"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Dealing with people that backstab

digitalrat

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Location
Tallahasse, FL
How do I deal with a roommate that backstabs, ****blocks and talk **** behind your back. The type of kid that is very insecure and trys to make you look bad infront of people. He's nice sometimes and other times he's a an ******* and trys to be tough. I'm not trying to make myself looks better, but I'm better looking then him and people naturally like me better. I have more than him, money wise, and that might be whats making him so envyies.

I want to know how you guys would handle the situation without making it obvious that I really hate this kid? How do I get what I want, yet dont give him as much?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Confront him, one on one behind closed doors. In no uncertain terms tell him exactly what you wrote in your post and that you will not allow it to happen again. If he does do it again, confront him again but this time deal with it as soon as it happens no matter where you may be.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
sounds like a jealous ****. jealousy and insecurity fuels h8 like that.

i had a friend that used to do that to me back several months. ****block, try to humiliate me in front of others, and not value my opinions. he was probably a little insecure and had low self esteem. he never calls you for ****, if no one calls, he'll just be home everyday. unless someone calls, then he'll come out.

well you wanna know what happened? i cut contact. for about 6 weeks. didnt dial his # at all. neither did his friend. So hasnt really gone out to do anything. then 2 weeks ago, he ims me and i chat a bit with him as if we're cool. I hung out with him last week, he seems to have changed. he doesnt do that **** to me no more and now he respects me in all aspects.
we've been friends for almost 5 years, i guess he valued the friendship and didnt want to see it crumble.

the thing was he put his self worth above mine, thinking i needed him in order to hangout. I can do fine without him, i can find other people or go myself. He realizes that now and respects me.
how does he know? cause he asked me what i've been doing the past month when we werent hanging out.

I dont know how you can apply it to your roomy, but you gotta do some **** to make him respect you. whatever that may be. Just tell him to **** off if he disrespects you in any way.

I dont agree with moving out, moving out means you accept your loss and you're not standing up for yourself. thats probably what his goal is. Stand your ground and dont take **** from him, let him know you dont give a crap about him or what he says.
 
Top