Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Difference between "Open Relationship" vs. "F*ck buddies"

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a lot of advice thrown around that advocates something like this:

"If you want to go out with a girl you like and still screw other girls, then you should be honest about your intentions from the beginning and agree to have an open relationship."

This statement is so asinine and completely ignores the actual practicality of an open relationship in practice.

Think about this, what girl is going to be like "oh what a nice honest guy, I look forward to being his main b*tch." Women generally are not going to waste their time dating someone if its not going to lead something more serious and exclusive. If she wanted to just f*ck she would have found someone at the bar yesterday.

Second of all, let's assume she does agree to an open relationship. There can be only two reasons for this.

1. She either does it in the hope that eventually you will change your mind and only want to see her exclusively. As soon as it becomes clear to her you won't budge she will ditch you.

OR

2. She's not really that into you and is waiting for someone better to come along. How the hell is she going to maintain her respect for you as a man when she's open to getting pounded by other guys that are probably going to be better looking, wealthier, better lovers...etc. Men are not supposed to be cool with sharing their girlfriends, and for good reason (and I call bullsh*t on any guy that says they are cool with it). Women go for the best guy they can get and then try to keep him, they aren't like men looking to "play the field." Once she finds someone who's better than you and/or willing to be in an exclusive relationship, you're toast.

So unless it was a genuine "f*ck buddies" setup how exactly is an "open relationship" actually workable IRL? My opinion is if you find a girl you really want to be with, its either agree to a exclusive relationship or be single and alone. The only way as a man you can have your cake and eat it is to cheat.

Jblitz59

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen a BF try to do the whole Open relationship . . . it resulted in a massive weekend fight in a dormitory room, police were called

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Asking a girl if they want an open relationship is like a slap in the face to them. Here's why, It's like telling them that they themselves aren't good enough for you and you need other girls to fill that gap that she cannot. This is compounded by telling them that you are indifferent with them fvcking other dudes. Indifference is the opposite of "love". Now I've heard of swingers who are very happy together but I feel like this is a rare occurrence and only works for a specific kind of people.

The best way to go at this is not to bring up any relationship at all in the first place. Don't even discuss it. The only difference between "fvck buddies" and an "open relationship" is the fact that you discussed it as being some sort of "relationship" in the first place. Don't do this because it DOESN'T WORK. Never bring up the subject of relationships. Just fvck her and leave the relationship talk to her.

I've had a fvck buddy where the she knew I wasn't interested in a relationship with her but she was still open tofvck weekly if not more. I never told her directly I wasn't interested but it was obvious by the way I treated her. A lot of girls will be like this. She was happy to still fvck me because I was the one with the higher value. However she would STILL be looking for other guys and hooking up with other guys in an attempt to find a boyfriend. She would even tell me about it to try to get me jealous. This was sort of a test to see if I had actual feelings for her or not. I had none. Eventually she told me she found someone who would probably be her boyfriend and said we couldn't do it anymore. I didn't believe her so one night she let me sleep over and I basically got naked and laid on top of her with a raging erection. I was surprised after about 5 attempts to take her pants off that she wouldn't budge. I could even tell she loved it by the huge smile on her face and her panties being wet as ****. Still, she wouldn't give in. And believe me I tried because I was drunk and horny as hell that night. This taught me that some girls value relationships over sex even when it could be with a higher value guy.

Your right, from my experiences ultimately most girls DO want relationships. But single girls play the field just as much as single guys do. EVEN if you are the one with the higher value.

Also I totally agree with your 2 scenarios. In 1, you are the one with the higher value and in 2, she is the one with the higher value.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Voice you hit the nail on the head.

Couldn't of said it better....good post.