Debate: Global Warming

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
Thorium IS nuclear energy. Its considered as an alternative to Uranium because its slightly radioactive.

I haven't heard of any working Thorium reactors, the Indians are still in developmental stages. Uranium will have to do for now.
Yes, sorry instead of Uranium, which is of very limited supply. Supply of Thorium is abundant in India.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
What the hell are you taking about? Did you come here from an alternate reality in a time machine? Maybe a Delorean?

Seriously. Unless you live inside the eye of a hurricane, you're not going to see devastating effects like that from global warming. You just probably saw a freak thunderstorm. Probably influenced by the effects of global warming... but its still to early to tell. Things won't get so chaotic due to warming yet. Give it a few years.

What you will see is weird weather patterns. Increasde precipitation in different areas of the world and drought in others. (like in Australia) Warmer oceans mean more typhoons and hurricanes (like in the States, Germany, UK, Canada... we're all getting hurrincanes now. Small ones, but its a start.) . Most will be stronger than in previous years and so forth.

Hell won't rain down on earth yet, but the weather still does damage to human settlement (2-3 billion in damage in Germany from some freakin wind... honestly) and will greatly affect economies if it gets bad enough, especially in countries that depend heavily on exports of food and such.
WTF are you talking about? Of course I saw many freak thunderstorms, weird weather patterns anyone? Not Catastrophic yet, but on its way.

And increased wind speeds, blowing ice cold air onto Europe even in summer? You claim to be an expert on this, and havent read about this?

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We will all be dead by the time global warming is a major threat, so why worry about it? Who cares?

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
WTF are you talking about? Of course I saw many freak thunderstorms, weird weather patterns anyone? Not Catastrophic yet, but on its way.

And increased wind speeds, blowing ice cold air onto Europe even in summer? You claim to be an expert on this, and havent read about this?
I mostly read stuff that happens in Canada and the northern States. I live in the area so I'm used to the cilmate. If anything different starts happening I can compare to the baseline.

And Ice cold air? Hmmm.... Thanks for a head start. I'll look into that. Sounds interesting.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ryannath said:
We will all be dead by the time global warming is a major threat, so why worry about it? Who cares?
Quitter. That's why you'll never be anything. Because you don't care and you're not willing to do anything.

Why don't you just lay back and let the world fvck you?

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
While the documentary by Gore may be slightly exaggerated, it is true that we DO have an influence on the planet and it is warming as a result of this.

Tell me Mr. Conspiracy: Is everyone in on it? Even the polar bears that drown in the Arctic because the ice is retreating? Maybe those scientists have been paid to make such claims.

What about freak weather patterns? Maybe Katrina didn't REALLY happen. Maybe the ocean didn't really warm up and make the damn thing as strong as it was.

The warming is not natural. Something is going on. And if its not us and its something else... like the small chance that its solar activity. Then we're EVEN MORE SCREWED. This completely takes the power to change the planet back to normal out of our hands. If its the sun we need to act even quicker or else we're toast.

(If you are wondering why I am using the sun as an example its because its one of the counter theories to Global Warming. Says that it warms due to solar activity and not greenhouse gases.)

Reaction score
Of course human activity has an affect - the question is to what extent!! Don't follow the crowd or the puppeteers who lead them!!

There is always an agenda!

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Of course human activity has an affect - the question is to what extent!!!
YES! Thank you. Finally someone gets it. This is what I am saying.

Don't follow the crowd or the puppeteers who lead them!!!
I do my best not to. You got pupeteers on both sides. Both the 'envirenmentalists' (and I use that loosely because it includes dirty politicians) like Gore, and then you have those that work for the oil compaines and deny everything.

Morons on both sides if you ask me. But I guess that's what happens when you get politicians involved in these things. Everything they touch turns to sh*t. Always.

This is true. Which is why I like to look at the facts and figures that scientists come up with. It cuts most of the conjecture, and personal opition and gets right to the truth of the matter.

Plus I can interpret most of the sicence anyway since this is what I study here at Uni, so its really not a stretch.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Of course human activity has an affect - the question is to what extent!! Don't follow the crowd or the puppeteers who lead them!!

This is probably the best post in this tread.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
Tell me Mr. Conspiracy: Is everyone in on it? Even the polar bears that drown in the Arctic because the ice is retreating? Maybe those scientists have been paid to make such claims.

What about freak weather patterns? Maybe Katrina didn't REALLY happen. Maybe the ocean didn't really warm up and make the damn thing as strong as it was.

The warming is not natural. Something is going on. And if its not us and its something else... like the small chance that its solar activity. Then we're EVEN MORE SCREWED. This completely takes the power to change the planet back to normal out of our hands. If its the sun we need to act even quicker or else we're toast.

(If you are wondering why I am using the sun as an example its because its one of the counter theories to Global Warming. Says that it warms due to solar activity and not greenhouse gases.)

Did you watch the video? It doesn't doubt the fact that the earth is getting warmer. It doubts the cause of it, and if you watch the video, you'll realize they have a point. They also talk about your solar theory. Check it out.
Great video btw LMS.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call me diddy, you really need to do more research before you feel the need to be the governments police dog.

There as been proof of inventions for cars to make them not require petrol or fuel that have been 'bought' out by big corperations and government invlovements since there is 'too much money' in petrol and fosssil fuels even though there have been inventions to stop the possibility of ever using them again.

there as been invetnions to make lightbulbs and electrical applicances work far long that have been bought out and stamped out.

Until the civilised modern world is not so concerend with profit and money, global warming will never be addressed, it will just be re-packaged.
And the gonvernment is not doing THERE part in tackling the issue and when they DO there part in tackling the issue it is usally assocciated with a cost to the consumer.

Now an example is an ideal put in over in England, they are trying to charge people that fly in the air more money and the reasoning behind it is for environment issues, what they are trying to impose is 'if you fly more then once your next flight in that year will have an higher increase in TAX'.

Open your eyes and dont be a police dog to people that are clearly not doing what they can and when they actually do something it usually is only ever motivated by cost.