Decisive's Workout Journal

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double
increase the fvcking weight!!! the easy beginner times are over:cool:
hahaha, you're like a fvcking drill sergeant.

Orright, I'll cut the reps and increase the weight...

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
think you should probably cut the sets down on these too, especially if you're a hard gainer. Shock the muscle (heavy + low reps) and then give it a shytload of rest.
Semag, Lifeforce, Silverwex, Double...

Thanks for the advice [especially Semag], I'll implement the above from now on, starting in my workout tommorrow.

Lifeforce: I'm going to use the 3 day split you suggested... I shall post a specific w/out split plan soon ...

PROGRESS REPORT:
I actually started on 69kg 5 weeks ago but I was much more casual with the weights and the eating program ... however, the current progress is 1kg added [considering I've been at 69kg for past 3 years ...] and I've started to pack on a tiny bit of mass on my upper chest whereas before I was absolutely flat-chested.

Anyhow, I'm just going to keep going ... thing is trying to consistently eat over 6 meals per day... I barely manage 6 meals...

Anyhow ... back to work.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it up... when I began I had a total flat chest too, I really know how good the feeling is when you pack on that first layer of muscle on the pecs. Awesome!

I'll look out for that plan of yours.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your bulking diet looks like a good cutting diet to me - and you think this is too much? eat fvcking more!!!!well my son, if im drilling you then im only wanting to help you to improve, you know sometimes you gotta be evil in order to be good :cool:

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double
eat fvcking more!!!!
You're right ... I'm going to the shop today to go get some gainer powder and some more meat

Day 3 Workout - Chest / Arms

KEY:
W means as a warmup
F means that on the next rep I failed to finish it...

Chest
-BB Bench Press
20KG X 17W
20KG X 14W
30kg x 9
35kg x 5
35kg x 5
35kg x 5
35kg x 5
--->Semag, Lifeforce - I'm trying the high weight [this is nearly 10kg to before] and low rep thing ... makes the muscles feel different... perhaps it is because I'm more accustomed to more endurance type exercise... it feels like I haven't done as much work, yet the muscles feel like they're burning still...?

- DB Flys
20kg x 10 [each DB was 10kg]
20kg x 10
25kg x 8
---> I expected to be able to lift the same weight as on benchpress ... I'm sure this works a different combination of muscles, my chest was shuddering... I will do more of these next time. I like these...

Biceps
- BB Curl
10kg x 18
20kg x 8
20kg x 6F
20kg x 4F
20KG X 6F
20KG X 6F

Triceps
-Close-Grip Benchpress
20kg x 12
30kg x 6
30kg x 4 [Feel too tired now ... think the above wore me out]

Forearm
- DB Wrist Curl
10kg x 12
10kg x 12
10kg x 12
- DB Reverse Wrist Curl
7.5kg x 12
7.5kg x 12
7.5kg x 12
---> hmm, my arms look like twigs, thank God I'm doing weights now.

Comments: Guys, thanks for your ongoing comments, there's just too much for me to address everything you say, but keep it coming.

Silverwex - I checked out your thread, don't worry too much about the pictures - I saw them and I'm really impressed! how long did that take? How much did you eat?

How long should each w/out last I wonder? this one was 2hrs, usually I only do 1 hr but I had to learn the exercises and decide what to do... I'll post my W/out Plan Soon - I just need to put it together.

Double - I'll post my eating plan too, argh, I need to eat MORE! but I hate cottage cheese... time for some shopping...blegh, I need more whey.

It's strange, i keep thinking about how I want to get bigger, more musclier, lift more, all the time... I think it's becoming part of me.

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a trainer that runs a clientele list of 50 to 75 people at any one time, I review a lot of training history from people's past. It is very common to have trainees that have spent three to five years in the gym, and still are not benching much past 200 pounds or squatting much more than 250. I don't care how many sets, how many angles you hit the muscle from, nor how much fast-paced pump work that you do, as long as you lift a girl weights, he will have a girl's body.
Semag - I ripped this from your signature - sounds like fvcking great advice for me to upp the weight constantly

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Semag - I ripped this from your signature - sounds like fvcking great advice for me to upp the weight constantly
That actually wasn't my sig, just a quote I put in that post, but yeah, that guy knows his sh!t. I ripped that from his site, so...

Lift Heavy!

Get Swole!

Or, as Ronnie Coleman says,

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but ain't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
.... but I hate cottage cheese...
2 Ways to enjoy your cottage cheese:

1) Throw and orange or pineapple in it. Citrus-type foods go very well.

2) Throw 3-5 packets of Splenda or Sweet N' Low Sweetener in it, and choke it down with some water.

Also, I'd say, if you can, scrap the DB flys and do incline instead.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Workouts should last around an hour, maybe 10-15 minutes more tops. This is the max for me, I start to feel an overall tiredness. Aim for an hour.

That's the thinking that keep you in the game descisive.

Try to take some before pics of yourself. I only have one with really lousy resolution and I regret it badly. :/

Yeah, heavier weights will make you tired in a completly different way.

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
cool

Just want to add a note that I did a Back workout yesterday,

About 10 Sets of 30kg x 5 reps on average...

Will post more when I'm not so busy

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
legs + shoulders

Quads
- Squat
30kg x 10
30kg x13
30kg x 13
30kg x 14

St. Leg Deadlift
W20kg x 18
30kg x 15
30kg x 12
30kg x 12
30kg x 12

Calf
Raises [unweighted]
x40
x40
x50

Shoulders
-Military Press
W10kg x 20
W15kg x 15
20kg x 9
25kg x 4 [interrupted]
22.5kg x 6
22.5kg x 8F
22.5kg x 8F

--> As usual, felt like puking. Today I reviewed my workout logs and stats - it's been one full month since I commenced working out, I've gained 2cm for my upper arms and also for chest and I've gained 2kg [from 69kg to 71kg].

Lifeforce, I've taken some high-res photos already, but I'll post 'em after another couple of months of this.

I'm wondering if doing an hour of cardio [i.e. beginners breakdance classes ] will adversely affect my bulking program....

Going this way, it's gonna take approx 6 months for me to put on another 10kg, I would say...

hmmm, I lack motivation right now. Seeing hot chicks makes me more depressed than anything ... I wonder why. I'm gonna head over to Double's thread to see if he's had any adventures recently.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for every hour cardio you need one meal more! no cardio after leg training(before is okay). it's bad for regneration.

maybe hot chicks that you dont approach are realized as missed opportunities for you now.....

haha man, no, i had a bad day going out. happens to everyone i guess

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this a joke? Up the weights man, go heavier on squats and SLDLs, and for god's sake, get a barbell and do weighted calf raises! You should be able to do a 4 reper on 37.5 on both squats and deadlift if you calculate from your current lifts.

When will we see some regular hardcore deadlifts?

Military presses are looking solid as rock!

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
now see what you've done, decisive! you made lifeforce angry!! you dont want that dont you??INCREASE THE ****ING WEIGHT FOR LIFEFORCES SAKE:cool:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You make me sound like the godfather man =D Maybe I should start dealing creatine labelled as "funny white powder" to underage children who want to get their fix. :up:

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, you remind me of this one story, do you know the stories of this guy?? some parts make me so ****ing laugh, and if you have read some stories then you just gotta love the main charakters.......sooo cute:D

RETARDED guy BUSTED for gear!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brothers,
The following is a true story.

A week ago, my retarded friend and sometimes training partner, Marvin, showed up at the gym looking a tad dishearted. Seems he had been fired from his job at the Shell gas station for stripping naked and showering in the car wash. Marvin has Down's Syndrome, and even that fact didn't earn him an ounce of compassion from his boss.

Well, brothers, I decided to do the Christian thing- I decided to make Marvin my assistant steroid distributor! I gave him a tub of dbol, and told him to see what he could sell.
Marvin came back hours later, with the tub empty! I gave him another, and off he went. What on earth was the secret of his success?, I wondered. Driving past an elementary school on lunch recess, I soon found out!

There was Marvin, the tub of dbol hung by a string around his neck, the top gone, and sporting a baseball cap with a piece of paper glued across the front reading "DBOL for SALE". He was ringing a bell in one hand, and crying (he has bit of a lisp) "Dbolths....DEE-BAAWWWLTHS....for sthale!....five fur a pound....DEEEE-BOOOOLLTHSSS!" he hollered, so loud it echoed across the entire schoolyard. "Get big...get STWONG...get yer DBOLTHS!!"
A crowd of enthusiastic kids, around 11 or 12, surrounded Marvin and in a matter of seconds he'd sold the entire tub! I rolled down the window of the Rolls and yelled out "Jolly good show, Marvin!"
Nobby rolled down his window and offered his support "WELL FOOKIN DONE!" he roared. I sat back, smiling, and a warm feeling came over me. Marvin was no longer the marginalized, retarded man mopping floors- he was a proficient salesman!

The evening news featured a report on schoolchildren using steroids. They even had shots of the school Marvin had been at.
Typical hype, as usual.

Well, I swung by the school the next day, to see how Marvin would fare- this time, he was wearing a tray, similar to what a hot-dog vendor at a baseball game wears, and it was stocked with dbol, drol, cheque drops, fina pellets....a smorsgasborg of gear, all of which I had supplied him with! He'd just started ringing his bell when several police cars surrounded him, and about 10 police officers rushed out, nightsticks drawn. Marvin dropped his gear, uttered a terrifying roar, and charged the officers, using his mongoloid super-human strength to toss them around like rag dolls. Alas, more officers literally swarmed all over him, beating him with their nightsticks!

Once Marvin gets out of intensive care, he faces various charges....this is ridiculous...I mean, for the LOVE OF GOD, what is wrong with people these days?!!
Can't they give handicapped folk looking to make a living a bleeding BREAK??!!
Someone forward this tale of injustice to Amnesty International, please!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, that was freakin funny man ! =)

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Been too busy to post lately, I've kept working out, but my bulking diet has slipped a little ...

So here's phase 1.1

3 days ago ...

LEGS day
- Quads
w 30kg x 10
35kg x 8
35kg x 10
37.5kg x 10
40kg x 7
40kg x 8

Hamstrings
- St Leg Deadlift
40kg x 9
40kg x 10
40kg x 10
40kg x 10
40kg x 12

Calves
- 10kg Single Leg DB Raises
10kg x 30
10kg x 30
10kg x 30
10kg x 30

Abs
- Crunches
x30 - then intense cramp ... [I shouldn't have drunk so much water before session]

- Need more 5kg + 10kg plates
- Need proper DBs
- Lifeforce, Double - thanks for pushing me, I didn't initially think I could reach 40kg!
- hahaha Double - hilarious story :-D

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday

Shoulders + Arms Day

Deltoid Front
- Military Presses
W10kg x 20
W15kg x 15
20kg x 10
25kg x 5
25kg x 3 [Interrupted]
25kg x 5
25kg x 5F

Deltoid Side
-Upright Row
25kg x 3F
20kg x 7
20kg x 8
20kgt x 6
20kg x 8
20kg x 10

Deltoid Rear
- BB Rear Deltoid Row
20kg x 5
20kg x 6
20kg x 9

Triceps
-Close Grip Bench Press
25kg x 6
25kg x 9
25kg x 9
25kg x 9

Biceps
20kg x 8
20kg x 8
20kg x 8
20kg x 8
20kg x 8
20kg x 8

Wrist Curl
10kg x 10
10kg x 10
10kg x 10
[I should do more of these at heavier weights actually - but I was running overtime at this stage]

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout Plan

REVIEW:
So after one month of consistent beginner weight training, these are my thoughts. Firstly, I feel more confident in my body, it's like my body was formerly a loose collection of wet rags, now, it feels more 'tight', as if I'm assembled in a more quality way, as if the screws holding my pieces together have been tightened. Also, I'm a bit more aggressive/assertive than before. These are mental changes. I also feel much more lustful/horny... must be the testosterone?

Physically, I've gained 2kg ... which, is significant relatively in that I've stayed at my starting weight for about two years. I also see a little bit more mass around my upper chest, In fact, 2cm more when I measured it with a tape measure, and similarly, my bicep/arm has grown 2cm in circumference compared to when I started out. Also, I notice that I fill my shirt better. Nonetheless, the changes are small enough that I'm the only one really noticing.

These changes are mostly mental, and I'm not sure that a photo would reflect much change from before.

However, I've been busy for a week and had to cut down on updating this journal, the hardest thing has been NUTRITION!!!

Argh, the hardest thing I am finding is eating enough per day! I'm taking an extra backpack [of food] to uni on some days [yeah! two bags!] and I feel like I've eaten more gainer/whey powder AND oatmeal in the past month than in the past two years! So i've lapsed this week to only 3 meals :-(

Anyhow, this week I'm into it again, 6 meals per day.

More and more I am appreciating that bodybuilding is just that ... an investment and not a quick solution, that one literally has to build the body they want ... it's a lifestyle necessitating constant discipline.

Lifeforce, Double [I'm off to check what you're up to after this post] and Semag and others ... here's my 3 day split. Any comments?

Lifeforce, I'm up to 40kg on legs now [happy? haha] but I'll give myself a week or two before I go further I think.
The past two entries have followed this plan so check 'em for what I'm currently lifting.

DAY 1
Chest & Back Day
• Chest (General)
o BB Bench Press

• Back (Lats)
o BB Pullover

• Chest (Upper)
o BB Incline Bench Press

• Back (General)
o BB Bent-Over Row

DAY 3
Legs Day
• Quadriceps
o Squats

• Hamstrings
o Straight Leg Deadlift

• Calves (General)
o Single Leg Calf Raise

• Abdominal
o Crunches

DAY 5
Shoulders & Arms Day
• Deltoid (Front)
o Military Presses

• Deltoid (Side)
o Upright Row

• Deltoid (Rear)
o BB Rear Deltoid Row

• Triceps
o Close Grip Bench Press

• Biceps
o Barbell Curl

• Wrist Flexors
o Wrist Curl

• Wrist Extensors
o Reverse Wrist Curl

I'm actually pretty happy with this plan and do not see any problems with it, but any comments are appreciated!