Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Did I handle this Right, Disrespect

Jay25

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a girl I've been dating for 2 years, with her. We were talking about a heated subject and while she was talking, I interrupted her a couple times, she got upset, said my name loudly and said be quiet! I quickly told her don't talk like that and that is was disrespectful, she said I wasn't letting her get a word in, which maybe was true, but she does the same thing, interrupts during conversations and When I told her it was disrespectful and don't talk to me like that she said I was being a baby, I told her she was nasty and got off the phone with her, she texted me right after that she loves me lots and what are we arguing about, I feel disrespected and the fact I told her not to disrespect me so she'd call me a baby and she was just being rude, I let her know, Did i overreact? what should I do to stop this behavior in the future, I feel it was a red flag when I told her about it and she called me a baby, but not sure because she was upset, anyway any advice appreciated.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a girl I've been dating for 2 years, with her. We were talking about a heated subject and while she was talking, I interrupted her a couple times, she got upset, said my name loudly and said be quiet! I quickly told her don't talk like that and that is was disrespectful, she said I wasn't letting her get a word in, which maybe was true, but she does the same thing, interrupts during conversations and When I told her it was disrespectful and don't talk to me like that she said I was being a baby, I told her she was nasty and got off the phone with her, she texted me right after that she loves me lots and what are we arguing about, I feel disrespected and the fact I told her not to disrespect me so she'd call me a baby and she was just being rude, I let her know, Did i overreact? what should I do to stop this behavior in the future, I feel it was a red flag when I told her about it and she called me a baby, but not sure because she was upset, anyway any advice appreciated.
Hopefully when you call her on it it was in a calm and compose way.
Give her silence and distance.

Give her time to cool off and if she still insist that it was ok to call you a baby its not a good signs.
But after 2 year you probably know how she is by now,if out of the ordinary if not it is problematic indeed.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had an ex that would constantly interrupt me. Interrupting is nothing more than a childish struggle for control from a weak mind. So i recomend you stop interrupting her and lead like a man instead. Interrupting her will only make her more combative and do it to you all the more because women are driven by emotions and not by rational thought

I like mausers idea of " i have the floor you have the floor."

Once that understanding is in place you enforce it. Stand by it. Never vary from it. should she ever interrupt you again, you get up and leave. Soft next her for about a month, then if it happens again you dump her. 100%.

If after a rational discussion, and a soft next she doesn't get the message then you have an inflexible taker and your relationship will just spiral downwards after that.

Next. Why entertain a combative woman?

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had an ex that would constantly interrupt me. Interrupting is nothing more than a childish struggle for control from a weak mind. So i recomend you stop interrupting her and lead like a man instead. Interrupting her will only make her more combative and do it to you all the more because women are driven by emotions and not by rational thought

I like mausers idea of " i have the floor you have the floor."

Once that understanding is in place you enforce it. Stand by it. Never vary from it. should she ever interrupt you again, you get up and leave. Soft next her for about a month, then if it happens again you dump her. 100%.

If after a rational discussion, and a soft next she doesn't get the message then you have an inflexible taker and your relationship will just spiral downwards after that.

Next. Why entertain a combative woman?
Because some dudes actually like a strong woman who can hold her own. Not everyone likes to be able to walk all over their woman. Of course there's a balance to all of this, If she's constantly being combative then that's a problem.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
St
Because some dudes actually like a strong woman who can hold her own. Not everyone likes to be able to walk all over their woman. Of course there's a balance to all of this, If she's constantly being combative then that's a problem.
I agree. Strength and holding your own are positive qualities every one should have and admire in others. Being able to hold your own and standing up for yourself in a real time of need is important.

Acting like a child and not letting a person get a word in isn't a sign of strength. It is a lack of manners.

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
In my case I just dont listen to them. Most times it works but sometimes they get angry. This is controlling. She needs to share her bs with her friends not you. Sometimes she speak bs so hard that her friends would tell her whatever she wants to hear juat to get rid of her and then you fckd. You did good in this situation.

Another thing... why are you dating 2yrs?

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Fak no, youdid not overreact (is it a one word?), shewill respect and luv you more from now on.

Now if you were a champ you’d roll withanything vagina deficit, but you knowsomething others don’t know, leaving is your power.

Good movedon’tregredit.