"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Discard the internal filter

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
Hello ladies,

I like to call our concious our 'internal filter', we have ideas about something, like something to say/do, and then our internal filter decides wether we should do it or not. Now if i could completely destroy this internal filter i would, maybe my life wouldnt be as safe, but for ****s sake, im bored of safety and security. Our internal filter ussually tells us not to do something because either A) It hasnt seen anyone else do it, or B) If it has seen someone else do it, and it doesnt think were good as good as the people doing it. So thats why IMPROVING YOURSELF works, because it makes you think your good enough to try those things, but if A ever occurs, not matter how good you are you'll never do it.

Thats why discarding the ****er is just so much easier, its hard BUT SO MUCH FUN!

Embrace a life of change, insecurity, randomness and spontaneuity! If not just for one day!!

Tomorrow, will be your day without the inernal filter (A.K.A That gay little good guy above your right shoulder telling you 'not to do it cuz im a *****'), you will make some enemies, you will make some friends, you might get bashed, you might **** a HB, you might **** a mum or you might **** your dog (okay i hope you never come up with that idea in the first place, but you get the idea.)

When you wake up tomorrow morning, you will do the first thing you think of, wether its go to school, go for a walk, go for a jog, flog the dolphin, whatever. When you get to class you will do the first thing you think of, when you are talking you will say the first thing you think of, and you wont be scared.

All my life, ive been striving for something better, and improvement....

I have been working within the filter,

I banish the filter, it might not be whats best for me: But damn its fun.

Dont improve..... Evolve
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Heh... I would like to relate but... I lost my filter longgggggggg ago. I wouldn't go so far as to say do the first thing that comes to your mind because I would be in jail in 3 minutes. Just do something that won't get you into unecessary trouble (cussing out your teacher, pissing on your neighboors door...). Like... push back the limits. Jump off that slide you always wanted to but were afraid to do. Walk up to that shy chick that's been eyeing you for days and kiss her.

you get the drift.

Lik
 

Dapper Don

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
North Carolina
Nice. I'll have to work on my filter. And I see what you mean, without it I could basically do anything because it really is only me who's holding me back. There isn't some guy physically restraining me when I try to talk to that girl.
 

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
656
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Buffalo, NY
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Heh... I would like to relate but... I lost my filter longgggggggg ago. I wouldn't go so far as to say do the first thing that comes to your mind because I would be in jail in 3 minutes. Just do something that won't get you into unecessary trouble (cussing out your teacher, pissing on your neighboors door...). Like... push back the limits. Jump off that slide you always wanted to but were afraid to do. Walk up to that shy chick that's been eyeing you for days and kiss her.

you get the drift.

Lik
You lost you filter, and yet you dont do anything that comes to mind? Wow, not only are you stupid, but the last sentence you typed was a joke. Walk up to the shy girl and kiss her? Lol, you've never been that smooth, and you're not fooling anybody.

Sammo, its a good post - but understand that the filter serves a purpose. Your 'gut instinct' is your BEST tool to understanding what you cant see, hear, or touch. You see, your mind stores information with logs. That means it compresses that which is taken in by the senses, and allows a basic 'overvew' to be used. That gut feeling you get comes from when you weigh in all the factors that arent visible in the overview. Trust your instincts, or at least take them into consideration. Sure, approach that hottie... but don't go jumping off a 3rd story balcany.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
You're a funny funny guy. I'm stupid because I don't do the first thing that comes to mind... I see. I live in a society my friend, maybe you do not share that same pleasure. Living with other people means respecting other people. One day, you will understand that.

And thanks for giving a different example for what I said then claiming I'm retarded (Don't go jumping off the 3rd story balcony).

As for my last sentence, it's an example, I don't expect anyone to do it, it's just an example. Wether I did it or not is a) none of your business and b) Does not matter because I never claimed to have done it. So kindly, kindly, think before arguing and quit assuming I think I did it.

You obviously did not understand my post or I did not explain myself correctly because you posted what I said (or thought) in different words. Respect your filter but don't let it control you is what I meant to give out. Now, **** off.

Sorry for this crap in your post Sammo, but as you see, the crowd loves me.

Lik
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Heh... I wouldn't go so far as to say do the first thing that comes to your mind because I would be in jail in 3 minutes.
LOL...yeah, and people might think I had Terret syndrome or something if I completely lost my "filter."

I say just put your filter on a different "setting" that allows more spontaneity, but not absolute idiocy and craziness...
 

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7
Age
39
Originally posted by TonyTheTigerOI
Sammo, its a good post - but understand that the filter serves a purpose. Your 'gut instinct' is your BEST tool to understanding what you cant see, hear, or touch. You see, your mind stores information with logs. That means it compresses that which is taken in by the senses, and allows a basic 'overvew' to be used. That gut feeling you get comes from when you weigh in all the factors that arent visible in the overview. Trust your instincts, or at least take them into consideration. Sure, approach that hottie... but don't go jumping off a 3rd story balcany.
You've got a good point, but there are two things you're leaving out. One, our society has constructed our filters poorly. They teach us to believe that being a little risque with women under certain circumstances will have drastic results. Look at how the media screws things up.

The other thing is that it is based on instinct. That's fine when it comes to jumping off of buildings, but talking to your new neighbor probably won't result in something "dangerous," as some withheld people might tend to feel. People are overly scared to be social. How many people do you know that would say hi to someone on the street if they didn't know them? Most people don't like leaving their comfort zone any more than they have to, and that is what this post is about. Your point is completely valid, it just doesn't apply to everything

Good post sammo.
 
Last edited:

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Sammo: Excellent idea in encouraging our peers to push their boundaries to see what happens. But as always such a thing is excellent in theory, and yes... excellent in practice, but in the spirit of my current pragmatism (it happens every once and a while) not always prudent or practical. The reason why the internal filter was created in the first place... is because it is a response to our society's consequences for certain actions. I have wanted to maim people before... but my internal filter reminded me of that jail sentence. I have wanted to walk up to a random girl and grab her ass... but my internal filter reminded me of that slap and possible sexual harassment suit. So... this filter is not always the worse of things.

LikRetSam: However... such a filter is always a good thing to bend... but can never be broken. Unfortunately you have not lost your filter Lik, because we never do.. in fact, you will see that the older you get... the bigger it becomes. Because not only does society laden you with consequences... it also begins to laden you with responsibilites. So now... not only does your filter remind you of the consequences... it reminds you of your responsibilities.

Anthony: You sexy bully you... give the kids some oxygen will you? ;) Yes this filter does serve a purpose... but it is within our power to regulate this filter. It should be our responsibility to regulate this filter. We do not want to be completely reckless... but we do not want to be completely safe either... this is one of those cases, when a happy medium would be recommeneded.

Good post Sammo
 

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
656
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Buffalo, NY
Lik, I didn't call you stupid because you have a filter. I called you stupid because your post was unethically hypocritical. If you feel the need to talk down to people, find someone else. I've learned and accomplished more in my time here than 99% of those who've come. And I'm a year older than you - so don't go squealing excuses.

Nocturnal - I understand those two points, but as my post was more a retort to liks and a general response I didn't detail the whole argument, just the side that was not presented by sammo or lik, I totally agree with what you said.

Julian - I'm in a balls to the wall mood, not showing much enthusiasm for the grey area lately... is it a bad thing? Not quite sure yet, but I'll tone it down a lil on the forums.
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Trust me Anthony... I am probably the most black and white person that you will ever meet... so it is not that the "grey" area is the best course for the internal filter... but you will find yourself wavering between black and white throughout life... creating that happy medium.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Good thing Freud figured this out a good 60-70 years ago. Id. Ego. Superego. Do some reading.
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Nocturnal
Freud was a joke.
I never made claims as to the legitimacy of his theories; I simply pointed out how this post was based on them.

In any case, I still wouldn't call the guy who founded an entire school of psychological reasoning "a joke".
 

RockGuitarist

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana... dirty south. No, seriously, it's ****
I'm baaack... again...

Once again I come back, older, wiser, and with a mind more entwined to the power of rock and roll than ever.

Quick Rock lesson:
Rock and Roll is not a style of music, it's a way of life. Everyone is presented with chances to do something great and unforgettable. It's what writing a great song is all about; however, if you keep thinking, "I'm not good enough to do something great" you f'uck yourself in the ass. Don't f'uck yourself in the ass.

Don Juan rock application:
The same thing applies to life. Everyday is filled with a chance to do something great, something different, or just something that you've never done before. One has to learn to find these chances, analyze them, see the potential in a chance, and take it. As uncomfortable as it may feel, take it.

This uncomfort is obviously the filter. You've all felt it. That tiny feeling at the pit of your stomach that sets off a huge blast of negativity in the mind. "I can't do this," you say. "I'll look dumb." How do you know? You've never tried this new thing. F'uck, even if you do look dumb, at least you'll have a new chance to build upon your character, move on, and become a stronger person, then try again or do something new.

The moral of this story is find your chances to do something great. Find the strength within yourself to do something new. Enter a f'uckin talent show without thinking of the chance that you might not do as good as you hope. Hell, I played the worst show I've ever played at my school and still we got a standing ovation. Everyone stood up. Why? Because it was different (in a sea of pop hits like "Megalomaniac" from the other bands, we decided to play "For Whom the Bell Tolls" even if there was a chance that the judges wouldn't like it) And because we played with feeling and without fear.

Yes, the filter will always be there, and it may make some sense sometimes... sometimes.

Push the filter when it's wrong.

Learn to find the times when that filter is wrong, and run with the opportunity to do something great.

Despite the fear, carry forth with your head high, shoulders back, and with the will to rock on.

May the Gods of Rock be with you all,
Bedford
 

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7
Age
39
Originally posted by blienk
I never made claims as to the legitimacy of his theories; I simply pointed out how this post was based on them.

In any case, I still wouldn't call the guy who founded an entire school of psychological reasoning "a joke".
while I see how it relates, the id, ego, and superego have more to do with controlling impulses that are immoral or "wrong."

Freud might have founded an entire school of psychological reasoning, but he has countless theories which he thought up that are impossible to link evidence that proves their existence. In addition, he thought most of them up while taking cocaine. When there is a convincing basis for things like penis envy, let me know.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top