Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Didn't make friends your freshmen year? read this ( for freshmen too)

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(EDIT, as I was thinking about it, freshmen would benifit from this also, so read away). Hey, this is for people for whatever reason, didn't make friends their freshmen year of college. This was my situation. If you are a sophmore, junior, or even senior, its not to late to make good friends, but it is allot harder. First, read my post about stuff to do as a freshmen (has what you need to know in terms of mentallity), then read this.

Here is where to look for friends:

1. Dorms.
IF you are sophmore, you may wanna stay in the freshmen dorms. Sure, their will be an age difference, but as long as you show you're a cool guy, and you don't make a big deal about it, no one will either. Remember freshmen are desprite to make friends. Also, think about the reverse situation: if you were a freshmen, you wouldn't treat a sophmore any different if he was a cool guy to hang out with.
IF you area junior or senior, then the transfer dorms are definatly the place to be. Its pretty much like you're a freshmen. Everyone is your age, but no one knows anyone.
There might be interest dorms offered at your college. Interest dorms have a common theme, like international dorm (where all the international students, who are freagin cool btw) or outdoors dorm, ect. Here, there will be people from all classes to interact with
DO NOT go to the regular continueing students dorm. ITs pretty much antisocial people who are not interested in making friends.

2. Clubs
There are several clubs which are pretty tight knit at our school. These are where people meet their best friends and such. The ski and snow board club, and the excursions club( for camping) are really tight knit cuz they on trips which have really deep bonding experiances.
IF you are religious, join a christian club. The ethnic clubs on campus are also really close.
Each of the ethnic clubs has a culteral show near the end of the year which is really big, and they spend alotta time preparing for it. I know a girl who met her best friend through the show practices. Even if you're white, theirs european themed clubs too (french club, dutch club, armenian club, greek club, ect) and those are pretty fun too. White people can also join an ethnic club, surprisingly, people won't be curious why you're there. White pple in an ethnic club is pretty common.
IF you are athletic, join a club sport, the kind that compete against other schools (not the official school teams). These people are serious about their sport, and they spend many hours together preparing for their sport. Its much harder with regular intramurals, where people are not as serious, but its still possible. I am currently doing brazillian jujitsu, and I was just invited to a ufc bbq/party tommarow.
Charity and community service clubs spend alotta time together too. .. .. .theirs probably more that i can't think off, but any club that appears to spend much time together, thats teh place to be.

3. Major: IF there are not allota people in your major, then you guys would be pretty club. A guy I know in the engineering deparment says theirs like on 50 people in her major, and she hangs out the the major people allot. They spend alotta time together since engineering is a demanding major.

4. Work: If theirs a workplace where teh people seem really close, join it. The dinning commons people at my college always seem to be talking to each other, joking around, eat with coworkers on their breaks, and occasionally someone throws a party and invites all the other co workers to go with them.

5. Neighbors: Get to know your neighbors, see what you have in common.

6. Party, throw a party, and invite everyone you know. Sure this is allota hard work and money, but you meet hella people. This is the reason why people throw parties, To strengthen the weak bonds between you and everyday people. Just tell people you know 'im throwing a party this saturday, you're totally invited and you can bring your friends too'. Not a partier? throw a barbeque.

7. Friendswapping. I mentioned this in my freshmen post. If you have friends who have other friends, hangout with all of them and get to know everyone better.

8. Have an entertaining living place: video games are always a great excuse to have people over. Another way to get people to my room is to show them clips of 'the chaser's war on everything' on youtube. A few seconds of watching them, people will be like 'ahahahaha, oooooo shiiiiit, did you see that!!!!'

Now, a thing about freshmen girls. Here, older students have the advantage over freshmen. freshmen Girls love experiance and maturity. They want to experiance new things. Why would they pick some freshmen boy whose pretty much the samething as the boys she went out in highschool when she can have man. When interacting with them, fluant your experiance and maturity. I'm doing research at my university (usually reserved for the older students) and they always get a kick outa hearing what i do (you have to make it sound exciting). Thing of freshmen girls as girls who wanna live like the girls on sex in the city: dating mature men who have alot going for them (like mr big). (you may flame me for watching sex in the city, but you can learn alot about being a dj from watching that: girls crave guy whose too busy for them and would put em in their place, ect.)
There are alotta events for new students in the begginging of the year, go to those to meet girls, even if those events are mostly freshmen. Get the number like a I mentioned in my other post.

Here is something that I always wanted to try: to throw a party, go to those freshmen social events, and invite as many girls I know (after doing a rapport where is seems like im testing them for coolness). IF you can pull it off, do it!

ok, thats it for now, its probably come with stuff i didn't think of when i wrote this, i'll post em on this same thread.

excuse my spelling/grammer, too lazy to correct it.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
very nice post!

i plan on following your advice as soon as school starts. =] time to look up on "mature man" haha

looking forward to more from you :up:

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man, from rereading my post, i sound like a retard with my bad spelling/grammer, lol. Well, you can still get what im saying

One thing i forgot to mention: frats. Its never too late to join em. I know a few people who joined em in their senior year. Just make sure that you sample all the frats availible to pick one where you are most comfortable. Some frats have some awsome laid back people. Others are full of drunk-ass morons.

Production6257

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks hope, that is an awesome post. I didn't really make many friends my freshman year mainly because of the fact that I made the mistake of rooming with my best friend from high school. This goes out to everybody: Do not room with friends from hs. If you do, you are less motivated to go out and meet new people because with your friend you are in a comfort zone. Hopefully this year I can get out there and use these tips to meet some new friends (and a few girls.)

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oh no, im rooming with a friend from hs, wer not best friend but we hang out together. what do i do now!

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oni said:
oh no, im rooming with a friend from hs, wer not best friend but we hang out together. what do i do now!
thats not big deal. Besides, making friends and being popular is a team effort. If he's willing to meet people and make connections, then thats good. If he's not, hang out with other people.

Mike95YJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im rooming with 3 hot babes next year..in a house..just me..and 3 women....should be interesting

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
video games are always a great excuse to have people over.
be carefull what games....things like mario cart are ok (girls can join in and big groups of people can play together)... FPS/fighitng gmaes are not good (unless you aint interested in girls)...(cool guys i know played MC and the only guys i knew who played FPS were the nerds)

Dont play games too much - theres many activities that are more socially beneficial you you ... do these over Computer games

if you can involve drinking into it - even better

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post...and you have a point kingsam, except I know plenty of guys who play Call of Duty and aren't nerds....everybody likes Call of Duty, and back in high school the football and lax players would play Counter-Strike. Just sayin. Not that I'd invite a bunch of people over to play videogames unless there was nothing at all going on anyways

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exhumed said:
Good post...and you have a point kingsam, except I know plenty of guys who play Call of Duty and aren't nerds....everybody likes Call of Duty, and back in high school the football and lax players would play Counter-Strike. Just sayin. Not that I'd invite a bunch of people over to play videogames unless there was nothing at all going on anyways
yeh games are ok a bit
the problem with video games is that it hardly gets you meeting new people....esp girls...how many girls played counter strike??
people play games with buddies they already know....
you should be taking as many opportunities to meet new people/activities when at college making the most of the best few years of your life.... (it really goes down hill after)