Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Decide what you want and learn how to learn

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen, sometimes when I'm skimming through different posts, looking at all of the different techniques and ideologies, everything seems so jumbled and distorted. Then I remember what I'm looking for and everything becomes crystal clear. I hope to empower you to do the same.

There are two things you should consider when you are attemping to learn from a source other than yourself, such as a post, article, etc.

Ask yourself these questions:
  • Are the facts true and do the ideas work?
  • Do the ideas fit my needs and goals?
To answer those questions, you have to know what you believe in and how to evaluate the validity of the ideas.

When you know what fundamental ideas you believe in, it becomes infinitely easier to read a post, an article, a thesis, a book, or hear an argument or opinion and decide whether you believe it is true or not.

When you know the definite, distinguished factors of your life that you want to focus on improving, it becomes infinitely easier to read a post, article, etc and decide whether there is something you can take from it.

Part I - Beliefs and Truths
--------------------------------

Whenever someone makes a statement that they claim to be true, they are making assumptions. For example, if I say, "The development of our children is being harmed by violence in the media," I am assuming that exposure to violence is harmful. To say that, I might be assuming that people begin to believe what they see, whether they have logical reason to or not. To say that, I have to make other assumptions. The list goes on.

Some of the assumptions people make are considered facts. This usually occurs when the idea is shown to work with the laws of nature. For example, if I tell you that water contains oxygen, you could prove it by identifying oxygen atoms. Usually assumptions are based on assumptions are based on assumptions and so on until you reach not an assumption but a fact.

The problem is, when you get abstract ideas, you have to take more and more steps to get between the idea and (a) fact(s) that makes it true. For example, there is only one step between the idea that oxygen is in water and the law of nature that defines what an oxygen atom is. To prove that some dinosaurs could fly is considered by many to be a fact, but to prove that takes many, many assumptions.

The more assumptions you make, the more likely it is that one of them is false, making the idea false. This means that the more abstract the idea, the more likely it is to have a fault in its reasoning. This is why you really shouldn't accept an argument as true unless you know a few things that help you understand that it really is true. People have different core beliefs, so you have decide if the argument fits your own beliefs.

Before you can do that, you have to know what your beliefs and values are. What do you know to be to true? If you can think up the important ones, do so. If not, when you come across something make sure you know what your stance on it is. If you don't go one way or the other on something, you can still be aware that that's what you believe. If, for example, you don't know whether you believe in God or not, then that's fine. Make that your belief. When someone says, "You can't do that because God will punish you." you don't have to interpret it as true, and on the other side, if someone says, "I'm not going hell because there's no God," you don't have to interpret it as true. You don't have to have an answer for everything, and a concrete belief doesn't have to be so one-sided.

When you do know what you believe, whether an argument is true or false becomes much easier to evaluate because you just test it with the appropriate "truths" you believe in. For example, if I tell you that bringing a girl flowers on a blind date is an effective way of winning her over, you can use your belief that women don't want to be smothered in attention to rule it out as false. If you didn't know that as a truth, then you would have to consider many factors involving how women tick to make an appropriate assumption. When you have a conscious picture of what you believe and what you don't believe, then you don't have to evaluate things that are essentially the same over and over. Some things, however, have to be learned in some depth before you can decide whether you agree with them or not. Once you learn enough, you can decide what your stance on it is and then no longer worry about how you feel about it.

Part II - Focus or Irrelevant?
-----------------------------------

When you come across a new idea, it can take a great length of time to decipher it and evaluate it's validity. As illustrated above, when you come across a new idea you do have to take the time to evaluate whether you believe it or not. This can be sitting through a lecture, reading a book, reading many books, doing a wealth of research, and so on, sometimes not reaching a conclusion. So why waste all this time if you don't care about the topic?

Here at sosuave we have people with different goals all posting tips and methodology that fit their needs, but in the same environment. If you are a speed seduction man, why are you wasting time reading posts that develop character and help with LTRs or life in general? If you are a 'player' or a guy looking to get laid, why read everything you see? If you are the guy who wants to improve his life in general, why are you reading so far into techniques for one night stands? In the end, these will not get you closer to your goals. So before you bother reading and then either criticizing or blindly praising an argument, decide if it is relevant to your goals.

First of all, if you don't know what your goals are then you're really just wasting your time no matter what you're doing. What DO you want? Put pen to paper if it helps, make a list. If you're a member of sosuave, do you even want to spend time improving in any of the provided areas? If not, it's time for you to leave because you're just wasting your time. If so, which area in particular? It's not hard to determine. Once you've determined what your goals are, you can start looking for information relevant to them and you will know what to learn.

When you do know what your goals are, you can use your beliefs to make daily decisions with ease. "Should I go to class or go to work early for extra money." Well, first of all do you believe that skipping class is ok? If so, you can weigh what it will cost you with how it will fit your goals. How important is getting a good grade? Is that a major goal? How important is going to work? Do you need the extra money? Do you need to get on your boss' good side? It sounds simple, but some examples can get complicated. As far as what your goals are in reference to sosuave and improvement, decide what they are so you can learn the correct information with less confusion and more efficiency.

When you see everything clearly and can get around the clutter, you can use this site in the best manner possible. It is a great tool and when you use it well you will see the benefits.

Last edited:
B

BIG WILLY

So essential

This is exactly whats been on my mind for a while now.

In order to make the most progress in the shortest amount of time, in order to really grow, each and everyone one of us needs to pinpoint what our goals exactly are. From there, we need to read only the relevent posts to get to where we want to be.

There's so much content on this site. This can be a good and bad thing. If you have found out EXACTLY what u want to accomplish, then you can search and will find exactly what you need to read. If you're just fumbling around through this site with no real goals in your life, then you're just going to be lost in a haze, making no real progress.

In just a few short months, u can change your entire life physically, mentally, socially, spiritually, financially. However, brothers...

YOU CAN'T HIT A TARGET YOU CAN'T SEE.

Blinky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.

Originally posted by Nocturnal

Ask yourself these questions:
  • Are the facts true and do the ideas work?
I think too help you decide which facts are true and what works you need too look at how many people back up an idea compared to how many disagree with it, how many people you've read having success with the idea,..and wheather u've tried it and know it too work yourself.

Testing out a belief or an idea is the best way of finding out if it's true or not....but at the same time you gotta evaluate what the risk level of trying it out is.

hacx

Don Juan
Reaction score
In just a few short months, u can change your entire life physically, mentally, socially, spiritually, financially. However, brothers...

YOU CAN'T HIT A TARGET YOU CAN'T SEE

I agreed:D