Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Depression and motivational quotes!

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like I've hit an all time low.

I've tried so hard to stay positive and have a positive outlook on life, but ever since november 2005, it feels like I've been on a rolarcoaster ride - going from all time high to all time low. I thought all I needed was a change of scenery, so I packed up my bags and left Australia for Turkey. It seemed to help for a while, I got my sh!t together, started up a business and moved back home to Norway to start law school.

Everything was going great....till now.

This morning I woke up and it all crashed down on me. I realized when you cut it down to the bone and come up with the bare facts, my life really does sucks no matter how you want to sugar coat it. It blows. End of discussion.

To summarize my life in a sentence : I'm bold (got a moon going on), fat, no money, maxed out credit cards, my business is going down the drain, no girlfriend (left her in Turkey), no social life (3 years away from everybody works wonders for your social life :rolleyes:), no motivation whatsoever and the coup de grâce; I look way older than my 22 years so whenever I go to a party with my age group all the chicks gives me the 'Look at the old creepy guy look'.

Well I guess the fat lady is singing right now.

The only thing that keeps me going right now is this great quote from Al Bundy
"So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered down Tang and still-frozen Pop Tart, get in my car with no upholstery, no gas and six more payments to fight traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman, and I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. 'Cause despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what he wanted to be, are still out there, being what we don't wanna be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun to my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner!"
Any of you guys got any motivational quotes that have a special meaning for you?

/rant

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://motivationalquotes.com/ <-- That's a site my sister takes a lot of inspiration from. I've spent a bit of time on there, and you can seriously get swept away in a sea of cliffhanger quotes.

Depression is a tough thing. Hell, anytime you're feeling down it's hard. But like i've always been told..circumstances are one thing, choices are another. Don't be guided by the tide, make your own decisions and take your own paths.

For example, if you feel you're overweight, then get rid of the bulge. If you're going bald, pull a Vin Diesel. Small things that you control is life set of a chain of actions. One thing will lead to another, as long as you are willing to take steps to make it happen.

Life is tough. It is a rollercoaster, and sometimes you can lose control. But you always have a choice.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're one of the guys I respect most on this board, so it really sucks to hear you're down. I was pretty depressed last fall too, having issues about my personal value, and it feels like something you'll never escape. But looking back on it, I just found things I was passionate about and pushed myself into them (in my case, it was fashion and my studies). I bought this cool T shirt back then that said "This too shall pass" and that's been my life motto since then. It's not the most profound quote ever but it really does help. Just keep reminding yourself that this too shall pass, and it will.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Possibly your signal substances in the brain are in the wrong amounts. You can't fight a chemical depression by just trying to get better. It doesn't work like that. Look at me, I've been depressed/felt good since I was fifteen (soon 22). And the only thing which has worked is the damned pills. Go to a doctor.

Like you I've had my own company, tried to be succesful. It's just a placebo for not being happy. What is the point of being successful if you cannot enjoy your life. Let me tell you, stress like having a company will tear you down if you have a depression. It nearly got me killed. Don't have too high expectations on yourself. Go out and meet people, work out, get a job, cheap appartment and enjoy life, at least for a while until you get better. Then start slowly again.

People probably give you the looks because you're depressed.

Edit: These used to give me motivation: http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~graham/quotes/success.html

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Al Bundy is wealthy by world standards. 75% of the planet has an annual income of less than 200 US dollars.

Most of the people in the world are dirt-poor peasants, living in a shack or mud hut and squatting in their own filth. These 2-3 billion people will never have the opportunities that you do. How much sympathy do you think they would have for a depressed law student?

It's only the bad chemicals in your head that make it seem like your life sucks, but in fact you are very fortunate to be you.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Centaurion: I have one thing to say to you.

Change is a decision away.

Laterz...

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't think any motivational quotes will cease the depressed state. learn autogenic training.

Paper Boy

Banned
Reaction score
Come to America, the land of opportunity. Everywhere around the world, they come to America. Everytime that flags unfurled, they come to America...

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
Good afternoon Centaurion

This is what I want you to do.

Go ahead and grab that King James Bible on the shelf, wipe the dust off.
Now go to your favorite resturant and order your favorite meal.
And take all the time in the world to relax there and eat. Once you leave now open all the windows of your car, lean your seat down and just take a nap a few hours, relax and let go.

Now that your mind and body is at ease, go ahead and slowly open your King James Bible to the Old testament, to the book of Job. Now read slowly and thoughtly fully.

After you read how blessed this man was and then what happend, go ahead be in a thankful mood to God for everything you have including your health, vision, family and all the people you have met.

Why should you thank God? Cause you may die today.. and yet you been living your life to 85 on the bottom. Do what must be done Centaurion.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Al Bundy is wealthy by world standards. 75% of the planet has an annual income of less than 200 US dollars.

Most of the people in the world are dirt-poor peasants, living in a shack or mud hut and squatting in their own filth. These 2-3 billion people will never have the opportunities that you do. How much sympathy do you think they would have for a depressed law student?

It's only the bad chemicals in your head that make it seem like your life sucks, but in fact you are very fortunate to be you.
Yeah, never have any sympathy for yourself because there are always someone else off even worse. Great thinking. Besides, the peasants don't know any better, people who live pretty far down on the class scale can always see how good the people above them have in Industrial countries.

"Change is a decision away."

About as helpful as "C'mon cheer up dude" from my experience. You can't do **** about unbalanced signal substances besides getting medication. Trying to fix it yourself is impossible.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bbestar said:
Good afternoon Centaurion

This is what I want you to do.

Go ahead and grab that King James Bible on the shelf, wipe the dust off.
Now go to your favorite resturant and order your favorite meal.
And take all the time in the world to relax there and eat. Once you leave now open all the windows of your car, lean your seat down and just take a nap a few hours, relax and let go.

Now that your mind and body is at ease, go ahead and slowly open your King James Bible to the Old testament, to the book of Job. Now read slowly and thoughtly fully.

After you read how blessed this man was and then what happend, go ahead be in a thankful mood to God for everything you have including your health, vision, family and all the people you have met.

Why should you thank God? Cause you may die today.. and yet you been living your life to 85 on the bottom. Do what must be done Centaurion.
He obviously has great health if he's depressed. Thank god for that. I don't get why you talk alot about thanking god, "make a change" or thinking about how bad other people have it. If he's depressed then there is ONE thing which help and that's to seek professional help. Trying to fix it yourself is just prolonged torture.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't do **** about unbalanced signal substances besides getting medication. Trying to fix it yourself is impossible.

And yet somehow people managed to make it for thousands of years before there were prescription drug companies.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
You can't do **** about unbalanced signal substances besides getting medication. Trying to fix it yourself is impossible.

And yet somehow people managed to make it for thousands of years before there were prescription drug companies.
Yeah people lived with depression accepting it as a part of themselves. Medical science get better for every year. I ask myself why this guy should continue to be depressed when there is a solution which work for alot of the patients.

TheoTiger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how taking pills against depression is a solution.

Oh, you feel bad? Well, smoke that joint and you'll feel better...very shortsighted. :box:

And "Change is a decision away" is actually very good advice if you can act upon it.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies guys.

I printed out the quotes on those links, and I kept reading them aloud over and over all day yesterday. I realize now that, as ~ªêQµïTª$~ said, change is only a decision away. And I've deceided to change.

I hammered out a diet and a training plan, a studying plan and I'm working on putting my goals down on paper, so I can break them into smaller short term goals. As they say even the longest journey starts with a step.

I actually took some time yesterday to read through the book of Job, even though it gave me something to think about, I can't say it was all that helpful. I know this may sound harsh and may well lead me into damnation (if you belive in that), but I really don't care how the poorest 75-80% of the world's population lives. So thinking that there probably is a sod out there that has it way way worse than me doesn't really cheer me up or put me in perspective.

I am not willing to go the pill route yet, but maybe sometime in the near future.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Stuff!

Centaurion: I'm really happy to see that you have taken it upon yourself to CHANGE our life into something u WANT it to be.... Keep it up... There is no ways that so much positivety will give a bad result;)

Laterz..

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paper Boy said:
Come to America, the land of opportunity. Everywhere around the world, they come to America. Everytime that flags unfurled, they come to America...
Damn straight.

And of course the other Developed countries like Australia. Canada, Britain, France, Canada... etc.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yea, I forgot to mention the Psalms

and Psalms 23

It was written by david a man who was being hunted for many years, hiding in caves and in other lands.

Though he was meant to be king, he sought comfort in God in his low points in life.

You know centurion, both Job and David risked death in life and yet at the end of there suffering they recieved wealth and happiness untold. Job recieved double of what he all lost, and david after many years in the desert and far away lands became the King of Israel