Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Depressing night at party

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, worst night I've had in weeks. I went to a friend's party (it was actually a formal dinner, but less formal after the food). I knew a few people, but they left early after the dinner.

After that everyone let down their hair a bit. The music got cranked up, and unfortunately I had a bit too much to drink because my head started hurting from the music.

Now I can't dance well (in fact I can't dance at all), but I tried it on the dancefloor. I had no idea how to do those complicated moves a lot of guys seem to know (the getting behind the girl and grinding her), so I ended up kind of swaying a bit.

Got off the floor, talked to a few, but a lot of them didn't seem to be interested. My head started hurting worse, so I went outside (I figured there might be some girls out there). Strange of strangeness, there's absolutely nobody outside the house. In fact, outside the giant living room, nobody is around. If I wasn't such a nice person I'd probably rob the house.

I ended up leaving in the early morning while everyone was still dancing, and ironically the least crap attempt I did was on the street walking home, when I met this girl from some other place in town.

Eh....a little hangover the next morning, a sore throat, and a bit of embarrassment. For some reason I do really bad at clubs and dances.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know the feeling.. Last night wasn't one of my better nights either..

I noticed this happens to me when I'm either tired or just not in the best of moods. This is appearantly what you send out to other people and even if you try and smile at someone, it just doesn't come off as sincere and you get very little response.

In your case it might have been a combination of your headache and a little bit of insecurity about your dancing skills. My advice:

Write it down as just an off-day and forget about it. Don't let it make you feel insecure by any means. Just take the next day and tell yourself you are THE MAN!!!

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Reaction score
If you can't dance at all, I suggest you don't. I' cringe at guys at clubs who try to dance and grind with chicks at clubs but come off looking like un-co kunts.

Not every party is a get-laid-easy-tonight card. Some nights are just off.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After that everyone let down their hair a bit. The music got cranked up, and unfortunately I had a bit too much to drink because my head started hurting from the music.
This has happened to me quite a few times. I'll be at a bar with friends and I'll have a few drinks to try and relax and then I end up getting drunk. Pretty soon I see all these hot girls in the bar that I would love to talk to but then I realize it's pointless because I am so drunk I'll just make an ass of myself. Then I just get all depressed and go home miserable.

Limit your drinking, use self control.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It may not seem readily apparent, but this tends to happen mostly to people who believe that they have to drink a lot at parties/clubs to have a good time. This can be (as shown) very detrimental to you and may follow you in the long run.

Even for those who just have to have a drink to "loosen up" should ask themselves why they need something external to gt them going. What ever happened to the concept of always "being on" and being able to be a DJ 24 hours a day no matter the situation?

Consider this, you are at work and bump into a HB who works at a neighboring office. You decide to make your move but change your mind because you aren't loose enough. Is it your fault because you haven't had a drink or is it really something else?

Work on your own internal skills, especially if you know exactly where you are lacking. And here's a hint, it's much harder to learn or perform a new skill if you are drunk. Be authentic in your actions, don't rely on external boosts like liquid courage as a crutch. Be strong by being able to stand tall under you own means!

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I wasn't drunk (normally takes triple what I had to get me wasted), but the booze combined with the music gave me a huge headache.

Problem is I never went to clubs or music events much, so I haven't had much experience at clubs/dances, and I can't seem to figure out much how to talk to somebody in there. I do better at quieter environments (ie. anyplace that isn't full of blaring music).

However I figure that if I don't learn now, I'm going to have a tougher time doing so in future. Theres a college clubbing event coming up next month, I might give that a shot (without booze this time).

Apart from the stuff in the DJ bible, is there any other topics/articles that might give some advice for a club?

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigWillyStyle
If you can't dance at all, I suggest you don't. I' cringe at guys at clubs who try to dance and grind with chicks at clubs but come off looking like un-co kunts.
how are u supposed to learn then? Can someone who hasn't freaked before just sort of pick it up on the fly by watching other guys? I've only done freak dancing a couple times.....and I didn't find it that difficult. Maybe you just have to watch other ppl and be comfortable with dancing in order to try it?