Did Anybody See the New Trojan Condom Ad?

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I made a thread about it earlier...

I'm shocked that an ad like that actually made it out of the design stage. It's like no one ever said, "Hey you know what, this isn't such a good idea because it is incredibly offensive to a lot of people."

A lot of the people who defend the ad use the argument that it isn't offensive because the message behind it is 'safe sex'. The thing is they can promote safe sex without offending people. I mean, let's create a commercial where there are people in a club and every girl is a female dog panting and licking everyone while all the men have model looks and are disgusted by their gross behavior. But low and behold, one female dog decides to buy a contraceptive for females which makes her evolve into a beautiful lady. Then when people get offended by the commercial, hide behind the curtain of "You don't get it! The message was about safe sex!" The truth of the matter is, that kind of commercial would've never made it out of the design process because of the uproar it would cause, but I guess it's alright if you do it the other way around :rolleyes:

What Trojan is doing here is trying to exploit our insecurities through gender sensitive issues so we will buy more of their condoms :down:. This ad might get more publicity which may be what they wanted, but in the end, they will end up losers. Really, is it smart to diss your target audience?

Oh and the irony of evolution through using a condom. :crackup:

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, they're portraying men as sex hungry pigs and women as prizes to be won ... what's new?

Honestly, I blame us guys. If all the guys in this society didn't act like such a bunch of maniacal, lying, scheming, puss-junkies, we wouldn't have this problem.

Hole is the most overrated thing on the planet, and I'd be willing to bet that most guys are just in the game for ego gratification that some chick accepts them, rather than the physical sensation. Stop putting that sh!t on a pedestal and let's put these broads back in their place (the kitchen).

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Falcon said:
Oh and the irony of evolution through using a condom. :crackup:

:kick:

All gentlemen should use condoms... like Trojan. Yes, Trojan. The gentleman's condom.

flnazrael

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a hilarious commercial.

Fortunately, the more women perceive men in general as pigs and mindless animals, the more captivated she will be with you DJ types who stand out from the crowd.

DJStrawberry

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that a lot of women are very foolish and carefree in safe sex practices and I am the one pushing condom use. Women tend to not mind jumping into raw dog hook ups even on ONS and are generally perplexed when I bring up wrapping my tool and holding off on sex until I get a condom. I'm ready for all you monkeys to fling pooh on me and say that I'm a slvt catcher, but all girls are slvts except for young, submissive virgins.

Production6257

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is astonishing to me how poorly men are portrayed in general. I just ask that you look at almost ANY commercial, and you will see that even if it is suttle, the man is the dopey, clueless one and the woman is always the voice of reason.

Even check out the Facebook groups! It's all "Guys suck", "I Hate all Men", etc. And they even sell T-SHIRTS to LITTLE GIRLS that say "Boys suck, throw rocks at them!" It is so mind-numbing to me.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
So, we're all pigs until we define ourselves though a condom?

:down:

We should retailate and make a commercial about birth control, and make women with kids out to be obsensely disgusting trolls, and the ones that haven't been knocked up yet (which ideally, would be the ones to be desirable), seem normal.

Yeah, that's a great idea that won't cause a similar backlash on the flip side...but hey, if Trojan could portray us as piggys, why not make 'yet another BC pill' make woman look like trolls.

Seems fair.

Cowhead418

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't find the commercial offensive, but I found it incredibly stupid. Insulting your primary customers (men) is just an unbelievably dumb business move.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't find it offensive. But it is a major turn off. I think i'll be going with lifestyles from now on.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that most of you fit that profile perfectly. The entire DJ culture is about worshipping females. The whole idea of having to recreate yourself so that you can get 30 year old chubs is so very odd to me. I get blasted on here for promoting the idea of learning Russian (or a regional language...say Lithuanian) and spending as much time in the FSU as possible. At least there you can be who you are and find girls that you guys only see on magazine covers. Over there they don't laugh at men either. Hard to believe, but true.

Personally, the commercial isn't that bad. Condoms are a scam though. HPV is condom proof!! You wanna avoid disease? Get a virgin. That simple.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't find it offensive because that's just what the typical American guy is. I don't use Trojans anyway, Durex. But I do think it was a really stupid business decision. I hear the CEO of Trojan is now a woman? No wonder.

sparky0000 said:
Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, American chubs, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine
LOL, did you say something?

Actually, I'm coming to Ukraine around July 30th. I'll see what all your fuss is about. Any cities you recommend?

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hammahamma said:
It is astonishing to me how poorly men are portrayed in general. I just ask that you look at almost ANY commercial, and you will see that even if it is suttle, the man is the dopey, clueless one and the woman is always the voice of reason.
Yea, the thing is it used to be subtle. This commercial takes it even further. It isn't subtle anymore, its blatantly open. It's one thing to subtlety infer that men are pigs and its another thing to actually have human sized pigs in place of men. At the end, they try to show the message of safe sex, but that is after shoving down the image of 'men are pigs' down our throat for a whole 40 seconds. It reeks of some feminist agenda.

I don't know, I usually am not bothered by these kind of things. But in this commercial, I feel it is a slap in the face to our whole community. I see those men talking to the girls as fellow DJs trying to approach. Some of them maybe nervous as heck and putting their whole ego on the line. Being symbolized as a pig is insulting.

DJStrawberry said:
I find that a lot of women are very foolish and carefree in safe sex practices and I am the one pushing condom use. Women tend to not mind jumping into raw dog hook ups even on ONS and are generally perplexed when I bring up wrapping my tool and holding off on sex until I get a condom. I'm ready for all you monkeys to fling pooh on me and say that I'm a slvt catcher, but all girls are slvts except for young, submissive virgins.
Exactly. We all know the type of girls that go to bars and their behavior, yet I guess it's cool to completely ignore that side. It takes two to tango.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
Actually, I'm coming to Ukraine around July 30th. I'll see what all your fuss is about. Any cities you recommend?
I hear Lviv is epic.

Sparky, I don't think anyone here is against learning Russian. At least I haven't seen anyone. People are, however, sick of your constant America-bashing. I find it entertaining now, though (it's always nice to see how far you can stretch between that core belief and any given topic), so keep it up. Molodets!

Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
The fact of the matter is that most of you fit that profile perfectly. The entire DJ culture is about worshipping females. The whole idea of having to recreate yourself so that you can get 30 year old chubs is so very odd to me. I get blasted on here for promoting the idea of learning Russian (or a regional language...say Lithuanian) and spending as much time in the FSU as possible. At least there you can be who you are and find girls that you guys only see on magazine covers. Over there they don't laugh at men either. Hard to believe, but true.

Personally, the commercial isn't that bad. Condoms are a scam though. HPV is condom proof!! You wanna avoid disease? Get a virgin. That simple.
That's somewhat true condom won't protect you from HPV but it will lower the rate of cervical cancer. You can always get a girl with fewer partners or virgin... but that means they're either ugly, fat or underage. :(

I find the commercial INSANELY STUPID, the PR manager should be fired! What the hell are they thinking? Pissing your primary customers? No wonder chicks don't have a sense of humor... this commercial was suppose to be funny... even though it wasn't funny at all...

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
The fact of the matter is that most of you fit that profile perfectly.
Their's a difference between being a DJ and an elitist prick. I consider myself more refined than most, but I don't use that to look down on people.