developing a nice tan.

platinumike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed ive gotten more whiter than i usually am. Whats the best/safest method to darker skin? i dont wanna get skin cancer.Thanks.

Garbury

Don Juan
Reaction score
considering you live in floride, just go outside. Take the time it normally takes you to start to burn, and subtract 5 and just do that everyday. After a few weeks of this, I was nice and golden with no sunburn at all.

Or, you could do tanning booth, but the sun is free.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh man...these sunscreen companies really got to you. stop being so paranoid about sun, its only harmful if you burn yourself too often. be smart about it and you wont get any damn cancer. 10-15 minutes of sun a day will get you tanned plus it helps keep the overall health up.

floorman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't do it safetly you will get cancer. I did, the worst kind, melanoma. Luckily I caught it before it spread.

But just do it in moderation, get a healthy glow, and you'll be fine!

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm one of those guys who freckles instead of tanning evenly, is there anything I can do to get around this?

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was also wondering if anyone knew if freckles faded and went away after awhile, like lets say you got no sun whatsoever for a year, would they go away, or is every freckle permanant, and is there a way to tan a little bit and not get/limit freckles, any adive on freckles would be appreciated actually since I have a lot.

drago

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sunscreens are overrated. To prevent sun damage and skin cancer, just make sure you expose your skin gradually and don't overdo it. The best thing to do is to just develop a tan naturally, while you're out playing sports or hanging out. Try to avoid suntanning between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. although this is probably impossible for physically active individuals. As long as you don't try to look like a lobster, you will eventually develop a nice tan. It will take time. People with very light skin and freckles, however, should probably not try to tan since their skin is more sensitive. The important thing, no matter how light or tanned you are, is to develop healthy habits, such as a good diet and a good skin care program in order to keep your skin healthy. To give your skin a rest while you're out in the sun, you can also wear a hat and protective clothing. I used to use sunscreens, but some of them were more trouble than they were worth. They would generally protect my skin but some of them would make my skin oily or I would have to reapply them. As long as I don't overdo it, my skin can take it without the burden of a sunscreen. Plus I've read that some sunscreen ingredients are estrogenic and, thus, harmful. The European Community has banned six comon ingredients in sunscreens, but they're still used in the US. You can probably do a google search to find out what these ingredients are if you want.