Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

diamonds vs balloons

Reaction score
I encountered an interesting thing today. To no suprise I am still far from being my true self.
I have listened to many audio tapes on spiritual material and Tony robbins and read some great articles from sosuave and elsehwere and one theme that kept coming up was that
You do not have to prove yourself to anyone. And i thought to myself
heh I am not doing that anyway, I havent proven my self to anyone in a long time because it makes me look more strong and cool...heh old knowledge I no need this.

But one morning I woke up after a night of drinking and hanging in town with loads of people and thought to myself.
There is always one person you are trying to prove yourself to. No it is not you mother..neither your father...and its definately not the cute girl on the street. The person you are always trying to prove yourself to...is you. ITS YOUR OWN EGO.

The process of trying not to prove yourself to anyone can be very deceitful if your only purpose to act so is to be more cool and gain acceptance. It just becomes another tool to fulfill your ego and you will be trying to prove yoursef to yourself.

This is how the mind thinks in these situations:
Ha I am showing all my friends how cool I am, I am not going to prove my self to anyone. I dont prove myself to anyone because I want to be cool too. Oh yea now I will get to have more chicks and respect yea yea, this spiritual material is great I must learn more of it.

The war against the ego cannot be won and dont get me wrong some ego is a must in this world if we do not have enough power. The war agasint the ego only ends when you give up the need to win at all.
There is no town to conquer, no goal to reach and there is no actual end result. The world arround you is just a mirror. And what you see in the mirror is not you, its just the perception of you...your ego.
One cannot define himself by the material values we have in this world. You are not your body, your clothes or the car you drive and you know that on some level that you is something else, something bigger, something you cannot explain.

Most of us walk through our lives trying to please the mirror because they are not strong enough to see their shortcomings and failures because it would collapse their world, they do whatever so that they could only see good in the mirror. They work so hard to keep the perception great that they become hollow inside.

This is where we finally come to Diamonds vs Balloons

All the great battles are first won inside. That is why you must start building yourself from the inside out. Remember the world arround you is just the perception of the reflection of your self. If you build your life and self-confidence upon that is what projected back at you...then you will always be hollow inside.

Take a simple balloon into your hands, notice how small it is. But start breathing inside of it, watch it grow grow grow until it becomes really big compared to what it used to be. But tell me this, what happens if the outside pressure gets too high or the balloon is attacked?
GABOOM

The life of a baloon might seem big and mighty since it tends to carry all the materialistic stuff we measure success by in our culture but its always empty inside.

The second(or it might take longer) you see a negative response or reflection from the mirror your balloon goes boom and your whole world collapses. Most of us keep trying to blow balloons and trying to see how big the balloons can go...they always go boom in the end.

Yet there is another way, you can start from inside out. Start building your world from tiny but solid materials. Keep raising your heap of coal. But oh no disaster strikes again.
It comes with a big cloud of dust and lightning thrown upon the coal. But after all the pressure is gone and the cloud starts to dissapear...where there used to be a heap of coal now lies a beautiful diamond. Granted it will take much more time but your life will be built on strong fundations, keep building and polishing your diamond until one day you will be amongs the people the masses call - BRILLIANT