"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

deep voices

dice

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
304
Reaction score
5
i have a deep voice that just blends in with any noise thats going on and makes me impossible to hear. I am fine in one on one conversations but the more people the harder it is to conversate. .. in conversations i am usually interupted or asked to repeat myself. Anyway enough whining, i was just wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they deal with it. Should i just start yelling at everyone i talk to in group conversations, because my voice kind of gives off a monotone deep boring sound.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Amog

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Work on your tonality. Smoothen it out, and project more. It may be a good idea for you to get a voice recorder to listen to yourself. The voice recorder is also good for recording sarges. You can listen to yourself after the fact and see what you need work on.
 

Smile

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2001
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
People would be able to hear you more if you talked more slowly.
 

dice

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
304
Reaction score
5
sarges?
 

PlayerSupreme

Banned
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Age
67
Location
Sacramento
Yeah I did. What you gotta do is project more at your audience. Whether it's one person or 1,000 you gotta learn to use your stomach and project your voice into them.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Yep PlayerSupreme is right, it's all about projecting from your stomach.

I used to have this problem (and sometimes still do), and found that Mr Fingers' post on voice exercises helped me out a bit.

Also, if you feel outgoing and enthusiastic about whatever you are talking about, it will tend to show through in your voice.

High testosterone levels are reasonably important too. After a workout, my voice feels good, but after say masturbating.....my voice is still deep, but weak at the same time. Anyone else find this?
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
You have to talk louder. I have the same problem with the deep voice.

If I talk loud enough, it looks like I am acting superior to my boss. If I try to change tonality I come off unconfident.

Gotta get that tape recorder I guess...
 

PlayerSupreme

Banned
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Age
67
Location
Sacramento
Originally posted by duke007
Yep PlayerSupreme is right, it's all about projecting from your stomach.

I used to have this problem (and sometimes still do), and found that Mr Fingers' post on voice exercises helped me out a bit.

Also, if you feel outgoing and enthusiastic about whatever you are talking about, it will tend to show through in your voice.

High testosterone levels are reasonably important too. After a workout, my voice feels good, but after say masturbating.....my voice is still deep, but weak at the same time. Anyone else find this?
LOL. NO but maybe you shouldn't be wacking off so much and stop screaming my name when you cumm...lol.
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Ugghh yuck
 

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
0
Location
montreal, PQ
Originally posted by duke007
After a workout, my voice feels good, but after say masturbating.....my voice is still deep, but weak at the same time. Anyone else find this?
What!!!?!?!?!?!Hahahahahahahahaha!
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Originally posted by duke007
After a workout, my voice feels good, but after say masturbating.....my voice is still deep, but weak at the same time. Anyone else find this?
Lol wtf dude...not really: I'm too out of breath to be talking to anyone after i whack off...hahaha
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
I've had phone calls and people knocking on the door straight after I'm done on some occasions. :D
 
Top