Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Designing A Workout Routine

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks good to me; you don't really need the wrist curls on back day since db curls, hammers and of course deadlifts will destroy your forearms.

I'm not a fan of overhead extensions (prefer r/cgbp or skulls) but they work for some people, so try them and see.

Other than that, looking good to go!

DoubleJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
hehe wrist curls...good old times where i believed in doing them =)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re wrist curls:

They're not that bad an exercise until your weights get up some, then I find the thumbjoint can't take the strain, it gets too painful for higher reps.

That said, I don't believe much in direct forearm training, you'll get big forearms from deadlifts, rows and good bicep work. That said, I don't believe in direct bicep work either, heh, 20" guns are built in the squat rack ..

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks a lot Warboss! I'll take the wrist curls out, so this is my final routine for a while i guess.

Back, Biceps (Friday)
DB Curl
Hammer Curl
Lat Pulldown
Deadlift

Chest, Triceps (Sunday)
Flat DB Press
Incline DB Press
Lying overhead extension
Decline Crunch
Decline Leg Raise

Legs, Shoulders (Wednesday)
DB Shoulder Press
Hamstring Curl
Calf Raise
DB Squats

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck bro; remember to keep the reps in the safety range of 8-12, 2 sets each exercise should do you.

Every workout try to increase weight and or reps (preferably weight).

Even if it's just the 'girly' 2.5 lbs, slap it on. If you add 2.5lbs to your exercise every week for a month, you've added 10lbs to it - chances are you wouldn't be able to make such a weight jump directly (i.e. from your weight to 10lbs extra). By the end of the year you've (in theory) added 120lbs to it .. not too bad for just using 2.5s huh?

If you fail to beat your weight (i.e. can't get 8 reps) then change that exercise to another one for the same muscle, eg. swap lat pulldown for rack chins.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an outstanding thread. Why have I not seen this before? Great work Warboss.

DumpaLumpagus

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you say doing squats is absolutely required for big arms, and doing them releases GH from the leg muscles? Would it be more efficient to do squats before an arm workout then, because the GH is fresh in the blood stream?

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
warboss bro...this **** is killing me lol. squats kicked my ass. i think imma do them last because i was too tired to finish.

anyways, i dunno the technicaliities of workin out like takign glucoflygenhormone or whatever at 2.5 minutes after workout, but imma workout, drink protein shakes, and run and let you guys know abhout my progress doign it the old fashioned way. i guess i used to be caught up on getting it perfect the first time, but then i never got started :( so no more of that ! :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Manuva: cheers mate, I just couldn't stand seeing workout routines with kickbacks and cable crossovers anymore, heh. I would've liked to expand more on sets/reps (basically do as much as you need to break down the muscle whether it's 1 set or 3, most people will do 5 sets which just means they're not pushing themselves like they should) but didn't have time when I wrote it.

DumpaLumpagus: first, your muscles grow OUTSIDE the gym, not while you're working out. GH is released in deep sleep so working legs before arms would give no benefit - and if you can do balls out bicep curls after a widowmaker squat set then you're cheating on your squats. Third, you're overthinking this, it's not that complicated really, if you can curl 20kg one week and two weeks later you can curl 22.5kg for the same or higher reps then your arms have grown. That's as complicated as it needs to be!

Kerensky: Yeah, do squats last. You shouldn't be able to breathe after squats, let alone continue a workout!

ntssv

Don Juan
Reaction score
???

Warboss Alex said:
- and if you can do balls out bicep curls after a widowmaker squat set then you're cheating on your squats.
I'm sure anyone can answer this but me...

How does doing squats work out your biceps?

Also, is a DB squat just holding dumb bells (how do you spell that) and doing squats? If so, what's the benefit of db squats over using the bar (which really makes me wonder about the bicep work out).

Great post bye the way! As you can tell I'm a newb at this. I will use your routine to get started.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ntssv said:
I'm sure anyone can answer this but me...

How does doing squats work out your biceps?

Also, is a DB squat just holding dumb bells (how do you spell that) and doing squats? If so, what's the benefit of db squats over using the bar (which really makes me wonder about the bicep work out).

Great post bye the way! As you can tell I'm a newb at this. I will use your routine to get started.
squats build overall body mass, they're a full body movement and will force all your muscles to grow instead of just isolating your arms. try it and see :)

bear in mind that routine I posted was only for people who had never worked out before, the reps and sets are high so that they learn form and such without hurting themselves - if you're just starting out follow that for a month or so and then move to something more power-oriented (i.e. strength training) with far less volume

ntssv

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
squats build overall body mass, they're a full body movement and will force all your muscles to grow instead of just isolating your arms. try it and see :)

bear in mind that routine I posted was only for people who had never worked out before, the reps and sets are high so that they learn form and such without hurting themselves - if you're just starting out follow that for a month or so and then move to something more power-oriented (i.e. strength training).
Don't get me wrong here. I'm not questioning you here! I just want to make sure the exersice your talking about is what I'm thinking.

BD squat = holding dumbells while squating right?

Using a bar = the weight is on your shoulders, correct?

Is there a benefit to either one or does it matter?

Thanks for the quick reply too...

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ntssv said:
Don't get me wrong here. I'm not questioning you here! I just want to make sure the exersice your talking about is what I'm thinking.

BD squat = holding dumbells while squating right?

Using a bar = the weight is on your shoulders, correct?

Is there a benefit to either one or does it matter?

Thanks for the quick reply too...
barbell squats win hands down, you can use more weight and you won't be limited by the endurance of your wrists :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
hey, if I got my way I'd delete all such threads and just make a monster guide with A-Unit, EFFORT, manuva etc.

I hate reading stuff I've written. I'm not a writer and shouldn't masquerade as one. lol

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But you are a trainer, correct? This is just another way of helping people better themselves. Whether it's writing or speaking, you're still relaying a message.

djtdot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post!!! If my friends ask about weight training, I am directing them here :yes:.

I have been using a 2-day routine. I have a question about squats. I usually do 15-12-8. But the problem is I already have a big lower-body compared to my upperbody and if I do so many squats, my lowerbody will get bigger right? I definitly don't have chicken legs. My thighs are alright, but my @$$ is kinda big.

Dunno whether this is related or not, but after doing squats and other heavy exercises, I have noticed some growth in my chest hair. Totally loving it :D.