Did 3 months inside

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2010/11 - 6 month did half.

Never go to jail, 3 months was enough, luckily knew a handful of people already.

Eminem Changes just came out and I learned all the lyrics. A lot of people inside are cool but forced to live a certain way.

Never been in trouble with the law since. Horrible journey and experience. I was a kid.

I learned never to fight, I’ve still fought but more on a must need basis rather than the thrill of punching someone

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read that the average IQ in jail is higher than the average IQ in any random neighborhood.

I've never had to spend any overnight time behind bars and hope I never will. Here in the states, we have a restaurant called I-Hop that (at least in my city) employs felons. I always support this business because I support their business practice. I've heard that it's difficult for those with a record to get employment. If someone has done their time, I believe that they deserve a fair shake.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2010/11 - 6 month did half.

Never go to jail, 3 months was enough, luckily knew a handful of people already.

Eminem Changes just came out and I learned all the lyrics. A lot of people inside are cool but forced to live a certain way.

Never been in trouble with the law since. Horrible journey and experience. I was a kid.

I learned never to fight, I’ve still fought but more on a must need basis rather than the thrill of punching someone
So you are saying you earned the time in jail and you were not discriminated against?

How do you survive in such a place? I'd have to go on a hunger-strike as I wouldn't want to use the toilet in such a place.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent two days and one night in max security, but I went voluntarily. What impressed me most (negatively) was the constant noise and light. And I was in a separate wing, not in general population, so the racket would have been worse there.

Jaxus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never go to jail
Was told the same by a mentor of mine. He was a POW for years and was brutally tortured. It was worse than the Holocaust.

He said the worst thing one can do in their life is make themselves an enemy of the state. Never do it. Again: It’s the worst thing you can do for your life.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a felon who used to work for me as a contractor & handyman. He had to work for himself because he was otherwise unemployable.

He was an ex Marine (having enlisted after being in and out of prison in his youth), was 5’9”, skinny as a rail, very smart, very strong, and there was nothing he couldn’t or wouldn’t tackle.

Not just anybody will get into a crawl space under a pier & beam house to fix a broken sewer line…..but this cat would. I had great respect for him & he worked for me for years until cancer killed him. My property manager and I still miss the guy.

He was as straight up as they come, was fair & had an amazing work ethic. God rest his tough ass soul.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi BeExcellent,
Strangely enough I have spent the last six weeks digging up drains and extracting tree roots both under and outside my house So I understand...In the building Gang I had years ago,we had a strange Guy we called Tats Tommy, brute of a Man same height as your Guy but 230 pounds of bone and muscle,at one time he had been an amateur prize fighter,sadly Tommy was a nasty bit of Work when in drink...One night when out Boozing some poor devil upset him,whereupon Tommy chased him into the Wash Room,the Guy locked himself in a cubicle...Undeterred Tats Tommy charged the Door with his great Bald head down,smashing the lock and the door to smithers,he then proceeded to take poor Les Miserables to pieces leaving him with life changing injuries...Tommy had form,was registered by the Wallopers as a potential threat to the community...Upshot was six months in Orange Jail...After he came out I asked him how it had been,he told me he spent the whole time looking down at the ground too frightened to make eye contact!

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some gaols are worse than others. Until you end up in an Oubliette.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some gaols are worse than others. Until you end up in an Oubliette.
For the curious,details of the Oubliette are at https://www.historydefined.net/oubliette/
Film buffs may remember Dustin Hoffmans purportedly true life movie,"Papillon".
In Henri Charrieres Book,he describes the experience,of being confined in one,located on Devils Island,during which he claimed to have Astrally projected himself across to the French Countryside!

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you are saying you earned the time in jail and you were not discriminated against?

How do you survive in such a place? I'd have to go on a hunger-strike as I wouldn't want to use the toilet in such a place.
There was no discrimination, I was connected to a more serious crime (not "joint enterprise"), my part was minimal, however, it being London, it was all on CCTV. I pled guilty, had 1 charge dropped, and accepted my fate.

The thing is, my friend who got more time than me (and was the main perpetrator) was only 17 at the time and got sent to a young offenders insitute (Juvi) and I was an adult so got sent to big man prison. Luckily, I knew a friend of my cousin and get along with people well, I think I would have gotten by without him. Nobody tried or tested me. Thank God.

When I came out, I got a job in sales, I didn't disclose anything (didn't need background chekcs as not working with kids or vulnerable people). I was on tag (ankle bracelet) for 9 months, which was actually more harmful to me as I had to be home 6am-7pm every day so my social life was effectively on standstill. Keep in mind I have always been a good person, wrong place wrong time kind of thing.

My friend and I have never been arrested since, we are now best friends, he went on to have 2 amazing kids who are my Godchildren, we have a side hustle of buying cars/vans in auctions and flipping them while I now own an IT recruitment company and consultancy.

I can't even remember why I even made this thread, must have been reflecting.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is good to know. In your experience, what are the main demographics do you see in jail?
Mainly white (I live in the UK), black, asian (muslim). Completely different to US jail, not segregated by race, but by area. So gangs are only based on where they live/postcode, regardless of race. Rarely any fights/killing based on race. Only personal beefs. As long as you don't borrow anything or disrespect you will be fine.