Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #4

Ronin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I had a good week. Even though I didn't get much time to practice my skills I still feel that it's helped me a great deal.

thurs:
Went out to dinner with a friend and one of her friends. I was waiting outseid for them and this fair looking (7.5ish) blonde walks by so I say where are u going? so anyways we chatted and I got her #. Later on the girl and her friend stopped by. i decided to just practice my Dj skills on her friend all night and went for the number at the end of the night just for fun. Got it. Which is good but not for this assignment.

Sat:
Saw a brunette that was waiting for someone outside of a cofee shop. She wasent great looking (7.5) but i decided to have some fun and approach her anyways.
So i did and she seemed kinda cold..so i aborted and didn't even bother going for the #.

Sun:
Went shopping at the mall and walked into Buffalo (where all the good looking girls work). SO I'm checkin out this shirt and this girl walks up and u know is all friendly and everything and she knew my name. She said that she had met me at a party a while ago and I clued in. So anyways I got her to show me some stuff that she thought would look good on me and she kept on giving me lines like "everything looks good on u". then she walked me to the changeroom and asked if she could watch me change and then she walked off and winked at me. She was harsh usein Kino and I was also returning the favor. she's liek is there anything else u wanna try, and i was like 'yeah get me that shirt from the top rack up there (on the top rack like 10 feet up). And so she gets it down for me and I look at it and I'm like 'nah i got one like it'. Shes like 'why did u make me get it then'. And I was like "I just wanted to see u reach up there". heh so things were goin good. i went and payed for the clothes and went back over and was like " i got things to do so I gotta run'. Shes like " u should stop by here more often, come by and see me again" and she gave me a hug. So I went for the # and she was like " I'm not allowed to give out my # at work and my boss is right there but get it from my friend.' SO I don't know if that was a rejection or not.

Oveall a good weekend but I just wish that I could have gotten more time to get some rejections in during the week. Ah well. Still a fun confidence builder. hey and give me ur opinion. Did I get rejected on the last one or should I Get her # from her friend? (i'm thinkin not).

Here's this week's totals:
* 2 Numbers
* 2 rejections
( one questionable rejection/number)

Sean

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellow recruits,

I hope you had a wonderful and productive weekend!!!

Let's see, here's my scorecard so far...

10 approaches
5 rejections
3 numbers
2 wimping out

My favorite rejection was yesterday when I was at the movies with my brother.

I was walking by, and two girls who worked at the theater were talking to each other over whether a third girl they saw walking by them is a friend of theirs names Rachel.

I look around, and see that this girl they're talking about is HOT! I yell at the top of my voice, "Rachel!!"

She turns around, but so does everyone else. I approach her, and it turns out that she's not Rachel. I explain to her the situation with the two workers, and she laughs.

The movie was about to begin, so I tell her that I have to be getting to the theater, but that it was fun talking with her, and that we should exchange numbers and get together later. She thanks me, but tells me that she's here with her bf.

I didn't even bother with a bf destroyer, as I normally would have, since I was just happy to have another rejection!

Now, I have to be honest, and say that this week's lesson was a bit more difficult than I had planned. And judging from the results other DJs have acquired, I think that it would be appropriate to extend this week's lesson for another week. This way we can all have time to go out and get those ten rejection.

So unless anyone here has any objections, we'll continue week #4 until next Sunday, at which point I'll post week #5. I really believe that this week's lesson is very important, and that we all need to get the 10 rejections. But if you disagree, just let me know.

As for some of your comments...

Komodo,

Well, at this point in the Boot Camp, having a car is pretty much a non-issue. You can approach girls anywhere you see them, or if you want to be in a specific place, just take a bus to that destination.

As far as going out to date the girls... well, how have you been getting along up to this point?

El MonoLoco,

"I did get a date with this one chick.Funny thing is I totally forgot to get her #.Shoot I can't even remember if I know her name? Woops! "

lol =) yeah, that's happened once to me before. Oh well.

mistyc,

"Had 4 conversations with strangers in the space of 20 minutes (wow!! a first, for me)."

Congratulations!!! (I'm having a beer in your name
)

Vegas Playa,

I could just imagine that situation... lol! I think for our purposes here, that would be considered one of your rejections. Congratulations!

As for the pickup lines, dude... I want to get a rejection, not get slapped silly. =)

Xaneus,

Keep up with the great work... and beware of jailbait!

Centaur,

"Today, though is when it really hit. I mean I was macking my ass off today--I must've talked to about 10--12 attractive women today, which, for me, is akin to the whole feeding the two fish to the whole multitude thing."

That's what I LOVE to hear!!! Great job!

"At some point she told me she had a boyfriend, and I simply laughed at her and looked her in the eyes and said, "so when is the wedding?" And she was like "naw, it ain't like that." (Boom!!!!)--I later got her business car."

Good job overcoming the objection!

"We'll see how I can channel this into job-adation."

Confidence and success in one area breeds confidence and success in other areas, so don't be surprised if this helps you in acquiring a job.

Overall, you're doing great!

aznbreakerjrey,

Dude, you're actually doing wonderful! Think about it... you've acquired half of your rejections, plus now you know what you need to improve... you've accomplished two goals at the same time!!!

Thrillseeker,

Great job, 7 rejections!!! Only three more to go, and you're there!

BTW, I like the "smart a$$" types also! There's just something about having to be on your toes that adds more excitement to the whole thing.

Ronin,

Hey, you may not have gotten all the rejections you wanted, but it looks like you got tons of practice down with your other DJ skills!

As for the questionable rejection, that's more subjective. I'll let it be your call.

Well guys, keep up the absolutely fantastic work!!! We now have an extra week to get those ten rejections, so let's go out there and GET REJECTED!!!

Also, I really want to commend all of you for writing about your experiences in such vivid detail. I can visualize the whole scenario as you're describing it!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you" - Master of the Universe

"You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways." - Lan Mandragoran, The Wheel of Time

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one extra week? Great, gonna give me some time to continue catching up
)

Vegas Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra week, MoTu. You're not such a heartless drill sergeant after all!

Went to four stores this evening to stock up on supplies for my DJ Bathroom and troll for HBs. Thought I would be out of luck tonight when I saw this exotic Asian cashier at the bookstore. Decided to buy a newspaper and approach her station.

Me: What's your name?

Her: Kathleen (rings up my purchase).

Me: I'm Vegas.

Kathleen: Hi Vegas. Do you receive our e-mail newsletter?

Me: What does that entail?

Kathleen: I just need your e-mail address

Me: (give her some bullshyt address). And how do I get a hold of YOU?

Kathleen: (smiles) uhh...here? I'm sorry, I don't give out my number.

Me: In that case, why don't we trade?

Kathleeen: Sorry. I'm not dating right now, and I'm not interested.

Me: Wow, a straight answer from a woman! Now I like you even more! Oh well, have a good night!

Yo, I don't know about you guys, but I've smiled every time I've been rejected this past week because, I can't wait to get home and post about it. Are you guys experiencing the same thing? If so, we must be confusing the fvck out of a lot of women!

Here's my scorecard thus far:

5 approaches (in the past 5 days)

4 rejections (now that the jailbait issue has been resolved)

1 phone number

---------------------------------------------
"Fear and fatigue block the mind. Face both, then courage and confidence flow into you." B.K.S. Iyengar

[This message has been edited by Vegas Playa (edited 05-20-2002).]

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vegas Playa:
Kathleeen: Sorry. I'm not dating right now, and I'm not interested.
How about trying Pook's response to that:

"So if you're not looking to date or a relationship, what you're looking for is just sex, right?" Then perhaps follow with telling about how men want relationships, but all women seem to want is sex, sex, sex and more sex

NormalGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vegas said
Yo, I don't know about you guys, but I've smiled every time I've been rejected this past week because, I can't wait to get home and post about it. Are you guys experiencing the same thing? If so, we must be confusing the fvck out of a lot of women!
I like your attitude, dewd!
The rejections that I was getting were beggining to wear on me. I've been aiming for at least 1 rejection a day now. Definitely it's gotten easier for me, and your post, just now gives me a good boost of confidence to continue on with the training. Tommorrow I have a several prospects that I'm hoping to scope out.

1. Cute girl who works at the lottery tickets booth at the mall.

2. Girl I recognized back from highshcool, who I haven't spoken to in over 5 years, know works at a supermarket that I sometimes go to.

3. Another girl working at a movie theater.

Here's a quick story of how I pooched screwed the initial approach a couple of days ago when I went there to watch star wars. Went up to the counter to get my ticket and on impulse I smiled at her (I try to make a point of smiling at all the chicks I see, just to see if I get any buy signals from them). I was caught by surprise when she returned the smile because typically most service workers are too bored or tired of their jobs to put the effort into it. I wanted to say something right then but there was a lineup behind me and the movie was about to start so I said thanx and went on my merry way. I'm hoping to go back tommorrow and see if I can talk to her when I watch spiderman.

Funny thing is that at this same theater there was this totally different chick, back in my pre-dj days. I was watching blackhawk down at the time, and during the middle of the movie I had to go the washroom, so I went and outside of the theater I bumped into this chick working there, as she was sweeping the floor. I was in a good mood so I smiled at her and didn't think anything of it when she didn't return the smile. Near the end of the movie I realized that I was going to miss an appt that I had if i didn't leave right away, so I got up and proceeded to leave. On the way out the door I passed by the food counter where this chick was, and was halfway out the door when she asked me why I was leaving. Then she asked me what I though of the movie, and I told her it was good cept I had to go. Stupid me, didn't realize that this was a golden oppurtunity to get her number, because she was the one who had initiated the convo.

Live and learn. On with the rejections, and hopefully some numbers, heh

[This message has been edited by NormalGuy (edited 05-22-2002).]

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vegas Playa,

Your post really motivated me. When I read it, it was pretty late at night, and I had been working the entire day. Even though I was looking forward to going home and rest, I decided the hell with it, and went out to get another rejection.

I had to go to to Wal-Mart since that was the only place I could think of that was open at the time.

I asked the cashier for her number. She was obviously flattered, but was married. Hmm... guess I didn't notice the ring.

And yup, I am in total agreement with you. I actually look forward to getting rejected, since I can come back here and post about it! =)

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you" - Master of the Universe

"You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways." - Lan Mandragoran, The Wheel of Time

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only one conversation today, not with a complete stranger but with a nice-looking blonde I hadn't talked to in 2 years (I had been kinda ignoring her, I was such an AFC hehe...).

She stepped in the bus, probably noticed me and remembered that I just ignore her, but I was looking at her and smiling, so she came by and we started talking (conversation skills still at mediocre though
)...

Interesting thing was the mirroring (she probably did unconsciously but I noticed it).. We were sitting on 2 different seats, so I got near the edge of mine, and she went near the edge of hers.. Then I leaned a little bit and she did too.

And when I got off the bus I noticed she was looking at me afterwards (and quickly looked away when I was looking inside the bus
)

Too bad (for her!) she smokes, she won't get to know the new me as well as the legions of non-smokers waiting for me out there

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mistyc:

Too bad (for her!) she smokes, she won't get to know the new me as well as the legions of non-smokers waiting for me out there
whats wrong with smokers? if u like her enough why cant u disregard the fact she smokes

------------------
pain is weakness leaving the body

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by future marine:
whats wrong with smokers? if u like her enough why cant u disregard the fact she smokes

In general, people who smoke:

1) stink
2) have yellow teeth or bad breath
3) smoke in my presence and give my poor lungs (asthma!) lots of problems. and if they don't smoke in my presence, go back to #1

NormalGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, another number!!!

Hehe, went to the theater to watch spiderman today, but really with the premise to get the digits of this cute chick I saw working there a couple of months back.

Tried to approach before the movie began but there were some people in front of me buying their popcorn and stuff. But I noticed her checking me out a bit
, even as she was serving these other customers. Caught a couple of her glances while waiting, but didn't really know what to make of the situation just yet. Went into the movie theater and watched the movie for a bit, and then snuck out about 1/2 hour into it, and saw her at the counter alone. Made the approach with a smile and lots of eye contact, she returned a smile, albeit it was weak. Still had no idea, what to make of her.

Went into convo mode. Had a bit of a chat about the movie, and what type of drinks were good. She let me sample some of the different fountain drinks they had, and definitely seemed to be getting friendlier. I bought a drink and then had to get back to movie.

Waited another half hour and went out with the intention of getting her number, but her manager was there yakking it up with her, which effectively c0ckbl0cked me. Walked by them as I went to the can and I could hear this guy just going on and on about this girl he was presumably dating.

Waited until the near the end and then went out and found yet another coworker at the counter with her, and seeing as I didn't feel confident enough to get her number with the other person there I had to make a lame excuse of buying some popcorn.

I think she kinda knew what was up with my coming and going though.

As soon as the movie ended I ran out and saw her at the counter making popcorn, and decided now or never, went in and said this

Me: Hey, you got a minute, wanted to talk to ya for a bit

Her: looking at me strangely. Yah

me: awkward moment, Hey my name is NormalGuy, (stick out my hand)

her: takes my hand and shakes it.

me: hey it was nice talking to you before, maybe we can talk some more later, you got a number. (moment of truth, as I interpreted everything prior to this as a signal to buy!)

her: slight pause, then smiles and says, okay, writes down the number on a piece of paper that i give her, and then tells me not to forget her name! hehe, like i could.

me: ran out of there like a bat from hell.

whew, it was intense, okay next move for me is to wait upwards of 3-7 days, and then call her to make a date, preferably an action type?

Vegas Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the props, Normal Guy and MoTu!

I wasn't purposely trying to give you guys a boost in my last post, but I'm glad you found it inspiring nevertheless.

In that same vein, then, let me share with some more thoughts about this rejection process that I've used to motivate myself. Take what you can use:

There is absolutely NOTHING to lose in making the approach and asking the woman for the digits. Here's why:

First, each rejection gets you closer to the current DJ Bootcamp goal. Think of how good you will feel when you finally get to rejection #10!

Second, as MoTu said when he first introduced the exercise, each rejection contributes to the build up "calluses" that will make future rejections that much easier.

Third, as I mentioned before, when facing the prospect of getting rejected, think about how good it will feel to come back to the Discussion Forum and post about it. And the more awkward and lame your approach was, the funnier story it is going to be in retrospect!

Fourth, as 2nd Tour points out in the must-read article originally cited by Dr. Feelgood,
http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/013655.html

rejection is not something to be avoided but something to be EMBRACED. Rejections are deposits in the "sex bank", as it were. Collect a certain amount of nos and you will eventually get to the yesses---especially as you start radiating more confidence and courage as you not only become desensitized to rejection, but learn to accept it.

In consideration of the above, my fellow DJs, MAKING THE APPROACH IS A WIN/WIN SITUATION! No matter what happens, you are sure to benefit by going for it-- for you will either get a yes, which is a win, or you will get a no, and derive all of the benefits mentioned above--also a win!

Lastly, let me share a visual with you that I've found helpful. When my fears start to hold me back, I sometimes imagine myself as Maximus in the opening scene of "Gladiator", and my fears as the Germanians. Then I say to myself "On my signal, UNLEASH HELL!" and trounce those m--fing fears by confronting them head on.

That's my $0.02 for now. Hope that helps!

--------------------------
"Fear and fatigue block the mind. Face both, then courage and confidence flow into you." B.K.S. Iyengar

[This message has been edited by Vegas Playa (edited 05-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Vegas Playa (edited 05-23-2002).]

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Vegas Playa!

I'll use that Gladiator trick (I love this movie so much I probably know half the dialog by heart
ok I exaggerate a little.. maybe I know half the music by heart
)

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well. I knew about the DJ boot camp at week 2 but ive had exams so i havent been able to really start yet. Anyways i made a post about wanting to change this summer. you can find it here - http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/015046.html -
Basically want to use this summer as a DJ boot camp so that im a new person by the time i return to school. Master do you have an AIM SN so i can talk to you on that? Im not sure who i should talk to about the assignments since im entering in so late.. and you guys are way ahead of me.

Centaur

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up fellows...

So, I want to first say thanks to MOTU, because he was right about chanelling the confidence and success I recieved from this weeks assignment into getting a job. I actually got a sales job, where I accost women on the street and sell them items for a hair salon on 5th Ave (a job I would not have even considered had I not embarked upon the DJ bootcamp). So a big boo-yah!!! to MOTU...
Because this job requires that I approach beautiful women in various locations all day, I no longer harbor any apprehensions about talking to women--I'm completely cured of my old AFC mentality that something bad will happen if you talk to pretty girls on the street...
Furthermore, if a girl's not interested in the sale, and if I so desire, I switch the conversation to mack mode. In some sense, it's always a potentially win-win situation.
I do have a question, and I don't know if it's altogether relevant to the discussion forum, but I would like to find better ways of closing my sales pitch. I can get women interested in the product, but when they learn that they have to pay me right then and there, I tend to lose them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can destroy this resistance...? Perhaps, there is a similar strategy in macking the close with a women, that can me revamped into getting women beyond their reluctance in closing the sales deal.....I know it's a tricky one but I thought it wouldn't hurt to just throw it out there...

peace,

Centaur

DJ Red

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another good rejection day!

Another job interview for me. This was a group style interview with small portions alone with the guy befor and after.

I'm sitting there early, and a black cutie sits down next to me. So I ignore her a little while, then turn like I'm seeing her for the first time. I strike up a conversation, we talk about the job, where she's from, etc. I go for the close, and get rejected. Stunned me as for the reason though. I was rejected because I am white. Shocked the hell out of me. I had nothing for a comeback for it. Between the statement itself, and her honestly, I didn't have a prayer. Ideas on thos one?

Anyway, I move on and talk to another girl. Talked about where we grew up, small towns vs. cities, and then she mentions her b/f. Since I'm going for rejections, I backed off.

Here comes the best part though. During the group part of the interview, the speaker was testing our eye contact. I watched him looking around, and I watched other people's eyes fall. He had to break off of me. Twice. Poor guy. I almost feel bad for him... Almost. I did get the job though <smirk>.

Damn, it feels good to be a DJ.

------------------
Red - DJ in the making.

Life is like dancing. Some like to swing, tango, or waltz. Some like to sit idle on the sidelines and watch.
Don't be that guy. Get your butt on the dancefloor.

"When we're incomplete, we're always searching for someone to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with someone more promising. This can go on and on - series polygamy - until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude outselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter."
Tom Robbins - Still Life With Woodpecker

Ralph Bellamy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Red:
Another good rejection day!

I'm sitting there early, and a black cutie sits down next to me. So I ignore her a little while, then turn like I'm seeing her for the first time. I strike up a conversation, we talk about the job, where she's from, etc. I go for the close, and get rejected. Stunned me as for the reason though. I was rejected because I am white. Shocked the hell out of me. I had nothing for a comeback for it.
Good question. I only asked out two black women in my life and they both shot me down, but race wasn't a factor either time.

Do you feel you could still get anywhere with her? Did you ask if anyone else white had ever hit on her before? Just register surprise and ask if she, personally, has a problem with it (dating, or white people in general), or is it a matter of thinking family might not approve or something like that. (Then ask her if she's *ever* dated anyone who she didn't catch flack about.) If she's that insistent then say, "I guess I thought you were open-minded and classy. Fortunately I'm only wrong twice a year and I should be good now 'til New Year's Eve."

Vegas Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't make any approaches today; just didn't see any good opportunities.

I got rejected nevertheless, however, by the woman whose number I got last week at a bar. This occurred as I called her up today (Thursday) to invite her to join me for a drink after work on Friday, to which she replied:

Her: No, I can't. My boyfriend is coming in for the long weekend.

Me: Your BOYFRIEND is coming into town? I didn't know you had a boyfriend!

Her: Yeah, he's flying in from Seattle. I live in Seattle, too.

Me: (Doing my best Columbo impersonation). Uhhh..so let me get this straight here. You work in Las Vegas, but you live in Seattle, is that what you are telling me? Jesus, the commute must be murder!

Her: Uhhh...well, I don't actually live in Seattle. I'm planning to move there, however.

Me: Now I'm REALLY confused by this story! Whatever...(he says as he hangs up and rips up her number)

What did she think I wanted her number for---to discuss the series finale of Ally McBeal? Or, more likely, she probably just wanted to pimp some free drinks and meals off me on those weekends that her boyfriend wasn't in town.

Ah, the sweet mysteries of women! I'm not fazed though, because I am building progressively larger calluses against rejection and, just as important, I've learned to NEVER take anything a woman does or says personally!