Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Designate a Driver commercial

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I keep hearing these Budweiser "Designate a driver" commercials on the radio. They're not the same as the ones on TV. I tried to find a copy of it on the internet but I didn't have any luck. They feature some guy who sounds southern/country who urges you to "Appoint...elect...designate a driver!" He says "Good times aren't the same without THAT guy" and calls him the "hero of the night". Maybe you've heard them, or maybe not.

Anyway, at one point he says "He's the guy who buys a fresh cold Budweiser, sends it over to that cute girl, and says it's from YOU!".

This is where my SoSuave training kicks in, and I can't help but think guys here would ream the guy: "What are you doing?!!?? Buying her a drink and telling her it's from me?? Now she's going to think I'm a BETA!!! You @sshole!! You've ruined any chance I had to be with her!"

The other thing that comes to mind is that this whole commercial has a countryish, honky tonk type feel to it. And maybe in that type of setting it's more acceptable practice to buy a girl a drink. People who listen to country music are more likely to have conservative, more old fashioned, traditional views. So maybe that's actually the best way to meet a girl if you're in a country bar.

I'm actually surprised there is practically NO mention of country music, honky tonks, or that kind of southern culture here on this forum. From my observation the "cowboy" is a type that women like, just like the thug, the bad boy, the rock star, the artist, the rich CEO, etc. Maybe cowboys get plenty of chicks and don't need forums like this?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I've witnessed, guys that pull off the cowboy thing well do very well with women. If you think about the conditioning from media, cowboys are shown as

-confident in themselves
-fearless enough to hop on bulls
-strong enough to handle a a bar fight or difficult manual labor
-generally a man women swoon over
-incredibly polite and charismatic

All of these are alpha like qualities. Watch the way any type of man is displayed in the movies, TV, and social media, and you will have everything you need to know about how to emulate his success with women.

The media has already done all the conditioning for us and defined patterns of behavior for all types of men.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The media has already done all the conditioning for us and defined patterns of behavior for all types of men.
Funny, since the community blames the media for conditioning men to be feminized.
But you're right, there's James Bond, Clint Eastwood, Han Solo...

I've heard that REAL cowboys actually live dirty, lonely lives That's not the same as the "cowboy type" though. IMO. Like John Travolta in Urban Cowboy. Guys who wear hats and boos, drive pickup trucks, drink beer, and know how to line dance.
I knew girls when I was younger who were rock and roll chicks, but then met some dude from the country, and they went full on country music.
And more recently there was a very hot girl I knew, she always said she was looking for a cowboy.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great story.