Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dispelling the "stone age alpha" fiction

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm 4 years of stick and knife fighting enough for you kid? Kali and Silat. And yes I've trained karate and jujitsu they just seemed a bit incomplete. For example if you turn your back on a guy to do an arm or hip throw he can drop his weight down and knee you in the back of the leg or counter throw or punch to your kidney. Silat does hip throws from the side so you never turn your back on your opponent.

The old martial arts saying is a good big man will beat a good small man.

Of course stand off weapons r different. And yet I seem to see navy seals doing a hell of a lot of physical training....?

Last edited:

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm 4 years of stick and knife fighting enough for you kid? Kali and Silat. And yes I've trained karate and jujitsu they just seemed a bit incomplete. For example if you turn your back on a guy to do an arm or hip throw he can drop his weight down and knee you in the back of the leg or counter throw or punch to your kidney. Silat does hip throws from the side so you never turn your back on your opponent.

The old martial arts saying is a good big man will beat a good small man.

Of course stand off weapons r different. And yet I seem to see navy seals doing a hell of a lot of physical training....?
I like Kali and Silat :0 and Jujitsu ;)

Everyone should do massive physical training... every martial art should have conditioning as a prerequisite

You did Karate... so probably know about Okinawa Karate :p

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That s better. You seem like a really smart guy Von disrespecting the senpai didn't seem your style. You and I have joined in on enough martial arts posts that I knew you must have been poking the bear for s**** and giggles. Yeah a bit I trained goju for 3 years which I regard as one of the more useful karate styles. I Like how they leave dojo sparring open. Nobody cried if I threw in a hand trap or a leg tackle. Although they are very vulnerable to a Muay Thai leg kicks as they don't seem to train defences.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That s better. You seem like a really smart guy Von disrespecting the senpai didn't seem your style. You and I have joined in on enough martial arts posts that I knew you must have been poking the bear for s**** and giggles.
I am always down for an Alpha fight :)

Did Years of Muay Thai, Aikijutjisu and BJJ.

Can't wait to get back in Martial Arts once life gets in control... likely Judo, Boxing, Krav Maga, Muay Thai again... (to get the best of physical conditionning and selfdefense).

My former Muay Thai dojo had Kali and Silat... its also on my list (but too few school or courses in the city area still in 2018)

The path of the Alpha start by knowing good martial arts and being in physical shape :p
No matter how small you are... ;) be ready to take down the big guys

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things always move on. The younger generation is so damn physically big now that at 6 2 I practice small guy moves.

Asasione

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone actually adressed the issue?

Of course being a foot taller doesn't mean you will catch more ox, or build a better hut.

The issue is, can you beat the other men? The main fear for early human was as much tribe B locating your tribe, killing you and raping your wife repreatedly and killing your (and her) kids than a sabre toothed tiger.

I'm 240lb of mainly fat and 6'2. I've taken punches from men half my size, and there is something about frame size that makes those punches bounce off. I hear a hundred little guys waiting to tell me "I'll put you on your ass" and many will be true. However, attraction is more primal than that. You didn';t have your gym, steriods and MMA back then. We would have been about even training and diet wise. Who is going to win then?

However, I agree somewhat with OP because Alphas are, above all, leaders. We are a social species and a mans ability to lead others has little to do with his height (although it helps).

Men generally refused to be ruled as slaves from some meathead bully. This picture you roiders have of smashing pipsqueaks and getting their poon is a bit of a fantasy, because said pipsqueaks would finish you off at night in about 5 mins.

You have to trust your leaders. Real leaders lead by consent, not force. Even the most tyrannical dictators, you will find, are still fairly democratic on the inside of their organisatrion.

In fact,. the meatheads are generally first wave attackers. The real alkphas avoid that conflict.
You're arguing from the context of current times, which invalidates your argument when it comes to leaders. Current leaders use a myriad of social devices to assert their position. How would you assert your leadership with basic speech? Primitive humans aren't known for having lengthy conversations and speeches to rally anything, leaders were highly likely based on strength, experience and ability to gather resources. Too many assumptions are being made in the first place. How is this even relevant now? Whether it pervades the PUA community is irrelevant beyond the illustration it provides of the kinds of behaviors needed to be successful