I think undesputable is hitting on something people should pay more attention to.
He's hinting at a need for a Vocabulary of reactions. Everyone has a verbal vocabulary that they use when speaking. Although you probably know thousands of words, thing of how many of them you use in regular conversation. And think about how many words, and word combinations, or ways of speaking, that make you unique?
This is a concept popular with musicians, dealing with their musical vocabulary. You know how you can hear a song and tell which band/solo artist is playing even if you haven't been told yet? That's because you are accustomed to their musical vocabulary. They have a way of playing that is unique enough for you to know who it is pretty soon after the song starts.
So Undesputable is talking about acquiring a social vocabulary, which is pretty crucial. Most guys that have naturally acquired a good one think this concept is silly (much as natural DJ's think this site is silly) and guys that haven't acquired one probably completely understand what I'm talking about.
As for some of your specific questions:
her throwing a tantrum on you: with kids and adults when this happens you can only do one thing: walk away. People throw tantrums for attention. If you just walk away mid tantrum not only are you denying attention, but they look douche bags throwing a tantrum all by themselves.
Her comlimenting you: Just say thanks. I personally don't find a way to compliment a person back right after they compliment me because it looks insincere.
Girls saying you're fat/ugly: probably won't happen unless A) she's a total ***** B) you're being out of line. This has only happened to me once, and I've been fat my whole life. And I was being out of line. And she was a *****. Really, this is another one where I personally just walk away. That's the type of thing she says to make you BLOW UP you're so mad. Don't give her the satisfaction. She wants to have everyone see you scream at her. It makes her a victim.
I guess most of the situations you listed end up with me walking away right after of as it happens. I guess that's why I've moved 5 times in the past 3 years. I walk away from things a lot.