Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Define GAME - a challenge

Reaction score
Harry,

These two posters basically said what I said but with a little more clarity, these are the answers to your question about "game":

grinder says

Game” is a falsehood, a superficial pretense. The goal of “Game” is to incorporate it into one’s personality. Until it is done, it is training wheels, and those wheels fall off if over used. And once incorporated, the uninitiated will point to the man with women and say “he’s got game…” never understanding that to the man, it is just the way he is.

That's just f'in excellently written.

str8up says

"Game" is nothing more than an imitation of the behavior of a high status/alpha male that is fine tuned by an awareness of the psychological mechanisms behind it. In other words, game is a (somewhat) artificial construct that serves to elevate your relative value (negs, social proof, DHV, etc). These traits are NATURALLY found in high status men.
Thank you. Just like what I said earlier, once you develop your internal confidence to certain points "game" will not be some little trick or technique you DO to get women specifically, the "game" we talk about will come out of you naturally just being a regular MAN. Not only will your "game" come from your natural personality, but so will other things like your success, wisdom, etc., you will be the whole package.

Internal self-confidence goes a long way.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the only thing this proved is that there is no real consensus or understanding of what "Game" is. Its open to interpretation, which means that any suggestion of "game" as the answer to all problems falls horribly flat.

I am in Str8ups camp. A social tool used to create the impression of status which you really dont have. Thats all it is. Monkeys using paper mache to create the illusion of status in an aim to get laid. Thats beside the point though

The constant claims of "This would not happen if you have game" mean absolutely nothing if there is no real consensus or understanding of what game really is. It means something different to most folks on here and you can see that from the difference in opinion expressed by many regulars.

The Kings Clothes. Thats what this lark is.

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
The constant claims of "This would not happen if you have game" mean absolutely nothing if there is no real consensus or understanding of what game really is. It means something different to most folks on here and you can see that from the difference in opinion expressed by many regulars.

The Kings Clothes. Thats what this lark is.
The reason there isn't a consensus on game is because some people don't have it. It's the same way with most things. People with confidence define it much differently than those without it. It seems to me that you are hellbent on believing that the ONLY thing in life that will attract more women to you is having more money and other superficial things. Granted they do help, there are many other things that will help you do well with women. That being said, you believing that's the only thing that's going to help makes it so. I wish you well on that path.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
These traits are NATURALLY found in high status men.
You mean like this guy?

Or this guy?

I'm sure you've read about them both on Roissy.

Point is, game-related behaviors might come more naturally to high-status males, by sheer virtue of their station in life. But high status is not a guarantee of sound game, and many a high-ranking pseudo-alpha has fallen prey to the siren song of beta wuss behavior.

However, I agree with your overall definition.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
Point is, game-related behaviors might come more naturally to high-status males, by sheer virtue of their station in life. But high status is not a guarantee of sound game, and many a high-ranking pseudo-alpha has fallen prey to the siren song of beta wuss behavior.
The PUA king himself, Mystery, fell prey to the wiles of a hot chick.

The guy who only knows "game" is susceptible to the same driveling beta behavior as the high roller who doesn't know how to deal with women.

They both have one thing in common, which is that they both possess the "bait" with which to attract hot women.

You are putting the chicken before the egg when you say that "game-related behaviors might come more naturally to high-status males". High status/alpha was the model for game, which has only been around (in the scientific sense we know it) for a few years.

To address your point more directly, I wasn't implying that ALL high status men are the model of PUA's. No, PUA'S mimic the behaviors of high status males who realize their true value. If bachelor #1 knew his true value in the mating game he wouldn't be writing love sonnets. Our culture today has pu$$ified even those men who should have a line of women licking his shoes. Pretty bad.

Also, you might have missed the fact that bachelor #2 thought he was the man, until he had the status-hammer dropped on him by a German prince. A German prince. Status is exponential. And high status is severely diminished in the face of higher status. The fact that he turned in to a blubbering wussbag after his chick left him is understandable given the fact that they were together since they were kids. The article also mentions that he bulldozed his way through some other pu$$y at one piont in his life as well.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
The PUA king himself, Mystery, fell prey to the wiles of a hot chick.

The guy who only knows "game" is susceptible to the same driveling beta behavior as the high roller who doesn't know how to deal with women.

They both have one thing in common, which is that they both possess the "bait" with which to attract hot women.

You are putting the chicken before the egg when you say that "game-related behaviors might come more naturally to high-status males". High status/alpha was the model for game, which has only been around (in the scientific sense we know it) for a few years.

To address your point more directly, I wasn't implying that ALL high status men are the model of PUA's. No, PUA'S mimic the behaviors of high status males who realize their true value. If bachelor #1 knew his true value in the mating game he wouldn't be writing love sonnets. Our culture today has pu$$ified even those men who should have a line of women licking his shoes. Pretty bad.

Also, you might have missed the fact that bachelor #2 thought he was the man, until he had the status-hammer dropped on him by a German prince. A German prince. Status is exponential. And high status is severely diminished in the face of higher status. The fact that he turned in to a blubbering wussbag after his chick left him is understandable given the fact that they were together since they were kids. The article also mentions that he bulldozed his way through some other pu$$y at one piont in his life as well.

Ok - that makes more sense now.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Surely GAME is accepting within yourself that it is OK to be a man and do "manly" things.

If women then can not accept your overt masculinity - then you don't want those women anyway.

This might leave slim pickings due to the differences between men and women being skewered in the last 30 years.......unless all you want from women is endless fvckbuddies. That might be all you want so thats fine.

I still hold hope, perhaps naievly, that there are women left who appreciate traditional men.

In fact, I don't like the word "GAME". It implies rotuines, gimmicks and is open to ridicule.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
Why do we need "game"?
What is "game"?
Why do we practice "game"?

This is not aimed at the people who believe that chicks are genuinely attracted to money or fame. No no. This is aimed at those people who constantly say that wealth, looks, etc mean very little if you have tight "game." The kind of guys who say that only gold digging *****s are interested in men with money or attention *****s are interested in bad boys. These are the chaps I would like to see a response from. The chaps who wax lyrical about the line of hotties outside their door even though they flip burgers.

So please define "game" for me. Why do we need it? What is its purpose? What are we looking to achieve with it? What are the results we can expect from it? What is the reason for it?

I think it would do this forum some good to have a clear indication of what game is and what purpose it serves so that all discussions going forward may have some kind of consensus.
Game is understanding what girls *really* want and giving it to her.

Now for the Alpha Male - part of game is completely natural - take for example dominance. He does not need to purposely neg her or display value, he is already dominant naturally.

But for the Alpha Male - part of the game is *unnatural* and so he does not bother with it. For example, girls screen on superficialities such as a nice car. A pick up artist will buy a nice car JUST to impress the girls, whereas the Alpha Male, if he does not care about cars and would rather invest the money, then he won't bother with a nice car.

I am not going the pick-up-artist / seducer route so I don't really focus on game. Game is about maximizing your appeal to girls - no matter what the cost. I would rather focus on maximizing my life and thus I go the *natural* route.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man you guys love to overanalyze this crap!!

Game is a hip way to say charisma or charm. That's it!

Game is sitting in a pub with a group of your buddies and looking over at a table full of hotties across the room. You get up, walk over, introduce yourself and charm the hell out of them. You get them smiling and laughing and bring them all back to the table with your buddies.

If you can do that, you got game!

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's about emulating (if you don't naturally exude it), in one word, charisma.

Another generation may have called it, "being smooth".