DJing, homeschool and religion

Black Casanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone had to deal with this? I'm trying my best to get into a real school next year, but if I can't, then what can I do? This situation is complicated because my parents are part of the Seventh Day Adventist church, so they're really conservatice (they wouldnt take me and a date to a movie theater, for instance), So I basically have two quesitions.

How can I deal with being in homeschool, and how can I deal with religious parents?

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Patience...

MusicMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
no matter how much you consider your parents as conservative and unable to understand you, they still love you. you must try to bring these issues to them, the easy and calm way first. if they don't get it, remind them that whatever they do you are still their son and they can, in no way, stop you from becoming who you want to become and doing what you want to do. Plan your conversation. Plan your questions and discuss them with your parents. If you dont want homeschool, say it!

Good luck.

Black Casanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, I'll try that, but I feel like I've presented my case well, and they are simply ignoring me. I dont really care so much about the quality of school (since i get good grades anyway) but I dont really see anyone my own age except at church on weekends, and this is really hurting me social interaction-wise.

I might have to pull a Mahatma Ghandi on their asses;)
Nonviolent civil disobedience!

but yeah. I'm going to try to get into a s ummer camp or something, get some practice there, but when school starts back...:mad: Religion causes so many problems... sigh.

snobrd503

Don Juan
Reaction score
You said that your parent's wouldn't let you go on a date to the movies. If i may ask, how do you know? My parents, and I as well, are religious but they would probably understand (that's for back in my middle school days, i have my own car now so it isn't really an issue). Is this something you know from experience, because if not, it doesn't hurt to try

Dapper Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
SDA

I know exactly how you feel. Feel your pain. Same boat, etc. One half of my family, including my parents, are SDA. (shocked to meet another one of us, especialyl here. I'm sort of non-practicing)

I'm assuming you know the ins and outs of this crazy religion, and for conservative parents have you considered one of the SDA schools? If they don't agree with public school, that is the only way I can think of.

You said that your parent's wouldn't let you go on a date to the movies. If i may ask, how do you know? My parents, and I as well, are religious but they would probably understand (that's for back in my middle school days, i have my own car now so it isn't really an issue). Is this something you know from experience, because if not, it doesn't hurt to try
They might not agree with movie theaters because one of the founders of the religion, EG White, said that theaters were evil. This was in the early 1900s. They didn't even have modern theaters. I don't know, though.

The problem with Seventh Day Adventism is that everyone misinterperets everything that Ellen White lady said. If you have those kind of parents, my kind of parents, then your youth is going to be kind of screwed no matter how hard you try.

Best I can think of is boarding academy. (we have tons, you know.)

Black Casanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
o_O someone else feels my pain:D I dont feel so alone now.

I guess I might as well try an SDA school, although I try to avoid them as much as possible. Most of the kids where I live arent that serious about it though.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black Casanova
o_O someone else feels my pain:D I dont feel so alone now.

I guess I might as well try an SDA school, although I try to avoid them as much as possible. Most of the kids where I live arent that serious about it though.
Find a way to have your parents consume hallucinogenic drugs... all your problems will wash away.

;) Crazy fundamentalists.

kave

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i got kicked outa normal school about 2 years ago (presently tryin to regroup my life) and i know its hard when ur homeschooled but u can still do it just go to like malls and **** like that and then dont wry bout highschool its overrated...i mean when ur at public school u have so many distractions and when ur homeschooled ur much more intent on ur work(which is what u want!!!!!!0 trust me

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
School Sucks. I've had both. I prefer highschool but homeshcoolings cool cause you don't have as mch work.

i mean when ur at public school u have so many distractions and when ur homeschooled ur much more intent on ur work
^ that is not true. I was doing fine in noraml high school then i decided to do homeschooling cause of circumstances and I ended up failing a grade. Homeschooling is much more easy to slack off in.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Dude it must suck have conservative bible thumping parents.

My parents have always been very liberal allowing me to do as i please as long as i stay out of trouble and dont screw anyone over.

I mean i remember when i was 16 my mom offered to buy me condoms etc. lol i was like "uhhhhh no. "