Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ditch body weight conditioning for heavier weights?

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so now I'm facing a dilemma on a program I just started out on, Vince Delmonte's No Nonsense Muscle building program to be exact.

Currently I am following a body weight conditioning program in his program prior to heavy weight lifting for muscle mass. People have told me to ditch the whole body weight conditioning program and just dive into the serious stuff.

There are some concerns of mine I should raise that have put me in this dilemma.

1. The BWC program targets the weak points of the body to prepare it for proper lifting in the comin weeks. Promotes good form.
2. I weigh 100lbs and new in this program. I'm afraid that going straight into the heavy stuff would imbalance my body (stronger in my right side) so BWC attempts to balance the body for proper development in later stages.
3. Without proper form I will surely mess my own body up and probably can't achieve my goal by december of 130lbs.
4. A concern raised to me was that this program would end up burning out the muscles I am trying to bulk. (20-25mins of high intensity workout was recommended but I was taking 1 hour to complete the whole routine and it was pretty intense.)

Suggestions?

vwmaniac

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really weigh only 100lbs you shouldn't jump right into a heavy lifting program. Especially since you're taking double the time to do it. A good friend of mine has a lot of trouble putting on muscle, it's just his body type (probably similar to yours). He started out lifting/bulking up but within his limits, and researched what kind of diet and calorie intake for his specific situation. It took him a while, but after two years he's gone from 120lbs to 165lbs and when he took a break only dropped down to around 150-155lbs. So don't get discouraged, do some research, make a plan, and don't exhaust yourself before you are ready. The gains will come and you'll be proud of it.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We need more information.

What is your age? Height? Training history? Goals? What's your diet like?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need any BWC as a 100lb male.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konada said:
1. The BWC program targets the weak points of the body to prepare it for proper lifting in the comin weeks. Promotes good form.
Why does everyone have this bizarre fetish for overcomplicating things? Wouldn't the best way to promote good form be to simply do the exercises you're trying to learn?

Start with the bar. Add 5 lbs each time you train. Now you're getting stronger and learning the correct form at the same time, and not wasting time with this retarded broscience.

2. I weigh 100lbs and new in this program. I'm afraid that going straight into the heavy stuff would imbalance my body (stronger in my right side) so BWC attempts to balance the body for proper development in later stages.
3. Without proper form I will surely mess my own body up and probably can't achieve my goal by december of 130lbs.
4. A concern raised to me was that this program would end up burning out the muscles I am trying to bulk. (20-25mins of high intensity workout was recommended but I was taking 1 hour to complete the whole routine and it was pretty intense.)
More broscience. You weigh 100 lbs. You don't need to worry about imbalances, targeting weak points, or "burning out" your muscles. You just need to put a bar on your back and bend your knees. Then go eat everything you see.

Throw that **** away, get a copy of Starting Strength, read it and apply it.

Joe

Reaction score
Fuglydude said:

Hi Konada,
It will be difficult for everyone to suggest you anything before getting these informations. Reply at your earliest so we will guide you accordingly.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:

Currently I'm 18 and stand at 5 foot 6. Never really done any serious lifting and my goal is to bulk up to 130lbs by December.

Currently my diet is a total mess due to my school curriculum. Breaks alloted are very inconsistent (which means I may go over 4 hours without food, usually range from 1 - 3 breaks per day.)

However, I do my best to eat the right foods in school.

Breakfast: Tuna Sandwich + Egg Sandwich and a packet of Milo
Meal 2: Grilled Chicken Chop/Grilled Steak + 2 Portions of mashed potato
Meal 3: High Carb diet with Salmon (might ask for more from the vendor next time)
Meal 4: Noodles
Dinner: Whatever my mom cooks, usually consists of 1 red meat/chicken dish, 1 veg dish and fish/eggs.
Supper: Planning to go with 2 cups (250ml) of full creamed milk + weight gain powder.

On workout days I usually consume 1 cup of milk + powder pre workout. Water for hydration during workout and follow it up with dinner (see above).
Also to add, I lack variety in my school's food and those meals probably provide me with the most amount of carbs/protein that I need as compared to dinner only, preparing food before school may be considered but I find it inconvienient to stuff 3 meals worth of food into my already bulky bag.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Da Realist said:
The best way to train for something is to do it. Starting Strength is a good program, but I've had personal experience with this one when I got back to lifting weights:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

At your size, it will work pretty fast.
I have to add that the program does not only include bodyweight training but also free weights and compound exercises (deadlifts, split squat DB etc.) I'm getting the feeling that some people think I am doing workouts pertaining to my body weight only. Hope that clears things up.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're a prime candidate for Starting Strength + GOMAD. Since you're a novice and a 100lb 18 y.o male, there's no need to complicate anything. Lift big, eat big (twice what you're currently eating). That's all you need to do.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konada said:
I have to add that the program does not only include bodyweight training but also free weights and compound exercises (deadlifts, split squat DB etc.) I'm getting the feeling that some people think I am doing workouts pertaining to my body weight only. Hope that clears things up.
I know, but I was just saying that there isn't to much benefit to condition yourself for free weight before hand with body weight exercises since you can start off light to build your technique and endurance. Now understand I'm not ragging on bodyweight exercises since they give your body support, but you'll get your real power and strength from free weights.