Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Death: The Ultimate Motivator

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing that I can tell you that will get you out there and taking charge in your life is to think about death. Before March of last year I was drinking, doing drugs, partying, and working a job that just paid the bills because they wouldn't drug test me, with few friends and no girls. Then I made a stupid mistake.

I was driving home from a party drunk, I normally wouldn't do that sort of thing, but an ongoing argument at the party ruined my time so I just decided to go home. A few miles from my house, I wrecked my car, unfortunately I was not wearing a seatbelt. My car stopped suddenly and my head crashed into the windshield.The right side of my face struck a shard of glass that cut in a diagonal fashion from my right cheekbone, across my eyelid, to the space in between my eyebrows, and peeled the flesh up to the top of my forehead, severing an artery, and coming millimeters from taking my eye. I was conscious, but within a matter of minutes I had lost most of the blood in my body. I began to lose consciousness and I knew that I was dying. Luckily someone saw the accident and an ambulance was able to reach the scene in time and my life was saved. It took them four hours to stitch my face properly and let me tell you, it was extremely painful since they couldn't kill the pain the whole time because of the state my body was in being drunk and almost drained of blood. Once I was sent home I couldn't get out of bed for two weeks. I went through boughts of depression, but then I thought about what it was like during the accident.

When I was lying in my car and I knew I was dying all I could think of was everything that I had wanted to do, but didn't because I was too scared or too lazy. After my recovery, I was a changed man. I had faced death so at that point everything else paled in comparison as far as fear was concerned. I quit partying, drinking, and doing drugs and whatever I wanted from that point on I went out and got it whether it was a woman, or a talent, or a job, whatever.

Remember there is one thing that you need to be mindful of. For every being on this planet, time is ticking by one minute after the other and eventually it will run out and you may never know if that will be 50 years from now or tomorrow. Live every day to the fullest and live it for yourself, because you never know when that day could be your last. Be proud and respect yourself and if anyone treats you badly, I don't care if it's a woman or not, then remove them from your life. You don't need friends or women who are going to bring you down and not enhance your life because time is still ticking and there are people out there that WILL enhance your life. Most of all just be happy to EXIST because you could have just as easily never had a chance to do anything.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, thanks for sharing that with us bro. I think about death quite often just inquisitively and it scared me...but i just pushed it away. Way to harness this! Good post

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not something I normally like to talk about because even though it helped me better myself, the experience is still a sensitive subject for me. Even though I'm now confident in myself and love my life, the scar reminds me of the person I used to be. You know it's strange but you think that the scar would repel women, but they always think it's hot :). Anyway, I thought I would share that with you guys because I know that most of you are intelligent and humble enough to take my advice and learn from my mistakes.

Dilberto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a Meth addict/Alcoholic, for 22 solid years. I'm lucky to be alive.......much less still have all my teeth. But, I LOST EVERYTHING else. My marriage, kid, high-paying careers, property, etc. I thought, "I'm different than others, I can afford to stay high"..........and stay HIGH I did......for 22 consecutive years! I didn't see a single day sober. Not one. I once threw a Xmas party......that didn't end until April of the following year. I was SO LOADED one night I gave away a brand-new Mercedes-Benz convertible, to a strange girl I just slept with- because she wanted to go get us some cigarettes, and fast food. I never saw that car again. I was so incoherent......I had difficulty describing her to the cops. I could go on......but there is no longer any need to. When I got admitted to the ER for breathing problems- I realized I was going to die........SOON.

That's when I finally woke up and decided I need to FINISH LIVING FIRST.

Your post is a great inspiration. If we die without ever reaching our HIGHEST POTENTIAL......it is NOBODY'S FAULT but our own.....

T-Roy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... A lot of people say us teenagers think we are invincible. But I know stuff like that could happen. I can't wait till I have the ability and money to do things I've always wanted to do.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good post man. Almost dieing probobly is the thing that saved your life. I think everyone gets one "awakening" at some point of their. But not everyone "gets up"..

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading this post again had an even more profound effect on me. Your writing really makes it feel as if I were there...dying with you. Feels very scary man. But motivates you at the same time.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
should dying really be a motivating factor as opposed to living?
Yes.

The end.

swifTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
thankyou for sharing. really hammers home what matters. you only get one life and you have to live it. even tho it was a horrible experience, its helped you immeasurably. now you understand.

artalexakis

Don Juan
Reaction score
epic, im sorry you had to go through that, that sucks. But im sure your doing better today right? =)

thats good advice ill try applying it to my life, thanks man. =)

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That must've been a wake-up call to life for you. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No problem guys. Yeah I'm doing better now, as far as emotionally and mentally anyway. I still have some physical problems though. Sometimes I feel some pain in that area, but it goes away. The only thing that bothers me is that, I can't open the eyelid that was cut as much as the other one, so I have a slight loss in my field of vision, which took some time to get used to.

Microphone Fiend said:
should dying really be a motivating factor as opposed to living?

Yes, I believe it should be. It's not the fear of dying that you should focus on. You should maintain a constant awareness that one day you will no longer be alive. All I'm saying is you should look at it as a deadline, and no one can give you an extension if you don't make it. You should have no problem with women. Approach them, get numbers, set up dates, and if they don't live up to your standards, next them. You want a woman that's already right for you, you don't have time to "try" and make it work, so don't feel guilty, nervous, scared, or anything like that because of your actions. The same thing goes for any other goals you have for your life. 100 years from now, everyone one that's currently on this planet will be dead. Everyone's got the same fate, so frankly I think it's the way life should be lived.

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great Post man !! Epic - I have been there too. I have been through the windshield too, but I was the passenger, and was I lying on the road doing my last. In fact, I died for nearly two minutes on the way to the hospital, but was resuscitated thankfully.

Life has never been the same since.

People don't sit around waiting for the knock on the door, or blow out your light early on a drug/drink fueled binge - enjoy life, watch the sun come up tomorrow - you may never see it again. You are split second from death, and nobody knows when the big light is turned off.

Life is a lottery and there are no winners. Enjoy life to max - say yes to everything and don't hesitate or wait - it's one way journey, travel first class and for god sake enjoy!

zubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. amazing, if morbid post. I was in the same situation last september. You never intend on driving drunk, but sometimes stuff happens when youre plastered and you make a mistake.
Now i get feelings where I feel like my life is so fragile, and all it takes is a second and its over.

Sh!t like that slaps some sense into you.

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I once took a plane over the big lake to the United States about twenty years ago just after I had recovered from the near death accident. I wanted to travel a bit and see the amazing sights of the world. I bumped into this old native Indian, who was a friend of the people who I was staying with.

He looked right into my eyes and made me feel very uneasy. Then he said that all this is dream, make the most of it, as you don't know when you are going to wake up. You recently came very close to waking up, I can see it in your eyes. He repeated, "this" waving his arms about " is a dream, and it can last eight or eighty eight years" You choose what you want to do in this dream consciously or unconsciously, but you can wake at any moment, you never know the time. But, don't worry about waking up, you will be in another different dream...

Interesting take on things that sticks in my mind all the time.... Dream on !!