Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Depression

punkrunner

Reaction score
I was just wondering how you guys deal with depression. NOt the I wanna kill myself kind, but the normal every so often kind. Right now I cant drive because my car stalls randomly, i live in a boring town with nothing to do, and (I know this is AFCish) but theres this one girl at work who just keeps causeing problems for me.

What I really wanna know is how you guys get over these little spirts of depression that happen everynow and then.

Roots

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a difficult question. I used to have sort of problems like that too. They just went away a few years ago and they don't come back anymore.

To solve this kind of problem requires a change on a mental level. I'm not a qualified psychologist, but I'll tell you what should work. In the bible they talk a lot about living in the moment that you're in. You have to focus on what's going on right now, not what happened before. You have to learn to be indifferent to the past. Sure you learn from the past and the usual, but there is no need to mix it with the present.

A lot of "depression" of that sort comes from too much reflection. To put it bluntly, you think too much. Now how do you fix this??

To stop thinking so much is EXTREMELY difficult. It takes a lot of work, and does not just come all of the sudden. It took me about 6-7 months before I realized it. You must sort of train yourself gradually to understand the uslessness of thought in most cases. I'd recommend to be kept busy, so anything you can do to stop your thinking such as: reading, going to the gym, even studying if it shuts up your head.

If you refer to the bible for generally any posts that have to do with thought, they'll reccomend you some good ideas to work on.

The thing is depression like the kind you are talking about is thought provoked. The more you reflect on it, the more it affects you. When you eliminate thought, you eliminate that effect. Remember, almost everyone goes through this, and by realizing that it's not natural, you've already taken a step forward. So go back to the bible, read the posts that I reccomend, and see if it helps you out. The Get a boost up! section has a lot of things like that. Try it out!

Absent Minded

Don Juan
Reaction score
I listen to music. Artists such as eminem & 2pac really help me through depressing times.

andyh

Don Juan
Reaction score
caffeine music and long walks helps me:)

no but in fact I was feeling down a couple of months a while back and after a sleepless night I decided to head out and walk, so I took my MD wit some good music and started walking, when I came back like 45 min later I was feeling good about myself again, I was feeling all relaxed and pumped and like I owned the world.

So now every morning my stereo starts at 5.30 i go up pop some caffeine pills so I wake up, take some vitamins and maybe an apple, then i take my favourite music and i get out and walk for like 1 ½ hour. and then all the sudden your mind just loosen up and all your worries seem much lighter to bear.

Two days ago I found out that two of the girls I DJ'ed had boyfriends and I was feeling kinda sad when I went to bed that night, the next morning I was still sad but during the walk I totally forgot about it. Then during the day i was feelin like it was their loss being with some guy not half as good as I am. besides there are so many girls out there so it's not like they are the last girls alive(almost felt like that before).

then besides all the psycological benefits ther are the physical a fast walk in the morning before breakfast is great for burning fat. so if you are a bit flabby(like me) it'll do wonders I have lost almost 10 pounds in less than a month only bu walking in the mornings.

Quad4IV

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait you have enough time i nthe mourniong to get up at 5:30 walk for 1.5 hours and still get ready for school ...

What time does school start for you?

io Get up at 5:30 and sun arround my house forn an hour getting ready for school. It starts at 7:15

But i have to carpool to get acrosss town to come to school.

andyh

Don Juan
Reaction score
well i'm from sweden so maybe it's different here but i start school like 8.30 two days a week and then 10.00 the other three:D

Last edited:

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't listen to Absent-Minded.

Get "Stairway to heaven" by Led Zeppelin

Always somehow rescued me from depression.

stylespee

Don Juan
Reaction score
To deal with my depression I just always keep myself occuppied. I try to not waste to much time during the week. Each day I go to work then i get to the gym. The biggest help for me though, was to forfill ALL of my obligations during the day. Always made me feel more accomplished and less stressed.

Reaction score
Originally posted by stylespee
I try to not waste to much time during the week. Each day I go to work then i get to the gym.
thats a big one and from the sounds of it exercise could help you alot! Also try to get occupied with various things cause free time only gives you time to think about stuff.

Absent Minded

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whatsupwiddat
Don't listen to Absent-Minded.

Get "Stairway to heaven" by Led Zeppelin

Always somehow rescued me from depression.
Hmm why not. Not everyone likes that kind of music. 2pac and eminem really does make you feel better through hard times, if only you knew. Not everyone was brought up the way you were, it depends on your taste. If you like rap then go my way if u like rock or whatever go your way, but dont say to not listen to me just because you think differently.

Roots

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, just in case you got a gangster in you, try out some gangsta rap music! Who knows, you might like it, but i can guarantee after you listen to a few of the songs, you'll be wanting to run in your streets and kill stupid fvcks. Try out some older Wu-Tang, GZA, M.O.P., Tech N9ne, and sh*t like that. It'll put the adrenaline back in your blood. Actually i reccomend all DJ's to try it out. If you like it, you can come to my hood and fvck my b*tches.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Absent Minded
Hmm why not. Not everyone likes that kind of music. 2pac and eminem really does make you feel better through hard times, if only you knew. Not everyone was brought up the way you were, it depends on your taste. If you like rap then go my way if u like rock or whatever go your way, but dont say to not listen to me just because you think differently.
Yes..... But I'm always right.:p

And I was kidding and forgot to put the smiley.

Absent Minded

Don Juan
Reaction score
now see if only the smiley was there :p

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I Recommand getting yourself a MxPx album(s) or just download it from kazaa. This stuff will cheer you up right a way. A lot of there songs deal with this sort of thing and it is always a good idea to litsen to music when you are down.

punkrunner

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Ive just been listening to music and trying to keep myself occupied. And now Im feeling alot better about myself.

As for the rap/hip hop music that isnt me, Im more about the punk rock. Sushi what other punk music do you listen to?

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:eek: You've come to the right man :eek:

- Good charlotte
- Nofx (they will crack you up)
- sum 41
- blink ( obviously )
- rancid
- pennywise
- bad religion
- lost prophets(not really a punk band but u should really check them out)
- the used
-GOB ( canada's best )

But MXPX is the top of them all

Absent Minded

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont like too much rock, but the anthem is good

Quad4IV

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Rolling Stones