Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Diet questions...

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I just got some questions about carbs/fats/protiens/calories.

I'm going to go out and buy some protien powder later today or tomorow, I'm just wondering what should I look for when I buy one. Like which ones are best and stuff like that. Whey protien I heard was the best one but just wanted your guy's opinions.

Anything else i should buy to help my training? Like fish oils and stuff like that?
Anything I should avoid?

How much carbs/fats/calories do I need everyday if i'm lifting and doing some cardio as well?
i'm thinking fats i would get enough from the foods that i eat like chicken, fish etc.

Just trying to get things straight so I can start an actual workout training and Diet. I can't wait! will post another thread up soon with progress pics and day to day information.

Last edited:

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending on what you have available, get an isolate or an isolate/casein blend, but if these aren't available or are out of your price range then a whey concentrate is okay as long as it doesn't give you stomach trouble. Experiment with brands and flavours, basically you want something you can drink on a daily basis and not get sick of it.

Fish/cod liver/salmon oil (20-30g a day) and a good multivitamin (NOT a '1 a day' - something from a good brand like Beverly, ISS or NOW) should be your staples along with your protein powder.

Fats/carbs/calories will depend on your stats and goals as these will determine your entire diet. Your fats should not exclusively from your protein sources (animal fat, egg yolk, chicken skin etc) but be a balance between those and unsaturates: your fish oil, and lots of olive oil, some nuts, avocado etc.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got an isolate whey protien powder but something that popped up in my mind.
Is the protien powder suitable for my age? Any dangers/Side effects?

I tried searching it up and I found that some of the companies had warnings that read "Not intended for the use of persons under the age of 18 unless directed so by a qualified physician"

So yea, just wondering if I should still use it...If I don't i'll have to eat ALOT more to get my protien up and boy is that going to be hard.

If you can give me a response and a reference then that would be great!

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you talk about not being able to do things because you're too young...

It's the opposite way dude... As you get older, your body will become LESS tolerant of certain things you do, and things you put in it.

You're leaps and bounds ahead of me and most other guys in this place by getting into this scene at your age. Don't waste it, please!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to Warboss...he knows his stuff.

My recommendations for basics:

- A good protein isolate for mornings and post-WO.
- A GOOD multivitamin designed for guys (2-3 a day formula, GNC Mega multi/mega men, Opti-men, etc.)
- Fish Oil caps
- Udo's Oil.

- 1-1.5g protein/lb bodyweight divided up in 5-6 meals.
- 3-4 g EPA/DHA (from the fish oil caps). 1 serving of Udos'
- Take the multivitamin religiously.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i'm not the one thats really concerned about this...its mostly my parents.

I know you guys know this stuff well but thats not enough for my parents. They are really overprotective. So thats why I asked for some references from reliable sources.

Thanks Fugly for the recommendations, will see what I can do with my parents.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
noodle said:
Well, i'm not the one thats really concerned about this...its mostly my parents.
Parents have to be parents, just funny how they use there logic. I remeber before i got into lifting/eating big etc i'd eat like a pig, sweets, soda, fast food up the ass, a plate of deep fried french fries for a midnight snack, very few veggies. Parents didn't bat an eye. Then i start eating 6-8 healthy meals a day, taking multi vitamins, fish oil, high protein, and they become very concerned and worried about it being safe.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Parents have to be parents, just funny how they use there logic. I remeber before i got into lifting/eating big etc i'd eat like a pig, sweets, soda, fast food up the ass, a plate of deep fried french fries for a midnight snack, very few veggies. Parents didn't bat an eye. Then i start eating 6-8 healthy meals a day, taking multi vitamins, fish oil, high protein, and they become very concerned and worried about it being safe.
Sounds bloody familiar. :rolleyes:

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
It's disgusting, isn't it... They aren't so much worried about your health, as they are about how you'll appear to society and their friends... how "normal" you are.

I guess it's the whole "nail that sticks out gets hammered in" thing.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
It's disgusting, isn't it... They aren't so much worried about your health, as they are about how you'll appear to society and their friends... how "normal" you are.
I hear your frustration, Blu, but I think you have it backwards. Most parents I know (esp of us 16+ y/os) are much more concerned with health than image, BUT society & their friends have been feeding them the same dietary nonsense. If we're confused about saturated fat, for example, imagine how people who've lived for all 30 years of that hype are. Or those who lived through all fifty years of the changing messages on cholesterol. They're stuck in a vast echo chamber. Cut 'em a little slack. Then eat what you plan to eat anyway.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea well neways, my parents won't let me have the protien powder and I'm not going to disrespect their decision.

But I've asked my mom to start making more Protien rich meals with lots of meats and such. Chicken, beef, fish tofu etc.

Just one thing i'm wondering...How do I know how much protien is in a certain piece of meat?

Raw meats don't come with nutrional labels so thats why I'm asking. Same with fish.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fillet steak - 1 average (80g cooked weight) = 23 grams protein
Fish - average filletc (100g) grilled = 21g
Lean beef or lamb (120g cooked weight) = 39g
Chicken - breast (1/2), baked, lean (80g) = 22g
Tuna - small 105g can = 29g [although Warboss Alex tells me tuna is bad]

Yeah thats it. Look carefully at the weights of the foods. That means if you want to acurately measure the amount of protein you are consuming you will ahve to weigh everything you eat. That sounds mighty inconventiant as it sounds like your mother is cooking all your meals.

Just tell her one protein shake is the same as eating a steak. Get her to ask the pharasist if it is safe. Say your friends do it. One of these should work.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her she's afraid of the unknown. She's somehow developed an opinion about protein and weightlifting without actually knowing anything about it. I'll stop there.

Tuna isn't bad for you man, it's just a lean form of protein and likely won't be digested by your body--the right way--unless you eat carbs/fat with it. Stick to sources that contain both protein/fat, like beef, buffalo, pork, salmon, eggs... you get the picture?

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you'll find that if you're eating a decent amount of whatever your parents put in front of you, proper training will give you some decent gains anyway. just do your cardio and your 3 day split and add the protein when you get the chance. people don't accept what they don't understand and there's not much point trying to explain it to them in the meantime, so just do your thing and work with what you've got

edit- also, try not to monitor your progress/pics/info more than twice a month, except the weights you're lifting. otherwise it'll be hard to spot the encouraging gains. stay focused on increasing the weight with good form rather than anything else at first

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
Tuna isn't bad for you man, it's just a lean form of protein and likely won't be digested by your body--the right way--unless you eat carbs/fat with it.
plus it tastes like sh*t.

mostly though, fish doesn't do jack for muscle growth. stick with red meat, eggs and protein powder and some chicken to break up the monotony

bigshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had duck today for the first time...How does that compare with meats like chicken?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
same ****, different taste. generally a little fattier & richer tasting.

if you render the fat from it, it has superior frying properties to chicken fat.