Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #3

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaur:

I realized that I didn't really know which one I wanted to focus on, and the thought of standing there in front of all that foreign estrogen without a plan intimidated me (here was the time when I needed my boyz more for back-up).
Good work Centaur!

And you did well to not approach without a plan... It's been alluded to here and there in Doc Love's articles and in the DJB that you should always have a plan.

TheRockStar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i have been trying to get out and do this but i think it will have to wait untill next week because as of right now my finals start tomorrow and i also have a middle ear infection to deal with. my life sounds fun doesnt it. oh well it will go away. but it looks like the rest of you are doing well.

------------------
Got a drum life?

"No little perv bull**** is gonna work with this one, you gotta play it smooth, be Don Juan de la Nootch"- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
And you did well to not approach without a plan... It's been alluded to here and there in Doc Love's articles and in the DJB that you should always have a plan.
If there is one thing I have learned here then it it: "Go for it", don't plan the things, but just Go for it.
Otherwise stuff like the 3 seconds rule would have no use at all.
You should always be prepared that's right, but you never have to "plan" things if you e.g. see some chicks ....... but just go for it.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Challenger:
If there is one thing I have learned here then it it: "Go for it", don't plan the things, but just Go for it.
Otherwise stuff like the 3 seconds rule would have no use at all.
You should always be prepared that's right, but you never have to "plan" things if you e.g. see some chicks ....... but just go for it.
even with the 3s rule and all, it never hurts to have a plan. I'm not saying oh when you see a chick spend 20 minutes making up a plan.

But think about it.. Using wingmen, using the 70/30% conversation rule, closing for the number, etc are all parts of what could be considered a plan hm?

Ralph Bellamy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey just a word to say I am still here and still in the program. My work schedule has been the only thing keeping me from the 10 women goal so far...right now I am up to 7. Actually, talking to women right out of the blue (as long as I can think of something to talk about) has never really been a problem for me, even to the perfect 10's. My problem is I have trouble closing for the date. That's where I hope to pick up some pointers.

the-king

Don Juan
Reaction score
hello everyone,

I am happy and having a lot of fun.
This exercices are excellent.
I am 19 years old,tall,looking great.In the past,The most beautiful girls always looked at me in school but i never done anything about it.I never just walk to someone and said hello .
You can imagine yourself then when i return home i eat myself from inside why i didnt talk to this hot blond french girl who was all the time looking at me.So i didnt have many friends like i wanted,maybe one or two.But that's now history.
I just begin last week practicing.everyday i say hello to everyone.Most of them said hello back.I noticed that the girls stopped to talk to me but i continued to walk.
About the conversations i see i am successful too.In litterature lesson there is a nice girl.i wanted to practice my conversation skills.So i said hello,and i talked to her.i asked questions, looked her in the eyes and smiled.I think i made her feel better about herself,later she came back to continue talking to me .I talked to her 10 minutes.Then i was having conversations with other people who study in my class.Now i just have to talk to the girls i want to date and have a converstion 2-10 minutes.

I am happy to join you all guys and hope to know people from this site .

Adam

KnightErrant

Don Juan
Reaction score

Way behind on the DJ bootcamp
but perservering in week3 with 2 convo with hot dateable women down.

Started new job spoke to 2 hb's that work in the typing pool, chatted up one of the serving girls at a cafe.

Spoke to a group of girls (3) about dancing and showed them a few moves

Spoke to 1 fine as women when buyig new shoes even did a bit of ****y + funny.
Interesting note: First black chick I've found sexually attractive; go figure.

Spoke to shoe sales assistant(another store)
asked bout her interests among other things spoke for a good 15 mins could of gone for the number close but chickened out at the last minute. Displayed buying signals,

Is it me or does this stuff just get easier to spot ?

Mission accomplished!

[This message has been edited by KnightErrant (edited 07-07-2002).]

KnightErrant

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumpity-bump

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NormalGuy:
crash and burn

I made the fatal mistake of not smiling and waving first. I find it really difficult to get a girl's attention, most girls that I find attractive I usually try to elicit eye contact with them, but it's harder (next to impossible?) in places like malls, which is where I work. They might glance for a moment and then look away b4 I even get a chance to smile. And usually it doesn't mean anything a glance at a person.
Today I was really determined to go through with this today and try and meet at least one girl. So I was in a starbucks and I noticed this cute girl who had ordered a drink ahead of me.
Initially I never made the eye contact and the smile, because I didn't think I was going to do anything with her. It was really my first time at trying to pick up a girl. As I was about to leave, before even trying anything I made a last minute save and instead of heading out the door I walked up to her table and asked her if the seat was taken. Seeing as there were plenty of other tables not taken, it was pretty damn obvious why I wanted that seat.

I sit down and proceed to introduce myself and try to make up for the initial faux paus of not getting her attention first with the eye contact/smile combo, by smiling at this point. I say hi, introduce myself and extend my hand for a handshake but she didn't make a move to shake it because she was too busy scratching one of these bingo lottery tickets. Ouch that hurt. I sit for a while and sip my drink waiting for her to offer her name, a good 5 seconds go by, like the longest five seconds of my life. I ask her if she has a name, she glances up a moment to say her name is emily before going right back to scratching that damned ticket. Seeing as I made it this far, and being as this is the first attempt in my whole entire life at picking up a woman, I decide wtf, let's just go all the way with this. I sit there and try to start a convo with her and ask her why she's there, and she says this,

I came with my nephew, I'm waiting to pick him up from the dentists office.

At this point the tension has frayed my nerves to a breaking point and I'm at a loss to follow up on that. Desperate to remember even one thing from that convo thread that was posted in this forum Im forced to bail and tell her it was nice meeting her and walk (more like run out the door) and get the hell outta that freezer. if you ask me,
It was a f*ckin cold day in hell.

I'm not feeling too good about that right now. Really feel like a complete jackass. They say
"whatever doesn't kill you will only make you stronger."

Um, why do I feel pretty weak right now.
Wow thats must be her lucky day, I bet she won something for that damn ticket =DDD

Also, I think you gotta think to yourself at THAT time "I'm funny, I'm cool" that would help you come up with something funny and ****y to tell her to crack her up. Try to see the hilarious things in every situations.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok.. If you've been reading my "quest" threads... It's now becoming more and more easy to approach girls! yay!

Will go to malls and just have a blast talking to every girl.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also.. Has anyone noticed that the hot babes are usually the nicest, when you just approach for conversation or when it's not obvious at all you're hitting on them? That alone should be enough to stop fearing them

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bump... got to get ready for advanced boot camp!

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3

Not much to add in light of last week's adventure.

I'm not having much luck with smiling and waving. I dunno, I do most of my approaches on a college campus where girls seem oblivious to anything that isn't jumping up and down in front of them.

I've never tried "smiling and waving" before and I didn't see many opportunities to attempt it. It seems that waving is more of a possibility when girls are actively checking YOU out, which implies that your looks are enough to put you over with most women in the first place.

For those of us hurting in the looks category despite our best efforts, I have not been able to convince myself that waving is a useful technique.

-----------

In other news, I am realizing that I am still sarging the same group of girls I sarged three years ago and that I am not being received as well as before.

I'm not a big party-goer, never was, and that cuts down the number of opportunities I have to meet and attract receptive girls. The bichshield is really something when these chicks are sober.

I think part of the reason I could get by before with my eliciting values/SS routine was because I fit in better with the college kids and most of the girls I was meeting heard of me or knew of me somehow before I approached them (I was involved with a lot of stuff as an ug). They had a reason to be interested in me before I could say "Hi" to them.

I realize now that "eliciting values" via asking open-ended questions, finding out what SHE is looking for, and reciting it back to her (with or without the SS) WILL NOT CUT IT any more. It's no wonder I've been reading a lot of Juggler lately and waiting for his book to hit the market. I'm not sure if this is the place to discuss Juggler but seeing he has recently joined the forum and many of you know about him, I'll point out that I am paying particularly close attention to his ideas and the ideas of individuals who he claims have influenced him.

I think that getting used to chatting with strangers IN AND OF ITSELF is very useful, particularly if you're someone like me who is getting over tremendous social anxiety. However, success with sober chicks (could mean closing or even contact closing) is not only contingent upon you approaching them, but also contingent upon what kind of vibe you give or how interesting you come across. When I'm approaching these younger girls, they don't know me from Adam. I'm not Brad Pitt either, so if they're gonna open up to me or wanna do anything with me, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DEMONSTATE VALUE as opposed to trying to elicit and regurgitate it. These girls WANT to be the followers and not the leaders.

big BUT

My life isn't very interesting and I feel that I convey that even when I try to hype things up... for instance, I seem to always include in my approaches that I live near a beautiful pond where the water is crystal clear and just perfect for swimming... I mean, it's true and I'm looking forward to spending some time in there in a couple of weeks (hopefullly not alone) ... but apparently, college girls couldn't give a fvck about whether or not I live by a pond... even if people go skinny dipping there at night... even if it's near all sorts of trails in a very woodsy area. Even if Brad Pitt himself swam there... it seems NOTHING will get them interested in this story.

I can also tell them the story of my friend, who lives in a giant one room appartment with only a couch, a coffee table, and a jar of pickles... this is another true story and if I tell it just right, the other person has a good laugh. But most of these young, college girls seem to have disqualified me before I can even get to this.

Three years ago, instead of ejecting I'd be saying "bla bla instantaneous yadda yadda go inside yourself and bla bla BeLOW ME!"

But these days...

It's like most of these girls don't know how to have a conversation with anyone over the age of twenty-one, so I find myself compensating by doing a lot of the talking... it's just that either I'm not confident enough or they aren't used to being approached confidentLY, but the "exchange" starts to get awkward and I stop looking at the girl in front of me as an interesting person and start looking at her like she's a piece of meat with a bichshield and asd to surmount... not good. If I had surgery on my face or my legs grew another four inches... OR if I improved my dress and hairstyle even more and lead an interesting life that allowed me to radiate confidence and excitement, maybe I'd get further.

I'll keep you posted.

See you next week

DWK

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old are you, Kenobi? I similar problems from time-to-time, I wouldn't read that deep into it. I could be wrong, though.

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I similar problems from time-to-time, I wouldn't read that deep into it.
I tend to read into everything to this extent and I often wonder if it is helpful. I'm in my early twenties and certainly don't look too much older than your typical college student but I've always felt that college just wasn't my crowd despite the fact I don't find girls that hot elsewhere.

DWK

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To the Archive.