Dj Skills Disappear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How????

Reaction score
Hey, I just had a very horrible night. I whent to a local concert and met my friend and his two friends that happened to be attractive females :). After I was introduced I started to become what I once was, a ballless little person. I got all tensed up and couldn't think of what to say or how to act. This was weird because I am (was) getting the hang of this DJ stuff and then it all whent down the drain! It was like I never even took the time to practice my skills! Without thinking I was apologizing repeaditely and stupid little crap like that. On top of that, I kept on being shy (for some reason). Now I feel stupid! lol. Has anyone had this happen to them?? I dont know what to do, have my skills disappeared forever?

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No they're not gone, you just had a bad night. They'll probably be back next time.

Don't worry about it man, just practice a little and the bad nights will go away permanently. You might need a little review of the bible to reassure yourself and get some things straight, but you'll be back to DJing in a few days if not sooner.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Pretty soon it won't be "DJ skillz" but part of your atitude and personality. :D

murid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cultivate yourself, make what seems to be techniques and "skillz" persona.

Be. Cultivate you and "Be". Don't just be yourself be a better you, the "skills" that stall on you, practice more often.

Repitition leads to mastery.

I'm 28, going on 29, and I really, really, wish that I knew what *little* I know now when I was 19. The key is to develop your self, cultivate your self. Acquire knowledge, practice, awkwardness is simply a byproduct of any learning curve.

Can you drive stick ? How many times did you stall your motor? Even a year after learning how to drive stick I'd occassionally stall when under the gun. As I further learned the nuances of a bloody clutch my confidence increased because confidence is knowledge, if you KNOW how to do something then you are assured that you can do it when you will, you are in effect self assured, and the state of self assurance is none other than the state of self confidence, self trust.

Lookup the etymology of the word confidence.

In short, you are going to stall, and you will continue to stall just like the last time you geeked up. Learn from it, study your self and its reactions to the situation, the nuances, at what point did you ball up when meeting these girls ? How did your body feel, how did your mind feel? Was it something they said, something they wore, their perfume.

God's in the details man, study the details and just keep cultivating yourself, your attitude, your state of Being (not state of mind, BEing...)

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evil-Rom
Pretty soon it won't be "DJ skillz" but part of your atitude and personality. :D
Exactly, then you wont have to think or worry about doin anything, it would just happen.

And about what murid said, i couldnt agree more with just about everything so yeh...listen to him.

El brujo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey downfallofdisbelief, I 'm in the same situation too sometimes. Just don't bother that you're shy at the moment, and it'll go away directly. You can use shyness too as a DJskill, if you're shy "the right way", it can be usefull. But it's not a bad thing if you're having a bad day, just don't spend too much time at the moment thinking about it, and it will disappear.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you, my friend need to realize that you dont have DJ skills yet. First u need to let go of all the AFC left in you. Let go of the fear and then only will u realize your path.

YOu got intimidated by 2 hotties, so u started thinking about fvcking them and tried to make a good impression and thinking of the stuff to saym only to realize that it wasnt a good idea. So now you think the girls imagine you are not worthy, and u start appologizing to make it all smoother, which makes u weaker in their eyes.

Read up. Get confidence, dont do this **** again.;)

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
you, my friend need to realize that you dont have DJ skills yet. First u need to let go of all the AFC left in you. Let go of the fear and then only will u realize your path.

YOu got intimidated by 2 hotties, so u started thinking about fvcking them and tried to make a good impression and thinking of the stuff to saym only to realize that it wasnt a good idea. So now you think the girls imagine you are not worthy, and u start appologizing to make it all smoother, which makes u weaker in their eyes.

Read up. Get confidence, dont do this **** again.;)
DAMMIT i was just gonna say that

you have read things but not applied them yet

it all starts with taking small steps

then it becomes more natural, and what you have practiced become skills

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but...Did you wack off right before this outing? :D

This may be the cause of your imediate loss of confidence.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuSHI
This might be a stupid question but...Did you wack off right before this outing? :D

This may be the cause of your imediate loss of confidence.
This isn't needed when you build up your own attitude and drop using tips from sosuave as 'techniques'.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should just stay at home and wack it mad, who needs going out when confidence raises right in your pants?