Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Define GAME - a challenge

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do we need "game"?
What is "game"?
Why do we practice "game"?

This is not aimed at the people who believe that chicks are genuinely attracted to money or fame. No no. This is aimed at those people who constantly say that wealth, looks, etc mean very little if you have tight "game." The kind of guys who say that only gold digging *****s are interested in men with money or attention *****s are interested in bad boys. These are the chaps I would like to see a response from. The chaps who wax lyrical about the line of hotties outside their door even though they flip burgers.

So please define "game" for me. Why do we need it? What is its purpose? What are we looking to achieve with it? What are the results we can expect from it? What is the reason for it?

I think it would do this forum some good to have a clear indication of what game is and what purpose it serves so that all discussions going forward may have some kind of consensus.

starplayer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to say what "game" ultimately is, but i would say that it is creating the illusion of having higher value than you actually have. A lot of the tricks and techniques used make it appear as though you are more in demand than you actually are.

Game is like making a very very very good first impression, so good in fact that it can make a woman want to sleep with you very quickly. Because of this, i've found that game is very useful for ONS and quick flings.

However, the biggest and most obvious downside of game is that it's a false projection of you. If you just want to pump and dump it's ok, but if you want to use game to get a relationship then i just don't see how it can work. She will see soon enough that you are a fake. If you are a loser who has tight game you're basically going out and with a perfected art of not appearing a loser. You're like a dodgy salesman, and when she finds out she has a defective product she'll be disappointed and just throw it away.

So many guys on here complain about how a girl was all into them after gaming them, then she lost interest. Well WTF do you expect!?! You're not who she thought you were! When you met in the club or bar with all your tricks and techniques she consciously and subconsciously thought you were a very high value alpha male who her emotions told her she had to fvck now. She gets to know you and it was all just BS! You're not rich, or high status! You don't have a cool life and you're not surrounded by pvssy 24/7! In her eyes you're just a beta loser pretending to be something you're not. She won't be attracted to you anymore.

This is why sosuave is better than all those sites that solely focus on PUA techniques. Many people here have realized that the only true path to success with women is to actually have a real ABUNDANCE of women. And the only way to get that is through SELF-IMPROVEMENT and hard work.

So yeah, everyone should work on their game, it's good to practice with women. If you want sex then it works. But you cannot hold a relationship together using game. Even a FB is dangerous territory - so many guys on here saying "what should i do with my FB? shes not calling" etc. Game is good for getting a girl into bed, but not for keeping her.

Game is a quick-fix solution, sold as a magic bullet by the seduction gurus selling their sh!t. The only reliable way to keep a women interested long-term is if she knows, without a shadow of a doubt, that if she left you there are many other women (as attractive as her) who would suck your d!ck that night.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
game is the ability to make a woman do what you want them to do when you want them to do it.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Game is utilizing all the resources available to you, including looks, money, personality, character, self-belief, logistics etc., to obtain the relationship (from casual to serious & everything in between) you want with the women you desire.

Reaction score
This is not aimed at the people who believe that chicks are genuinely attracted to money or fame. No no. This is aimed at those people who constantly say that wealth, looks, etc mean very little if you have tight "game."
Those guys are wrong. As I pointed to you in the other thread, it's JUST AS WRONG to say that MONEY/FAME means everything just as it is to say that GAME (inner or outer) means everything.

EVERYTHING MEANS EVERYTHING! lol.

You should be striving to be an all around cool ass guy. Meaning you should be striving to increase your income, increase your looks (workouts, grooming, facials if you need to), etc.

To say that one is BETTER than the other would be like saying which is more important, putting gas in your car or tires on it? Lol, you better have a complete damn CAR if you plan to actually GET anywhere.

The kind of guys who say that only gold digging *****s are interested in men with money or attention *****s are interested in bad boys. These are the chaps I would like to see a response from. The chaps who wax lyrical about the line of hotties outside their door even though they flip burgers.

Well I used to flip burgers like 10 years ago in high school lol. But again Harry, you didn't even answer my question in the last thread. Do you know how many guys ACTUALLY make over 100k in REAL LIFE? Now there's guys that make 25k but MAX out credit cards to LOOK like they live a 100k lifestyle but that's another thing.

Harry, if what you are saying is correct about women and the guys with 100k plus in money, evolution and the state of the human race would be extinct!

So please define "game" for me. Why do we need it? What is its purpose? What are we looking to achieve with it? What are the results we can expect from it? What is the reason for it?
Well, most guys define game as some sort of plan that they lay out to get a woman interested. Can be more direct or indirect, internal or external, or both.

What most overall great guys eventually get to is that there's no need for "game," or some sort of "plan" and they just develop themselves to be overall well-rounded and cool guys to where meeting and attracting women is just a regular course of the day and not some "pre-achieved plan" that they make up. In other words, they eventually conceive that they have no game, they use no techniques, they just increased their overall self-confidence and other things and do what alot of the "gamers" talk about naturally.

For me personally, I know that's what I do. When I meet women I am really just kicking back and enjoying the situation and letting things flow naturally. The times I honestly had problems with women is when I had other serious issues occurring where I just couldn't relax and be comfortable in my own damn skin, which was mainly from other personal issues I had going on.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You missed the point entirely dude. Christ. Stop projecting and stop jumping to conclusions. Concentrate on the topic at hand.

Define game. The purpose of game. The reason why we need game

Money, power, dominance, looks...this is not game. Those are indications of STATUS, not game. Game theory is a psychological and social "tool" men use to generate attraction in women.

why is it effective?
why do we do it?
why do we need to do it?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
Money, power, dominance, looks...this is not game. Those are indications of STATUS, not game.
Of course all those things are not Game. Game is how you use those things most effectively to seduce the women you want.

Having good looks, having lots of money, having high social status etc. are good but how you use those to your advantage to get women is Game.

The Game of a very good looking guy will be different to that of a very funny & smart guy, to a very wealthy guy, or socially well connected / high status guy.

The purpose of Game is to stack the cards in your favour, to make the best use of what you have.

The reason why you need Game? Without Game, you're wasting a lot of your own potentials as they currently are, as well as failing to recognize areas you need to improve.

A male model without Game will at best be used as eye candy or human dildo for girls. A wealthy guy without Game is a sucker cash cow for gold diggers. Those guys let their own best selling points be used against them, because they have no idea how to make use of those when it comes to women.

jscore

Reaction score
Game is simply being a better person. Someone who people (both women and men) find interesting and want to spend time with.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Of course all those things are not Game. Game is how you use those things most effectively to seduce the women you want.

Having good looks, having lots of money, having high social status etc. are good but how you use those to your advantage to get women is Game.

The Game of a very good looking guy will be different to that of a very funny & smart guy, to a very wealthy guy, or socially well connected / high status guy.

The purpose of Game is to stack the cards in your favour, to make the best use of what you have.

The reason why you need Game? Without Game, you're wasting a lot of your own potentials as they currently are, as well as failing to recognize areas you need to improve.

A male model without Game will at best be used as eye candy or human dildo for girls. A wealthy guy without Game is a sucker cash cow for gold diggers. Those guys let their own best selling points be used against them, because they have no idea how to make use of those when it comes to women.

quoted for truth

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You aren't going to accomplish anything by baiting people into exposing the flaws in their own argument. They are too ingrained in their limited beliefs to give objective answers.

I know the REAL answer to this question, but I want to see what everyone has to say so I'm not telling.

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Game is in simplest terms, the mastery of social situations. We live in a society that is more or less incapable of directly communicating. Having "game" allows you to put your best foot forward and use your understanding of human interaction to allow for the best probability of achieving your desired goal.

As an example, imagine you went to work tomorrow and said, "I'm the best worker here and you should pay me the most money." Are you automatically going to be given a raise above everyone else? Absolutely not. I'm sure you can see why that would be absurd. You have to play the "game". You wouldn't ask why you can't just work hard and tell people to make more money, but that's essentially what you are doing when asking why game is needed to get a relationship (STR or LTR).

Career and Game are essentially the same in that the one with the most knowledge of how the game works wins. We "practice" game because we want to be the best. Being the best allows for more success, which in turn shows that our efforts have been rewarded. It's as simple and as complicated as that.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's psycho-social dominance, and it's for your achievement and fulfillment - romantically, professionally, and otherwise.

I've always thought of the word "game" as a misnomer. It really is designed to undo moreso than to add anything to your psyche. Certain tried-and-true technologies, like negging, are learned, but game is really about stripping away the layers and layers of indoctrination that turn the modern man into a hopeless AFC.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once talked briefly with a cute girl at school one day and was going to ask her out, but the next day saw her making puppy-dog eyes at some other guy, who happened to be a rich 6' 7" male model. I gave up instantly and did not talk to her for a month. Then later we ended up going out and getting along well. One day, as she got dressed while I layed in her bed, I asked her what ever became of her and Mr Model. She laughed and said he was cute, but - in her exact words - "he had no game."

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJjazzyJeff said:
Game is in simplest terms, the mastery of social situations.
Best answer so far.

Ever wonder why MEN are so preoccupied with "game"? Why aren't women concerned with game? Why do men have books and web forums and gurus to tell them how to play the game? Why does it seem that there are a disproportionate amount of men getting PLAYED as opposed to women?

The answer is multifactorial, but if you want it simplified it comes down to men's desire for sex and the LENGTHS they are willing to go to to get that sex. Women have their own desires, but they realize what men will do to get or keep sex, and that's part of what makes it a game.

If you don't think that's at the heart of the "game", look at the options principle. The reason why having many female options is advantageous for a man is because he doesn't allow himself to be compromised in pursuit of his goal, whether that be STR, LTR, casual sex, etc. Having many viable choices makes you BETTER at the game, because you have the power to say NO and not go home a loser. A man with only 1 option will make sacrifices he wouldn't otherwise make to keep that option, and by consequence give up his dominance. He has NEED at that point. Not a place a man wants to be.

Game is not tangible or material, as in money, status, having nice things and knowing big people. These things can augment game or even be byproducts of a good player's game, but they are peripheral factors. Game is simply the ability, the SKILL, to play social situation in a way that brings you a favorable outcome.

Examples:

-A girl you are dating subtly insults you in front of a group of her friends. How you handle that is a reflection of your game. You can either walk out dissed and looking like a chump, or you can turn it around in a way that benefits you and your frame.

-You see a girl you like and want to approach her, but she is with some friends and you don't know how to glide in without it being awkward and obvious you're going in for a play. Skill in this area of game can land a new option, lack of skill will teach you some lessons.

-You're out with your girl at a club and some big hulking guy steps in for a play, right in front of you. How you handle it is a reflection of your skill in social game.

-You're in an LTR and your girlfriend has been spending an inordinate amount of time with her male "friend". She's chatting nightly with him online, going out to lunch every week, and even stays over at his house---"on the couch"--- because she had a few beers and didn't want to drive. Game time, buddy.

These are just some colloquial examples, but you get the idea how game is mastery of interactions with women, and others.

So why do men "need" game? Well, several reasons. Women are naturally the more social of the sexes. They talk. A lot. In fact it's pretty much all they do. Women are far more socially perceptive than most men give them credit for. In this respect they have a natural advantage over us. This is one reason why men need to hone game. Another reason is the way social schemes are structured in our culture. Many, if not most of them, are designed by women and to benefit women. They are reinforced by pussified men. If you have keen game you can cut through a lot of this BS without necessarily being ostracized socially. Third, it can prevent you from getting burned and left high and dry wondering what the hell happened. Any man who has been through the ringer at least once can tell you women can be the most conniving, underhanded creatures on earth when the FEEL they've been scorned. Game increases your awareness and causes you to be proactive instead of reactive.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Hooligan Harry said:
Why do we need "game"?
What is "game"?
Why do we practice "game"?

This is not aimed at the people who believe that chicks are genuinely attracted to money or fame. No no. This is aimed at those people who constantly say that wealth, looks, etc mean very little if you have tight "game." The kind of guys who say that only gold digging *****s are interested in men with money or attention *****s are interested in bad boys. These are the chaps I would like to see a response from. The chaps who wax lyrical about the line of hotties outside their door even though they flip burgers.

I think it would do this forum some good to have a clear indication of what game is and what purpose it serves so that all discussions going forward may have some kind of consensus.
You'll know it when you see it. ;)

Until then, keep on trying to buy it. If nothing else, you'll have a sh*t-ton of money and that isn't a bad thing. :cool:

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to expand on what colossus said in a prior post to this one.

Ever wonder why MEN are so preoccupied with "game"?

The same reason why men are much more preoccupied with sports. Competition brings forth a primal aspect as to who we are. Humans have evolved past the point of needing to hunt and kill in order to survive, but the mechanism has not dissipated from our genes. We still see this predominantly in sports, and huge sporting events like the World cup, or the Super Bowl. We need these conflict laden events in our lives , or else we lose touch with who we are.

I believe many men love "game" becasue it offers an array of multidimensional challenges. In the arena of women, many men want to be able to talk to women better, look better, or have more friends. Such aspects provide points of improvement we can focus on. Furthermore, 'game' provides everyone similar measuring sticks: can squirrels out game me? (just an example). I think a lot of it comes down to the simple point that everyone wants to be the biggest and baddest, and game is merely a conduit to get there.

Without goals and milestones which we judge ourselves, I think many would grow bored. In fact, I think this is what happens to the majority of married people. They no longer need to continue to improve themselves, and grow stale with complacency and redundancy. This is maybe why many middle age men either develop weird hobbies, or have a mid life crisis. The happiest most interesting people I know are the ones who hold true to their goals, and continue to improve despite the societal standards set forth by the lazy and seemingly unintelligent masses. For example, people believe that it is perfectly acceptable to gain weight and get out of shape simply because they are getting 'older'.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Game” is a falsehood, a superficial pretense.

The goal of “Game” is to incorporate it into one’s personality. Until it is done, it is training wheels, and those wheels fall off if over used.

And once incorporated, the uninitiated will point to the man with women and say “he’s got game…” never understanding that to the man, it is just the way he is.

Reaction score
Game can be considered persuasion or manipulation. Depends on your own viewpoint.

Seduction was once the province of women. Women had to learn game, they had to learn manipulation, because men were superior to women in every way: physical, social, cultural.

Nowadays, women have just as much or even more power than men. Women have just as much game as they did when men ruled the world, only now they have enormous political power. So morality aside, game is a necessity for men.

"All's fair in love and war."

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few decent responses, but other than that pretty much what I expected.

"Game" is nothing more than an imitation of the behavior of a high status/alpha male that is fine tuned by an awareness of the psychological mechanisms behind it.

In other words, game is a (somewhat) artificial construct that serves to elevate your relative value (negs, social proof, DHV, etc).

These traits are NATURALLY found in high status men.

To put it into a simple equation-

Game = a way for lower status men to share the bounty.

Reaction score
STR8UP said:
A few decent responses, but other than that pretty much what I expected.

"Game" is nothing more than an imitation of the behavior of a high status/alpha male that is fine tuned by an awareness of the psychological mechanisms behind it.

In other words, game is a (somewhat) artificial construct that serves to elevate your relative value (negs, social proof, DHV, etc).

These traits are NATURALLY found in high status men.

To put it into a simple equation-

Game = a way for lower status men to share the bounty.
God help us if that's game.

I don't use any of that neg, dhv, calculate her interest and use openers crap.

I...
1. Find women that are attracted to me.
2. Get her life story.
3. Sell her the dream (Prince Charming, millionaire on the make, etc.)
4. F*ck good.

That's game in my book.