"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

difficult decision?

jamesdevo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Question for you guys:

There's this girl that works at a local coffeeshop that I am quite interested in. The problem is, she has only served me once, thus, she probably doesn't know who I am. I am interested in asking her out, but should I make small talk for a few days before asking her out, or should I try to get to know her better? I'm just worried that she might reject me if I move too soon because she won't really know who I am. On the plus side however, I will be leaving town for good in a little over a month, so I figure I really don't have anything to lose, except my ego.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Step 1: Hit the Search button

Step 2: Type "waitress"

Step 3: "Search titles only"

Perform Search

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16628&highlight=waitress

What's that? In addition to giving information on your topic, the author also refers to a DJB article... "Galactus' now classic post "Tips for Snagging a Waitress". Hm, let's go do another search!

Now I go to the DJB. Not seeing it listed in the main section, I go to appendices. I then go to Edit> Find> Galactus. Wow, there it is!

http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001214.html




AMAZING!
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
What do you have to lose? Besides your virginity I guess!:D
 

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Age
69
Location
Ohio
lose your ego?
by asking someone for a phone number?

i would consider this waitress as my new start in life. you say that you leave the area in a month, then use these chickies to practice your game for the next city. what do you got to lose? and please don't answer ego again.

good luck with your new adventure
 

jamesdevo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
thanks for the advice...

How would you recommend I get her digits if there are other employees standing around who will overhear the conversation?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Age
69
Location
Ohio
first Devo, i would make sure to make good eye contact. you must let her know you are giving her some good eyes. i mean dont stare her down or nothing. chickies get a bit nervous if you stare.

next, somehow break the ice with simple public stuff. feel her out with conversation and check to see if she is interested. you must grab her attention in a manly positive manner. i mean not to show off, just let her know you are a positive cool guy.

i've done this before:
write her a real simple note and leave it under coffee cup, then leave. ask her if she like notes in the note (all chickies dig notes).

next time you come in, observe her response. if she has taken the bait, then the next note will describe that there is too many people around her and how you could talk to her more privately.
TELL her to respond in a note. if she bites to hook harder, the next note will have the phone number thru passing several notes while she waits on customers. in the meantime between notes, just talk about public everyday crap. this way she gets to hear your attitude and the confidence in your voice.

may take a couple days, but you just worked around the other people in the shop without them hearing the coorespondence.

good luck, it works if they are interersted in you and you look attractive to them.
 

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Age
69
Location
Ohio
P.S. bro

you cant write long essays to her cause she will be reading these notes on the run. also, keep the focus on the task at hand, hince phone number. meeting chicks this way makes you stand out a bit. they will remember you cause few guys know how to sidestep others around her to grab her attention. this also works in a bar, but not customers, just on the bartender.

you may blotch this up because youre a rookie, but dont get discouraged. if you do blotch it, then the next time will be easier. this method takes practice.

good luck to you.
frat
 
Top