Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dis-advantages of Fast food?

davidblunt

Reaction score
It is a fact that many people in the developed countries do not find enough time to eat healthy eatables due to hectic schedules and busy lifestyle routine.

Most of these people work at offices and eat junk or fast food to manage their workload.

Junk food does not consist of vital nutrients and minerals necessary for a body to remain healthy.

Fast food consists of certain chemicals that can produce free radicals in your body disturbing the function of body cells eventually.

Discuss other dis-advantages of fast food with respect to healthy diet?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do I start?

People who work in offices and/or make excuses about being too busy to eat good food are completely full of sh!t. Fast food isn't the problem; the problem is all in their core belief system.

It takes effort, self-discipline and most of all it takes a lot of love and respect for one's self. Anyone who truly loves them self will not dump that garbage down their guts. Same goes for all other types of drugs/substances like alcohol, cigarettes and the like.

Not to say you can't have a beer and go out and enjoy yourself, but to get caught in a place where it's easier to just let the bad food, bad habits and really poor lack of self respect steer your ship is where 90% of the population is at. Most of them have never had the will power or the determination to breakout of the cycle and love who and what they are, and feed their bodies with proper nutrition.

Doing that, and doing it fully, takes a lot of courage and most people just don't have it. That's why they fail every time they try to quit junk food, or start exercising regularly.... soon they are right back to where they were.

On a deeper level, most don't feel they deserve the love they should have for themselves to truly live properly.

Fast food is a symptom of and faux-solution to something that runs much deeper.

Worst part of it is, is that by imbibing in regular fast food consumption, or heavy drinking or cigarettes or other drugs, it creates a very real shift in the body's energy fields and thought processes and perpetuates the apathetic cycle of "ah..screw it... you only live once, so may as well enjoy myself".

Whenever I got into this place, I was never enjoying myself. I was lying to myself. When I reach a point of living pretty cleanly and not needing the pick me ups from all this junk, my soul feels good. I'm happy....truly happy. I get a lot of stuff done and my life feels whole.

Are you the 90% who chose to run from their demons and drown in junk food, drugs and booze or are you the 10% that develop the courage to own up and get with the program and really start living? That is the REAL question.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat junk food in moderation and you should be fine. Once a week isn't going to hurt anybody.

Add expensive to the list, since if you made the food yourself it is much cheaper.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
davidblunt said:
Junk food does not consist of vital nutrients and minerals necessary for a body to remain healthy.
Untrue, even a lot of junk food contains vitamins and minerals, they're often fortified and use this as a marketing ploy.

We need only look at breakfast cereals for a good example of this. Loaded with sugar and not really a good choice, but they do contain minerals and vitamins.

davidblunt said:
Fast food consists of certain chemicals that can produce free radicals in your body disturbing the function of body cells eventually.
Free radicals are an unavoidable aspect of metabolism, they are produced as a result of the mitochondria burning oxygen, so this isn't some kind of unique contaminant.

Which chemicals are you referring to? We could be more specific in what we attack.

davidblunt said:
dis-advantages of fast food with respect to healthy diet?
Usually they have a low antioxidant:calorie ratio.

Laura98

Reaction score
The greatest disadvantage of fast food is the adverse effect that it has on one's health. It is a fact that fast food is more unhealthy than home-cooked meals, as they contain higher amounts of salt, fats and calories. Fast food is an important contributor to obesity in the American population. Obesity in children is on the rise and a direct link is being cited between fast food and obesity in children. Given the sedentary lifestyle that we lead today, the excess fats and calories that we take in with fast food is not used up completely. The result is that these accumulate in our body as fat deposits that cause complications like cardiovascular diseases and other related diseases of the heart. With obesity come other problems like high blood pressure and diseases of the joints. It is like a chain reaction set off by fast food and carried forward by our unhealthy lifestyle. In fact, a recent study has shown that people who live within walking distance of a fast food restaurant are at 13% higher risk of suffering from strokes than those who live a considerable distance away.

The greater the number of people at a meal in a fast food restaurant, the larger is the bill. Eating at fast food outlets is economical only for a single person. Going out to a fast food eating joint with family once in a while won't matter much. However, frequent visits to such restaurants with one's family can become quite an expensive affair, besides being unhealthy.

Fast food joints are also being seen as a factor that is making a number of families spend less and less time together. Family meal time is something that is considered as an opportunity for all the members to come together and share their experiences. However, the fast food centers are quickly eating into this quality time. This is especially true about youngsters for whom a fast food center is a good place to hangout with friends and peers.

Fast food is an invention of the modern times. Ready-made food being served fast and right in front of us is like a blessing after a hard day's work. However, like everything, it has its own pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages of fast food also exist. Citing a few points about the advantages of fast food does not mean that I am denying its drawbacks. However, by making some smart choices while placing the order and also resorting to an active lifestyle, we can definitely minimize the drawbacks of fast food.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tyciol said:
Untrue, even a lot of junk food contains vitamins and minerals, they're often fortified and use this as a marketing ploy.

We need only look at breakfast cereals for a good example of this. Loaded with sugar and not really a good choice, but they do contain minerals and vitamins.
Compared to what? I would bet that cardboard has similar mineral and vitamin content. Less sugar though.

Woolfgang

Reaction score
Fast Food in general is very unhealthy, full of saturated fat. Also it has a high sodium content, which lots of salt isn't good for you. It also can have bacteria in it, depending on who touched it and where it came from. But when they fry it, it kills all the little nutrients and bad bacteria. Just a hamburger alone is full of calories. That's why I recommend you cook home made fries and burgers. You can control what goes into it and it is much healthier and sometimes even tastes better!!