Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Deathtertainment

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Americans always had guns. Shootings started just a decade ago. It is the decomposition of society. Americans worship satanic symbology found on dollar bills, the church is fake, mass media brainwashing, etc.

I personally can't see myself living in America.

It disgusts me.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
No one said anything about legislating it out. It's up to the parents to make choices on behalf of their mentally ill kids. This particular parent made some pretty bad ones. The kid was not just mentally handicapped; he was known to be volatile and antisocial.

Not sure what 'volatile' means.

And not sure how 'antisocial' is bad.

Sure in hindsight she made some bad choices, but there is no one to blame except the person who committed the crime.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:

Sure in hindsight she made some bad choices, but there is no one to blame except the person who committed the crime.
According to the article that I read, she was so concerned about the kid that, when he was younger, she told baby sitters that they weren't allowed to go to the bathroom, because the kid couldn't be let out of sight even for a minute. Obviously, she had pretty serious concerns.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When do you think the last time Adam Lanza got laid?

I doubt it. the dude was a virgin most likely. I'm sure it contributed to his killing spree.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:

do not confuse anti social with introversion. introversion is you just not particularly liking to talk to people. i'm pretty introverted. My Myers-Briggs Personality type is INTJ.

Anti social is when you do things that are a detriment to society.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
do not confuse anti social with introversion. introversion is you just not particularly liking to talk to people. i'm pretty introverted. My Myers-Briggs Personality type is INTJ.

Anti social is when you do things that are a detriment to society.

Can we have an example of something 'Anti-Social' as compared to say ... Criminal?

I'm also a little confused on the definition of Society in this context.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can we have an example of something 'Anti-Social' as compared to say ... Criminal?

fwiw sociopathic, which is not exactly the same as "anti-social," is a disconnection from the emotions that a normal person would feel. Pulling the wings off flies to watch them suffer as they die is a classic example of sociopathic behavior in children. It's not illegal, but someone who does that for fun is not especially healthy in the head.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:

fwiw sociopathic, which is not exactly the same as "anti-social," is a disconnection from the emotions that a normal person would feel. Pulling the wings off flies to watch them suffer as they die is a classic example of sociopathic behavior in children. It's not illegal, but someone who does that for fun is not especially healthy in the head.

Fair enough :)

When I was little, I'd set out honey for ants. They'd come by the thousand, and I'd arrange the area so they could only make their line from one direction. I lined the area with gasoline/oil. When there were thousands inside the ring, I torched it.

I suppose I'm anti-social too!

Personally I don't mind human variability as long as it isn't harming others in some way. I suppose the exception is environmental stuff that doesn't directly harm humans, like hunting the last of the White Rhinos to extinction, or clear-cutting Borneo.

Thats why I get a little stuck on these words like "anti-social", since its implying non-criminal action. I don't think I have a right to use force (laws) against someone to modify/prevent their behavior unless they're committing a crime.

cliffs:

theres nothing wrong with being "anti-social".

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anti-social - any behavior that opposes normal behavior as perceived by the society; now this is a pretty vague and broad definition so if you think about, things like getting too drunk and passing out can be perceived as anti-social if the "society" or group of people you associate with are pretty conservative Mormons
- Persistent anti-social behavior is just one of the criteria used to diagnose someone with Anti-social Personality Disorder....former is a sign while latter is a diagnosis...in other words anti-social behavior is to anti-social personality disorder as chest pain is to heart attack....not to mention anti-social behavior is also one of the criteria used to diagnose Conduct Disorder which can only be diagnosed in children and most adults with Anti-Social Personality Disorder were or could have been diagnosed with Conduct Disorder when they were kids

Sociopathic - this term and the term psychopathic are not really clinical terms although they are extensively used in law and popular culture to loosely define a big cluster of individuals who are perceived to be extremely callous and inconsiderate to laws/lives of the society; it is a good term to be used informally and as a sorta "shotgun" method to include all behaviors and personality traits that scientifically belong to many different disorders such as narcissism, lack of guilt, emotionally withdrawn, disregard for others' safety and laws of the society, etc....think of it as an umbrella term that most people have a rudimentary understanding of what it may or may not entail.

Therefore, being anti-social is not necessarily bad depending on whose context it is defined in. My above example of getting too drunk within a Mormon group is most likely anti-social however, get too drunk at a college party and you are perceived as pro-social. Although, there are some universal behaviors that are rightfully considered anti-social no matter the makeup of the society...such as killing small defenseless children .

Hope this clears it up.