Discussion: The Top 10 Reasons Why Very Intelligent Men Fail with Women

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe all of those things are true and not only to "intelligent men." In a nutshell, all of the problems are offsets of problem #6, LOGIC. Once a guy can get through his head that women do not have the same logical thought process as men, he will be on the right track.

Not saying that women aren't smart or logical, just different in how the relate to things. As David said, men are cut and dry, we keep things simple so we can efficiently get things done. To successfully interact with women, we need to understand the how's and what's and whys AS THEY SEE IT. Understand this will more than likely be completely different than your logical "This is the way that it should be or the way that it should work."

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
intelligence is useless without wisdom

the wise man does well with women.

the DJ is a wise man

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally disagree. He's not talking about smart or intelligent people; he's going on a stereotype of swats and highbrow intellectuals.

Intelligent guys DO accept they're wrong, because they know that learning is the essence of being smart. Arrogant guys are the ones who never accept they're wrong. There is a difference, and it's usually UNintelligent people who are most "blind and arrogant".

Smart guys aren't always socially inept as it takes a smart person to understand others, build rapport, adapt to different people in different situations.

The idea of intelligent men putting logic over emotion is stereotypical bullsh!t. Mathematicians and scientists may be guilty of this, but some of history's most intellgent artists, writers and musicians were driven by pure emotion, fantasy and passion.

They seek only informational solutions? Well, actually even intellectuals such as scientists and mathematicians carry out experiments and fieldwork, so the image of an intelligent person learning only from books is another stereotype.

You can also look at Leonardo Da Vinci, who is one of the most celebrated geniuses of all time, and also one of the most gifted seducers of all time too.

Smart people usually have time to THINK about things.
haha. Classic quote! Smart people usually have the same amount of time as not so smart people if they're in the same situation. Or does he think that smart people can induce Matrix-style bullet time??

As you can probably guess, I'm not a big David DeAngelo fan, and this is one of the reasons why. He makes too many prejudgements and draws on stereotypes, when I actually think he's a little out of touch with reality.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and why does he presuppose that very intelligent men DO fail with women? I see no evidence of this.

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think he did a great job writing that article. although, when he says "smart" people, does he mean the geeky, nerdy kids that wear computer software t-shirts and stuff?
cuz i think i'm smart- i got straight A's, but I am totally DJ!

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
I believe all of those things are true and not only to "intelligent men." In a nutshell, all of the problems are offsets of problem #6, LOGIC. Once a guy can get through his head that women do not have the same logical thought process as men, he will be on the right track.
I think tom cruise set the record straight in one of his lines in 'top gun'.

They were discussing tactic patterns in the sky when they were flying and what goose's 'tom cruise' strategy would be during a certain tactical maneuver.

His answer:

"If I were to think I would be dead"

It's all about gut emotions ... if you think about things then you've already lost that time you could have had to handle the situation properly.

It's the same concept with women, just go by the gut.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, Girls DO LIKE INTELLIGENT MEN. READ the FKKN article. What they don't like about Intelligent men is that some of them (like me) act very arrogant and don't seem to be agreeable/stubborn. Or that the intelligent man is way too serious or is too prideful of his ego.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
Well, Girls DO LIKE INTELLIGENT MEN. READ the FKKN article. What they don't like about Intelligent men is that some of them (like me) act very arrogant and don't seem to be agreeable/stubborn. Or that the intelligent man is way too serious or is too prideful of his ego.
That's why you have to mix alot of those prideful arrogent emotions with humour to create ****y/funny. It has the same effect, only doesn't piss the girl off in the long run.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rgeere
That's why you have to mix alot of those prideful arrogent emotions with humour to create ****y/funny. It has the same effect, only doesn't piss the girl off in the long run.
Or better yet, just don't go outta your way to show off your intelligence. A guy that can demonstrate that he's intelligent without going on and on about his high brow intellectual college major or career is gonna get a lotta chix.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A guy that can demonstrate that he's intelligent without going on and on about his high brow intellectual college major or career is gonna get a lotta chix.
Absolutely agree. This is quiet confidence and the most genuine and convincing kind.

sustainable007

Don Juan
Reaction score
This article is golden...Not only does it explain women....It also explains why there are so many idiots voting for W.....

dentalfloss

Don Juan
Reaction score
its easier to sell the double your dating system when off the bat you stroke the ego of the reader...it goes something like this "hey, you know you're different, you've never been able to put your finger on it, but you're better than anyone else, but you cant get chicks...this is how buddy, you can trust me cus i know youre smart"

edit - but i do believe 'intellectuals' do have harder times scoring chicks cus their personalities are more prone to analyzing things and also because they usually arent so masculine looking (i know cus i was a geek)

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I read the article, I got the idea he was targeting "smart" men rather than intelligent ones. As in, guys who think they are smart or are perhaps overconfident in their intelligence or arrogant about it.

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rgeere
I think tom cruise set the record straight in one of his lines in 'top gun'.

They were discussing tactic patterns in the sky when they were flying and what goose's 'tom cruise' strategy would be during a certain tactical maneuver.

His answer:

"If I were to think I would be dead"

It's all about gut emotions ... if you think about things then you've already lost that time you could have had to handle the situation properly.

It's the same concept with women, just go by the gut.
You should note that Maverick is talking about his training there, not just his feelings and gut.
A highly trained pilot will have drilled countless tactical manuevers and will automatically be able to react to a situation without thinking.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article boils down to 'men think, women feel'.

There is a lot of truth in this. Listen to how women talk and there's very little logical thought involved - its all about empathy (or anti-empathy), phatic communication and emotional bonding.

A prime example of this was a group of women I recently stayed with on holiday. Individually, they would talk with me about history, politics etc, but as a group, they only EVER talked about relationships, men etc.

Now the problem is, HOW do you speak with women on this level (its a different language to me) and SHOULD you do it anyway? Don't we risk appearing metrosexual or 'nice' if we do this?

FalconerRhine

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mostly agree. I watched many of my less intelligent friends score chicks consistently. Its easy to talk about something that you're an expert in, but its true that you have to tap into the emotions of your target. Talking about nuclear physics with a woman the first time you meet her isn't going to make her feel anything for you. She might think you're smart - but there will be no attraction. Its true that the ubiquitous statement on this site, that men think and then act and that women feel then act, is of extreme importance in your arsenal. This fact can not be ignored!

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfie
You should note that Maverick is talking about his training there, not just his feelings and gut.
A highly trained pilot will have drilled countless tactical manuevers and will automatically be able to react to a situation without thinking.
but that's what a DJ needs to do. try and try and try again, until he proves to himself that somethign works, and that he is good enough where he can react w/o thinking- and not sounding like a complete azzhole

gruby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Davinci didn't score much becaues he got that strong sexual-like pleasure from his work.

pimp in training

Don Juan
Reaction score
id just like to point out that there is research on different types of intelligence....ie, you could have a high mathematical intelligence but a low emotional intelligence, etc. i forget what all the types are, but it explains why the classic 'smart guy' isnt the best at everything and why 'ordinary guys' excel at other things....getting girls being one. so one thing id have to say is to work on your emotiona intelligence/social skills/understanding of feminine logic