Duke's bootcamp journal. He's in Aussie land.

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Reaction score
Sydney is a bit less friendly, but go to Kings Cross for friendly folks
You trying to get this guy killed? Might as well just tell him to stop by Redfern, some real friendly folk their(just pack an uzi and you'll be fine)

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha WBAFC.
If you think I'm going to be jerking off for five weeks you underestimate my skills, young hobbit!

Last edited:

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you experienced a decent aussie woman before?

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have your answer

Go to the Sheraton in Brisbane and sit in the ****tail lounge beside the sidewalk cafe. Prime time secretarial **** everywhere. If you dont bag a root there, go downstairs at say 1pm to the "Someplace Else" nightclub. Stand at the dance floor lean rail and by 4pm you will have bagged one, unless you are dead ugly.

Brisbane is easiest. Sydney, stick to the metropolis, dont go to the cross. Sydney is easy, but more groupie oriented. I have NEVER failed at Someplace Else when in Brissie. I would even be willing to show you around if you wanted and the time suited and I could get up there.

Seriously, cant fail

Carlito_Brigante

Don Juan
Reaction score
It shouldn't be so bad especially here in Melbourne, where i'm at. Like many women, their 'anti-slut shield' is always up, but striking up a conversation is easy..... if you play your cards right. Plus i'm Canadian, so the accent really gets me places.

WBAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mantra
Haha WBAFC.
If you think I'm going to be jerking off for five weeks you underestimate my skills, young hobbit!
I don't underestimate your DJ skills :p. But I think you underestimate Australian's. Look at Duke's progress journal man, 60 approach’s 2 dates, he's not bad looking or anything (not saying that in a gay way) and has been around the game for a while. And you'll probably be aiming for ONS. But yeah if your trying to pick up in Aus, you'll have to change your game from what you do in the states. Experiment, and you'll get used to it after a while. Australia's are very social by nature and you'll have no problem getting a conversation going but it's hard to get it any were further then that on first meets.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WBAFC
I don't underestimate your DJ skills :p. But I think you underestimate Australian's. Look at Duke's progress journal man, 60 approach’s 2 dates, he's not bad looking or anything (not saying that in a gay way) and has been around the game for a while. And you'll probably be aiming for ONS. But yeah if your trying to pick up in Aus, you'll have to change your game from what you do in the states. Experiment, and you'll get used to it after a while. Australia's are very social by nature and you'll have no problem getting a conversation going but it's hard to get it any were further then that on first meets.

dude get with the program.. ****..

no offence to duke, i do remember reading his first field report.. went out with 2 other guys, 1 guy had a camera. awesome report. but poor form..

i'm living in melbourne, have been most of my life.. only been into queensland (gold coast) since i've been picking up. in melbourne i've ****ed 7 girls, 5 which were ONS. and i would have easily kiss closed 100.. (but lacked the courage to try and take it further)..

when i was up on the gold coast, 10 nights, i ****ed 3 chicks, and kiss closed another (which i should have ****ed but i still lacked that little bit of needed courage, she told me later that i could have ****ed her if i suggested it. but she had to work!)

*note* for the last 7 months i've been out of the game (girlfriend) but feel far more confident that i could GREATLY increase the ammount of women i get.

so i haven't experienced chicks overseas.. but i would imagine that anywhere in the western world would be very similar to australia..

if u can get a **** somewhere else in the world. u'll be fine here... no secrets..

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by quest
dude get with the program.. ****..

no offence to duke, i do remember reading his first field report.. went out with 2 other guys, 1 guy had a camera. awesome report. but poor form..

i'm living in melbourne, have been most of my life.. only been into queensland (gold coast) since i've been picking up. in melbourne i've ****ed 7 girls, 5 which were ONS. and i would have easily kiss closed 100.. (but lacked the courage to try and take it further)..

when i was up on the gold coast, 10 nights, i ****ed 3 chicks, and kiss closed another (which i should have ****ed but i still lacked that little bit of needed courage, she told me later that i could have ****ed her if i suggested it. but she had to work!)

*note* for the last 7 months i've been out of the game (girlfriend) but feel far more confident that i could GREATLY increase the ammount of women i get.

so i haven't experienced chicks overseas.. but i would imagine that anywhere in the western world would be very similar to australia..

if u can get a **** somewhere else in the world. u'll be fine here... no secrets..
**** ****** ***?

Dead End Kid

Reaction score
Aussie women love americans especially african-americans, was in Perth and didnt have to say a ****ing word. And when I spokje women just wouldnt stop talking to me.

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.
Sart... good tips. It would b great to meet up for an evening of DJing. I'll probably have a non DJ guide in Brisbane, but we could meet in Sydney. When you say don't go to the Cross do you mean don't go out sarging there, or avoid it all together, because most of the good hostels seem to be in and around that area, so I'll probably end up staying there anyway. By metropolis do you mean city centre? PM me.

Thanks for the good positive words Quest. Of course, I am also of the firm belief that my Stockholm living englishman vibes will raise IL in many of the Aussie women I meet :=)

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think u have more of a chance in Melb. or Brisbane especially.

Sydney is just too high and mighty and the regular places mostly have either gold diggers or ***** groups which are hard to penetrate and think the sun shines out of their ****

Best bet, do some recreational activities and hope to meet someone on those like a boat cruise or something. forget the niteclub scene.

d

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dionysius_d
I think u have more of a chance in Melb. or Brisbane especially.

Sydney is just too high and mighty and the regular places mostly have either gold diggers or ***** groups which are hard to penetrate and think the sun shines out of their ****

Best bet, do some recreational activities and hope to meet someone on those like a boat cruise or something. forget the niteclub scene.

d
honest to god.. some people are so weird.. don't make excuses that u can't pick up at a night club in sydney.. because if u couldn't no one would go.. YOU can't pick up in a night club in syndey..

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
relative.

because if u couldn't no one would go..
Im talking relative here.. Sydney compared to Melb. or Brisbane. And people have agreed in this thread.

Im also giving friendly advice, which is simply that its easier to meet women in other activities than in a niteclub in this city.

Firstly, unless you're a regular of Sydney nitelife, as I am, then don't make opinions about it.. its unlikely you even live in Sydney.

Secondly, you think I'm trying to turn people off because somehow I failed to pick up in Sydney.. read the message again.

You can pick up in a niteclub.. sure.. but its a lot easier in other activities, where you don't have a smoke filled room with loud music, groups of girls who are only there to have a chat or dance among themselves, and dorks like you, Quest, who go around attempting to break into the groups only to end up looking like begging low-lives.. the type that girls can't stand.

You also seem to think the only reason people visit niteclubs is to pick up.. or else nobody would be there. Only an idiot of your age would think this.. next time you go to one, look around. If people were only there to pick up, they would be walking in and out with a partner or else screwing on the floor. I know you have your fantasies.. but..

Its just more logical to meet people, especially if you're NEW to a city, in a more friendly and social atmosphere, such as day trips around the city, cruises, museums and 1000 other places besides a dingy niteclub at 1am.

But then again, you being all of 20 years, seem to know better from your one-liner message.. so go ahead and stick to niteclubs when you visit other cities (unlikely though you've travelled further than your neighbourhood).. it keeps you sorts out of other people's hair.

d.