Diamonds are Down

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Only a simp would buy a much higher priced natural diamond versus an impossible to tell the difference lab grown one.

They are identical in every way to natural diamonds other than the fact they might not have the flaws real diamonds have.

You would have to be some kind of stupid to pay more for an inferior product. The diamond industry desperately wants you to believe "real" diamonds are better but that's just marketing hype with no facts behind it.

Clearly they are losing this battle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The diamond industry desperately wants you to believe "real" diamonds are better but that's just marketing hype with no facts behind it.
The desire for diamonds is artificial. Diamonds are useless. At least from gold you can make something.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The desire for diamonds is artificial. Diamonds are useless. At least from gold you can make something.
Diamonds assuredly are not useless as they are one of the hardest substances known to man and diamond tipped drill bits are extremely useful for getting thru hard surfaces.

Between that and cutting things that were otherwise extremely difficult or impossible to cut, there is a huge usage for diamonds industrially mainly for abrasives, polishing and cutting.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing huh? Diamonds, restaurant, cinemas ; all.of them are dying along with classic romance.

Diamonds are as useful as steel. On a industrial scale it's great. But let's be real: Diamonds are just another thing that brainwashed us into believing that they are as expensive as they are.

The Beers basically made us believe all of this. It's similar to the Disney fantasy we believe in.

I remember when I discovering this and telling this to my ex. She wouldn't listen. A woman whose brainwashed is REALLY hard to convince otherwise. And that's what it is all about.

Just watch commercials in general. It's rather aimed at women, because sellers know that the best way to empty a man's wallet is via a woman

Reaction score
they are one of the hardest substances
One.
Of the hardest substances.
There are other substances that are just as hard or harder, and they don't require slavery to be mined.

BTW, lovely South African mining website you're using to substantiate your claim how useful diamonds are:

https://www.miningforschools.co.za/

I'm sure they are not biased about mining diamonds.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
One.
Of the hardest substances.
There are other substances that are just as hard or harder, and they don't require slavery to be mined.

BTW, lovely South African mining website you're using to substantiate your claim how useful diamonds are:

https://www.miningforschools.co.za/

I'm sure they are not biased about mining diamonds.

Would you prefer it from the US government instead?

Or maybe one of your pseudo science sources has better info that "only they know", right?

You are also wrong in your view points on other materials as stated very clearly here:

"Diamond may well be the world's most versatile engineering material as well as its most famous gemstone. The superiority of diamond in so many diverse industrial applications is attributable to a unique combination of properties that cannot be matched by any other material.

For example, diamond is the strongest and hardest known material and has the highest thermal conductivity of any material at room temperature. Diamond that does not meet gem-quality standards for color, clarity, size, or shape is used principally as an abrasive, and is termed "industrial diamond."

Even though it is more expensive than competing abrasive materials, diamond has proven to be more cost effective in numerous industrial processes because it cuts faster and lasts longer than any rival material.

Synthetic industrial is superior to its natural diamond counterpart because it can be produced in unlimited quantities, and, in many cases, its properties can be tailored for specific applications. Consequently, manufactured diamond accounts for more than 90% of the industrial diamond used in the United States."

Reaction score
Would you prefer it from the US government instead?
Hahaha, sure, the US government is impartial. You're funny.

Or maybe one of your pseudo science sources has better info that "only they know", right?
I'm Dutch. The Netherlands is one of the most important traders in diamonds. The value and importance of diamonds has been artificially inflated. Your sources are all biased pro-mining diamonds. You've never seen the mines, otherwise you wouldn't be so cavalier.

But I'm not invested enough in this discussion to continue. Have a nice evening.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I travelled in a Camper Van,around South Africa in 1987....Went to the Cullinan Mine,quite close to the Capitol Pretoria....Ducked off from the tour,and checked the place out...The Miners seemed mainly to be Zulus,great strapping fellows,I think to have suggested they were Slaves,would have been risking an Assagai up the rectum.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

I'm Dutch. The Netherlands is one of the most important traders in diamonds. The value and importance of diamonds has been artificially inflated. Your sources are all biased pro-mining diamonds. You've never seen the mines, otherwise you wouldn't be so cavalier.

But I'm not invested enough in this discussion to continue. Have a nice evening.
You're not invested enough because you have absolutely no comeback to being shown you are 100% wrong about the usage of industrial diamonds and their importance.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife’s ring I custom-ordered. Lab created diamond for reasons already mentioned. The same natural diamond was more than twice the price. Frankly, the lab created is more customizable.. thus looks incredible.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My wife’s ring I custom-ordered. Lab created diamond for reasons already mentioned. The same natural diamond was more than twice the price. Frankly, the lab created is more customizable.. thus looks incredible.
And they have no flaws unlike real diamonds

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trying to laugh it off isn't a substitute for evidence. The U.S. isn't a significant source of mining diamonds, and here's the Wikipedia entry to add to your list of everything that is biased against your view... or you could be wrong.

Industrial diamonds are made from high temperatures and immense pressure - not in African diamond mines. If you actually read the article, you'd know Da Beers is suffering from a lack of demand in China, which is fine with lab-grown gems.

"Falling marriage rates as well as growing popularity for gold and lab-grown gems all drove down Chinese demand for diamonds, said market research firm Daxue Consulting."

Reaction score

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am more of a cubic zirconia man myself