Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Determine Your Level of Motivation

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen the dilemmas of hundreds, if not thousands of wanderers who have strayed upon www.sosuave.com. I have sympathized and empathized with both the greatest, and the worst. I have come a long way, and although it might be very unapparent to the bulk of you reading this, I have an enormous length of progress ahead of me. However, I do feel like I have an ample understanding of what is needed to succeed. That is what I wish to bring to you.

Motivation is an extensive term. But motivation, when wielded properly, is all that one might find necessary to achieve any goal on the list. It determines the necessity and value of risk, it provides logical support to carry out an action, and it is a measurement of how far a man might reach or how many stars he might grab hold of. Motivation is the key determiner for all actions taken by each sentient organism. Whether it is aroused by logic, emotion, or instinct, is a whole other topic.

All it takes to realize the immeasurable power of emotion is to look around you. Some argue that the difference between man and non-man is the motivation to live better and/or become important. This motivation results not in stagnant reality, but in a progressive one. In general, man has strived to make life better. Look at how far we’ve come in just a century. Individual cases of extreme motivation can be found by seeking the idols of society. Michael Jordan became famous not only for his abundance of talent, but also what got him there. There are countless cases of the wealthy describing how they “rose up” from rock bottom, with nothing but hope and desire. The greatest resource a man can find is the one he already has… the brain in his head.

In pursuit of what might seem like an extraordinarily difficult goal, motivation must be determined. The motivation one has from emotion, for example, gaining motivation to gain a new job because of hate for a present one, can probably be determined by simply asking oneself how bad the job is.

There is a hidden motivation however. This motivation is more likely to be hidden when the goal is longer-term. The motivation resulting from logic and intellect is extremely important in determining what is best for oneself in the course of conquering a goal. This is the kind of thing parents teach their children, “Don’t do this; it’s not good for you.” Children don’t have the intellect developed to understand though. Even many adults take long term planning for granted… credit card bankruptcy is a great example of that. Planning does not necessarily have to be written out… although it should be. People are prone to memory loss and writing goals down, no matter how minute, will allow a better focus to be placed on them. The intellect/logic motivation is one which must be drawn out, and questioned internally at the very least. Determine what makes a goal worthy of pursuing, mostly long term. Determine what would and would not be done to achieve it, be decisive. When a conclusion is determined, which might be in the course of decision making (i.e, you don’t know how far you really would go until you’re in a situation where you must decide), then it must be brought to mind in the determination of all actions affecting it. If you wish to ace a test, and you must make a decision of whether or not to study, recall the decisions you made about how far you would go to achieve your goal. If it’s reasonable to study according to your decision, then you know what to do.

There is one individual with whom I’ve spoken, and after his countless requests to help him figure out “what is wrong,” I’ve determined it. He says he backs down every time he wants to approach a girl, he can’t get his social skills up to par, and he can’t achieve his goals. The key is not in his ability, the key is in his desire to achieve. Had he really been focused and willing to take the necessary risks and do what it takes to succeed, he would have been well along by now.

Think about something you’ve wished you could do, or something you’ve wished to accomplish but haven’t been very successful in. Consider the steps you’ve taken to get there. Did you really do what was necessary, or did you lack motivation? If you lack motivation, but know by intellect that it is worth it to complete the goal, then you need to apply your logic. TRUST YOURSELF. Force the emotional part of you to yield to your logic. It might not feel right, but you have to realize that every sacrifice for a long term goal is an investment, and you have to go by the logic that makes you better than the next man. This is one reason it is necessary to define for yourself what you will do to accomplish the goal, so you do not hesitate in the course of achieving the goal.

So I ask you, do you wish to succumb to the short term, emotional highs of taking the easy way out, or do you wish to pick long term goals and apply yourself fully to them? If it is the former, which is alright sometimes, then STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE YOURSELF THAT YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR WAYS. Make a decision. Yes or no. Then you waste as little time as possible and get right to the point.

Thank you for your time.

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
either that or your article has enuf information in it that nobody has any questions...

HighFlyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
what up nocturnal,

I definitely think you're onto something, but you're post is missing a piece that is vital to understanding motivation. It comes before motivation. That is DESIRE. To be motivated to do something you have to WANT it. A lot of problems I have faced, and i'm sure many others have as well, is negative conditioning. By negative conditioning I mean doing something that doesn't recieve positive reinforcement, or just isn't enjoyable.

For example, say a person has sexual experience that for whateve reason is really bad, maybe even traumatizing to a degree. Because that experience wasn't positive, it is likely that person would lack motivation out of a lack of desire to continue actively pursuing relationships.

To want something, you have to get a taste of it first, and like it. In fact, come to think of it, that concept is at the very base of the DJ Bible. But the same applies in life. What motivates a person to want to become rich? Not having riches, getting a taste of riches, and realizing more money would allow a lifestyle change for the better.

The same goes with pimping. You know how sometimes you'll just be sitting there and get real horny and feel like getting yourself a women? And then other times you won't even want to look at women? What separates the Don from the chump is that the Don is always aware of the pleasure he can bring to both himself and a woman no matter his mental state, while the chump will feel down and forget all about feeling horny and thus lack motivation to get himself a girl. You got to know deep down at all times what it is that you want, and never lose sight of that no matter what obstacles life throws at you. I'll agree it's easier said than done. But the key is visualizing where you want to be and imagining how good it would be to be there. The hard part is sustaining focus at all times. However, if desire is maintained, motivation will follow.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I included the idea of realizing that there are benefits in making certain decisions and using them as motivation...

The motivation resulting from logic and intellect is extremely important in determining what is best for oneself in the course of conquering a goal.

khanboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a very good point.

I remember when I first started approaching chicks for real (consistently, none of this twice a month crap) I did so by constantly reminding myself of the goal I wished to achieve. I always had THE ULTIMATE GOAL in my mind at all times. You know the one I'm talking about, we all have it, it's different for everyone, but we all got it.

Anyway, everyday I would always remember the ULTIMATE GOAL and how I aimed to get there. Before I knew it I was talking to chicks like a mad man, and what followed was something I didn't expect as a newbie. I started to become complacent, and my approaching just started to fall off. Why? I had lost sight of my goals, my focus had changed from the ultimate to the everyday. The numbers just dropped off and I became AFC again, in a matter of months.

This is why your post is so important, it has brought me back to where I started. I'm now focused on my goal again, and I know how to get there. With this knowledge I have been approaching chicks on a consistent basis again.

Do I have the fears I did as an AFC? Yeah, but they're not nearly as bad (almost negligible) for two reasons:
1) I've approached chicks before, experience has its role.
2) Focus on the goal takes attention away from the fear or any other crap I may be feeling. The same is true now as when I first started and had the ultimate goal in mind.

When focused on the goal, and the steps to get there you no longer care what thoughts or emotions are racing through you. They essentially leave your mind, or at least this is my expreience. Focus your attention on each step, taking one at a time, and sooner rather than later, you'll be taking the final step.

It's all about the ultimate goal,
khanboy